A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,647
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Share your Mess...Then let's clean it up!  (Read 93466 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vtgirl
"Impossible sir, it's in Johnson's underwear."

Loves flow charts.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006 08:10:05 PM »

So, in a weird way this makes me feel better.  I'm not the only one who creates surrounded by mess  Grin

I keep telling myself that my excuse is that we just moved...at the end of May....not really an excuse anymore.  Undecided

So, here's my craft room.  I do share it with my husband, but right now he's building/crafting another kayak so that's being done outside. (yup, that means the mess is all mine  Wink )

I seriously think one of my problems is shelving and storage for everything.  Stuff like that can get expensive so I've been scouring the thrift stores and such but I still have to buy one piece at a time.

This thread is motivated me to clean up a little more  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're referring to the incident with the dragon, I was barely involved." ~ Gandalf

Twitter = sicavt
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006 08:16:50 PM »

alright I've got pictures.... *hang head in shame*

I craft in our living room.  One of the perks of having a roomie who's never there.
this is the coffee table...

OMG! Is that floor I see?? WOW!!  I must've just been standing there.

wow, nothing on the irnoing board.  That's a rare occurance.

ya know, I've always heard creative people are messy.  I think we're proving that right!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
spaz2phreek
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006 09:44:17 AM »

First off, I'm so showing this to the boyfriend so maybe he'll understand why my craft space looks like it does.
Okay, here goes... My craft room is our dining room.
...some pics of the space....

It's not so bad..... I have to keep the floor between the computer & sewing machine clear because I have one chair that rolls from one to the other. I will finally have a break between projects that have deadlines here pretty soon & it seems a good idea to clean up and organize before I start on Christmas stuff, right. We'll see how it goes...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
stopmoshun
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006 10:09:05 AM »

so my room looks like crap too, and the thing is i have been trying to organize it, i bought some of those plastic drawer bins and baskets and everything, but i just don't know where to put stuff. i'll see if i can find a picture.

here is an interesting book:
Organizing Your Craft Space by Jo Packham
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1402716028/sr=1-1/qid=1154884040/ref=sr_1_1/103-4294400-9668623?ie=UTF8&s=books

some of it is crap, like buying organizers and furniture with lots of drawers that costs lots of $$$. but there are some good ideas for people with closet craft space. like using those hanging shoe things, the flat ones and the square ones to hang up on the back of the door or on the pole thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xsattentionspan
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006 10:41:17 AM »

Grin  I love it.  I share the same woes and Mr. xsattentionspan is quite peeved that my crafts seem to pile up in the living room and on the dining room table.  My excuse?  My craft room doesn't have heat in the winter (I live in Wis.)  and now that we are having a heat wave it's miserable in there without air conditioning.  We rent so I'm not sinking more money into another air conditioner. 
          I know I need to find a way to store my supplies in a way that I can see what I have.  If I can't see it, it's not there and I will buy more. Also, I tend to drag everything out when I am brainstorming.  Sometimes i just like taking all of my fabric scraps out and looking at them and thinking of what I might do w/ them.  I'm just not so great at putting it all away again.  ughh, I still haven't learned to put my toys away!

Pics to come.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006 10:55:53 AM »

oh god. i think i so need to be in this one. i too have a craft closet, but my general house looks like crap (due to crafting). pics when i get home!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2006 11:05:23 AM »

spaz2phreek - we have the same sewing machine it looks like, 9910? something around there, isn't it great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
emt95348
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2006 11:13:08 AM »

HOLY SMOKES!!!! nah, seriously i used to have a mess just like those. what was funny was even though i couldn't move around in it I knew where everything was Smiley anyway, when we moved into this new house and i acquired my own sewing room i made a promise to keep it presentable and to tell you the truth i love it!!! here are some pics to give you some ideas on storage for your room - it is far from perfect but it's getting there;

THIS ROCKS   Logged

A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.
McJulie-O
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2006 11:45:56 AM »

I know I need to find a way to store my supplies in a way that I can see what I have.  If I can't see it, it's not there and I will buy more.

I can definitely see myself in this! I should have taken a picture of the room I sew in just 2 weeks ago, but I cleaned it out (excavated is more like it!) for a short visit from my mother, and ALL the stuff went into boxes in my bedroom. Now I can hardly find anything!!!!

I need to approach things with emt95348's finesse. Not only does she have whole cupboards dedicated for a crafty purpose, she has that WONDERFUL wall space above her sewing machine for threads and sewing paraphernalia.

The wall organizers are EXACTLY what I want to do! I'm getting right on it. Thanks, emt95348, for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eveH

I'll try it once

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2006 11:54:02 AM »

Looks nice and organized too me.. I would love that.

I don't have mine up yet...We had to downsize because of the Hurricane so I have a new room to work with....I am now having to share a sewing room with computers....I am trying to figure it all out..the room is only about 14 by 14 so I will have to be really organized....

One thing I will miss is my old spool holder...I took a 30" board and drove different size nails nails in it from the back...painted it and hung it on the wall..it held a lot of spools of thread in different sizes....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You don't have to get it right the first time, just the last time.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Night Landscape Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Museum Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Macro/Close-up Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Landscape Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Kids/Pets Scene
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...