A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,072
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nothing's leaving! Help!!  (Read 801 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

caffeinatedair
« on: August 05, 2006 06:37:42 AM »

Here's the deal -- I got a shop on ECrater a few weeks ago and since then I've had quite a few views from people on my items (it logs each view.)

My only worry is why isn't any of it leaving?? Huh

Check it out and tell me what you think!
http://jesterkittie.ecrater.com

Do you think the stuff is overpriced? If so, what would you pay for it?
Did it not quite appeal to you? Why?
Was there not enough in the shop for you to even consider buying?
Help me out here!  Cheesy

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LunarEclipse
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006 09:32:44 AM »

I am by no means experienced at crafting or selling, but for just a general opinion, I think your stuff is quite nice and reasonably priced. I do think that maybe a little more in the shop would help. Hope that helps  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itscribe
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006 11:01:09 AM »

Take a critical look at your site as if you haven't been there before.

Consider what a visitor might think...

created in early July of 2006 = new site => inexperienced business
by a girl and her ... = young, perhaps irresponsible
AIM = cool, I can maybe get you "live"
EMail at yahoo = screams this is a hobbiest site and not a pro

Remember, you are asking complete strangers to send you money up front and hope that you follow through and ship the item. That's all about trust - your site has to scream trust me I'm a professional without using those words.

Featured Categories - you have this big intro and then have 2 categories - kinda a letdown.

Think about when you go to a craft show - which tables do you approach? The ones with just a few small things or the ones that have a full table?

If you only plan on selling jewelry and wallets, I would change the front page to showcase those. As it is now, it looks like there should be more categories.

The mushroom earings are quite cute!

Good luck with your new business!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006 03:49:39 PM »

You've only got 6 items listed in your shop. Unless people visiting want one of those 6 items, they're leaving the site with no purchases. It's simply a numbers game as well as other things.

For example, even if I'm spending only $10 on a wallet, it has to be the right wallet. I don't see the inside of it, if there are any pockets, no closure, what's the stitching look like, etc. It can be cute on the outside, but it also has to be functional. I have to see the functionality.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

caffeinatedair
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006 04:13:27 PM »

DId you scroll through the pictures?

I understand that since there are very few items, there's less of a chance that they will be bought - I'm working on that (slowly). This is just a basic, BASIC shop I made using ECrater. I was planning on making more things and actually creating a bigger website eventually rather than just using ECrater. (Since there's only so much you can customize and you can also only have 5 (pictured) categories on ECrater.

Thanks for everyone's help, though! Keep in mind that this is just a beginning of selling things -- I wanted to know if there was any interest in the types of things I was selling and if I was around the right price range for people before making the "big leap" into a full blown shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hbic
Home Deconomics

A little home ec, a little home dec

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006 07:55:43 AM »

I would have missed the fact you have more pictures of each item had you not mentioned it here. You probably cant change the size of the font but what if you just change it to "more pics" or something similar? Also, I bet it would help to put a business card or something inside the wallet to demonstrate the pockets. It looks sort of flat at the moment.

I think your items are reasonably priced but I would want a little more pizzaz. Something quite unique or a distinct feature that's really memorable. I think you're on the right track but maybe keep working on the design or use really unusal fabrics that you dont find in every quilt shop. I mean this to be constructive criticism not to be cruel. I like the fabric wallet idea but not quite enough to buy one - yet! I hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hand made home decor
LoveArtScene
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006 10:05:29 PM »

First off, I really love the bright and clean layout you have! It's pretty easy to follow and I'm not distracted by anything. The featured item is great, I'm always one to click on it just to see what it is. Now for the not so nice stuff.

- I would put the dimensions of the wallets and anything else you are selling. Say for the wallets, I don't want to end up with anything so small it'll only hold a few credit cards, a license, and maybe a pocket for those grocery lists. Size matters when people are looking to buy.

- I would also put something in the "Terms, FAQ and Contact" Those are always key points in a site and always the most helpful if something isn't clear.

I think you're doing a wonderful job, especially for a first time site! I've never been successful, so more power to yah! I hope this was helpful, and if something isn't really clear you can always message me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Follow Happiness and You Will Find Fulfillment
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Ghanta Tarkari in Bhubaneshwar, India
Making Aloo Shaak with the Meghwal Tribe in Gujarat, India
How to Make Bacon Vodka
How to Make Spicy Indian Breakfast Pancakes
How to Make a Pork Neck Curry with Mango Salsa
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...