A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 301,985
Currently Running With Scissors:
389 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MONA LISA  (Read 24205 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

titancia
Are you a good twin or a bad twin?

It's Thistle with a Bobo on her head!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2006 08:38:28 PM »

That is so good!! I love her smile. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Valbi
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2006 08:47:25 PM »

Wow! That's amazing! Your gifted girl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2006 05:42:51 AM »

AWwww, thanks ladies.

After painting her, I have decided that (after I get some tiny brushes) I want to make a big shadow box, and paint a popular or favorite painting from musuems I have visited around the world!

Next will be Starry Night (the MOMA in NYC), then a Picasso (paris), then a warhol (pittsburg), a miro (barcelona), a Salvador Dali....The persistance of memory, probably...you know, the melted clock one! (Paris), a Degas (something from the Orsay Museum), something from the Guggenheim in NYC ....
The possibilities are endless! 

Of course, this is just a craftster's rambling dream.  My eyes would probably go blind trying! 

I do love this mini comp SO.  We should do a mini craft-a-long for everything we have been inspired to make!  Don't let the spirit of the mini die!!!!!  Tongue

I will probably just get to paint a few mini's for others for personal swaps.  Anyone? anyone? bueller?

I am a loon, I know. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SidekickFancy
...and then there was Fancy...

Funny how it feels when there's nothing to say...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006 02:00:03 PM »

That is delightful Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness can be found in the darkest of times...if one only remembers to turn on the lights.

You can lead a heart to love, but you can't make it fall.

http://www.wists.com/thegyrlwholived
titancia

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2006 02:04:02 PM »

If you're serious, I'd love to do a swap!! As much as I love the Mona Lisa, I am freaking in LOVE with Starry Night! I would swap you for that!! I don't know what I could do in return, but do PM me if you are interested! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OriginalYouth

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2006 06:50:56 AM »

If you're serious, I'd love to do a swap!! As much as I love the Mona Lisa, I am freaking in LOVE with Starry Night! I would swap you for that!! I don't know what I could do in return, but do PM me if you are interested! Smiley

Well, I do have a bunch of upcoming projects and swaps...but I WOULD swap art for something of equal value/effort/talent from my wists... I have painted Starry Night before; see:

It's a watercolor piece (one of my only watercolor pieces, I am an acrylic painter mostly)  8 1/2" by 11" on watercolor paper. I usually use it to show clients that I can paint anything they want, but I would trade for it (or paint another one on canvas)...  The pics don't do it justice, of course...the details on this one are crisp and lovely.  It is ready to be framed!  Right now it just gets a place of 'honor' in my portfolio in a plastic sleeve!

I should've done this for the mini challenge, instead of the Mona Lisa; I am much better with abstracts and landscapes than portraits!  I didn't want to have ANOTHER Starry Night on here though; since the melted beads last month and all.  Oh well, tell me what you think!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006 07:53:03 AM by OriginalYouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

novastarlet

Plastic Rodeo Queen

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2006 07:17:26 AM »

Shocked

[utterly speechless]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website  :  Flickr  :  Wist
titancia

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2006 09:16:40 AM »

That is gorgeous!! I looked at your wists and I can definitely make something off of their. If I can't, my sister can, since she sews and I don't, so it's all good! Smiley If you want to wait a while before swapping with me since you have so much going, I'm okay with waiting as well. Just let me know when you're ready. I dont' want you overwhelmed or anything. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OriginalYouth

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2006 11:02:03 PM »

That is gorgeous!! I looked at your wists and I can definitely make something off of their. If I can't, my sister can, since she sews and I don't, so it's all good! Smiley If you want to wait a while before swapping with me since you have so much going, I'm okay with waiting as well. Just let me know when you're ready. I dont' want you overwhelmed or anything. Smiley

Maybe the beginning of September.  Thanks!  We could even request each other for the next Instant Swap!  OR both join the ongoing wists one.  I would prefer to do it formally since I am new to this swap thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

titancia

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2006 11:04:24 PM »

That sounds good to me!! My sister said she's not capable of sewing wallets, she's never tried, so maybe I'll stick with the jewelry aspect if it's okay? I don't want your fabric to get ruined. (Don't get me wrong, my sister sews awesome, she's just never tried a wallet before, although she's made tons of purses. I should suck it up and try my hand at sewing some time!)

I'd prefer to do it formally as well--I'm doing a personal swap and that's the only experience I've had with swapping on her so far, though I did it many times on nervousness.org in it's heyday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fresh Green Bean Recipes
Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese Recipe
Shrimp and Grits Recipe
Discover Artisan Kettle-Cooked Popcorn
Lemon Blueberry Pancake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...