A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Razor cami help please!!  (Read 402 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

myclouds
« on: August 04, 2006 12:02:36 PM »

Okay I have knit the razor cami to about 16". I'm at the part where you divide the armpit, and I am totally confused. I tried to do it, but then it seemed like I was knitting backwards and it was messed up. Could someone who has knit this just explain this part to me in more detail? Or even with pictures??  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitty824
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006 12:52:26 PM »

it's been a while since I made mine, but basically, all you're doing is putting the stitches for the back of the top on a holder (or scrap yarn or whatever), and continuing to work the front section up higher.  I was also confused about what the divide section would look like -- basically the front section is a few inches higher than the back section -- somehow it works out ok.  see if you can see what I mean in the photo of mine below. (you can sort of see that the ribbing at the top of the back portion just ends under my armpit.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
elijor
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006 12:59:39 PM »

I haven't knit it but I would say that once you seperate off the back stitches you are no longer knitting in the round. Because of that change when it says continue in pattern you would change round (row) 2 to purl.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
myclouds
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006 01:41:59 PM »

it's been a while since I made mine, but basically, all you're doing is putting the stitches for the back of the top on a holder (or scrap yarn or whatever), and continuing to work the front section up higher.  I was also confused about what the divide section would look like -- basically the front section is a few inches higher than the back section -- somehow it works out ok.  see if you can see what I mean in the photo of mine below. (you can sort of see that the ribbing at the top of the back portion just ends under my armpit.)

what I am confused about is continuing the front. Because there will be a wrong side now, how do I knit that? I got confused when in came to psso. I switched the knits to purls for the wrong side. Then when I did the psso (which was wrong) the slipped stitch was going in the opposite direction.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elijor
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006 03:48:54 PM »

on the "wrong side" you will be doing what she calls [round 2] which is only knit the whole way - so you should be changing that [round - which is really a row] to all purls.

Then when I did the psso (which was wrong) the slipped stitch was going in the opposite direction.

Round 1 - which is the pattern row does not get changed so the psso should only be happening on the right side.

So you are knitting round 1 then round 2 -
You get to 16 inches.
On your next round 1 - knit 78 stitches in pattern
         Put the remaining 78 stitches on a stitch holder or scrap yarn to hold for later.
Turn the work (you are now on the wrong side)
Purl those same 78 stitches
Turn the work (now on the right side)
Knit those same 78 stitches in pattern
Repeat for 3.5 inches
BO

Hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Picks For Best Flat Irons
Hair Tips: How To Pull Of A Faux Bob
How to Make Your Blowout Last
Summer Hair Trend: Sun Kissed Hair Color
How to Do a Hair Knot
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...