A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 305,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Detroit Rock City tank top, Afi tank top and NIN SHIRT UPDATE! FINISHED! 14/8/06  (Read 3305 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

life_of_infamy56
Janet! Dr.Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky!

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2006 08:56:23 AM »

after getting extremely satisying results on my bright eyes shirt (*cough* http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=110408.0 *cough*), the stencilling fire has been rekindled.
this is the first thing I've ever done as a custom order for someone else. and just to clarify, no, I don't listen to AFI. their oldoldold stuff rocks my socks, but anything after black sails is just.. no. *shudders thinking about miss murder*

front.

closeup. stencilling on ribbed shirts is a bitch.

this is on the back under the collar.

and little birdies on the back bottom hem.

this top was done on impulse a while ago and I'm a bit iffy about it. if any of you lovely ladies (or lovely boys) can help out and tell me your opinion on whether it's wearable or not, I'd appreciate it. I think it's pretty cool, but at the same time.. I dunno.

ahem.. ignore the lacy underwear and sweatpants please...

and last but defiently not least, this is what I've done so far on my nine inch nails shirt. I'm only posting unfinished pics because I'm so excited about this shirt.

a very crappy photo to show placement. see those faint black lines? yeah, that's it.

cutting this was horrible but so, so worth it. OMG LOOK AT THE PIXELS!!!11eleventyone

New pics of the NIN shirt in all its completed glory found on page 2.

that's all. comments make me happy, so comment please! =]
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006 01:53:45 PM by life_of_infamy56 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The sky is blue and righteous in every direction. The sun is total and burning and just there in front. We're on top of the clouds and this is a beautiful day forever. -Chuck Palahniuk, Survivor
serenityinsleep
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006 09:35:17 AM »

That tank top is very wearable. And very cool.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SoulMeetsBody
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006 09:46:50 AM »

I think the tank top looks just fine and I like it a lot! Is it a quote from something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
life_of_infamy56

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006 10:12:02 AM »

thanks, guys!

SoulMeetsBody, it's a quote from the movie Detroit Rock City. It's about 4 rocker stoner teen guys that are desperate to see a Kiss concert. the part that I quoted is when they pick up a disco chick that ditched her greasy boyfriend after he picked a fight with them and lost. she's sitting in their car and Lex is hitting on her.
him: "your clothes may say disco but your eyes say rock and roll".
her: "well your belt buckle may say rock and roll but your breath says pepperoni".
=D
watch the movie, it's the funniest thing ever. it's one of my absolute favourites.

here's Jam(the main character)'s speech when he's at the concert and his crazy conservative mom is protesting Kiss, copy-pasted from IMDb:
Jam: Hey what's up mom? I'm gonna ask you this nicely first. Can i have my drumsticks back?
Mrs. Bruce: Your drumsticks are the least of your worries young man. You ran out on God! My son just ran out on God! You are in a world of...
Jam: TROUBLE! I've been in trouble for the past 12 hours! HELLO? You know I'm going to be in St. Bernards Boarding School for the next 2 years. I'm gonna be out of your hair until I'm a legal adult! And then all YOU have to do is is light a candle, pray to some stupid little statue for me and all is forgiven and forgotten, right mom? Then you can spend your days in a guilt free pursuit of more constructive activities like telling people how screwed up their lives are. And then you no longer need the patience and understanding required to talk to your own son on some normal plain. And then that way you don't have to think about how tough it was for you when you were growing up and its a good thing too cause if you did, you'd realize what a lousy, goddam shitty-ass parent you are.
Mrs. Bruce: Jeremiah what has gotten into you?
Jam: I JUST LOST MY VIRGINITY IN A CONFESSIONAL BOOTH! LORD HAVE MERCY! Now for the last time, Mom, give me back my fucking drumsticks... please.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The sky is blue and righteous in every direction. The sun is total and burning and just there in front. We're on top of the clouds and this is a beautiful day forever. -Chuck Palahniuk, Survivor
nix kisses
mischief maker

like butterflies in the Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006 11:42:45 AM »

^ HA I love that speech in Detroit Rock City!! great movie  Cheesy

I think it's a rad shirt! and the AFI one too. Ribbing is a nightmare and it looks like you did a great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panic_paizlee

Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006 08:42:46 PM »

The pink one is really cute!!

-Paizlee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm waking up again and see that war on screen again
And it makes me want to go and hide
This world is full of misery, the anger is too big to see
That's why I had to dream this dream
'Ochrasy'
By your new favorite band: www.mando-diao.com
narcoleptik brunette
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006 09:56:27 PM »

kay, I officially love the pink n black tank. It looks complicated, how long did it take you? It seems worth it though. meh, good job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
life_of_infamy56

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006 09:02:30 AM »

thaks everyone =]

kay, I officially love the pink n black tank. It looks complicated, how long did it take you? It seems worth it though. meh, good job.

for that one, I just took a pink tank top that I had no intention of wearing in it's current form (TOO pink >.<) and these letter tile things for little kids to learn to write with, they're like little plastic rectangles with the letter cut out of them. I used fabric paint for the letters because the spray paint bled horribly (ribbed shirts = NOT good to spray paint on) so the spray paint was just for the decoratiing spatters and overspray around the tiles. you can see how bad the bleeding was on the 'u' in 'your'. since the letters like p, o, q, etc were just a big hole, I took a little star off an old pair of earrings and put that in the middle when I painted them, and the stars before and after the text were the random decoration things made of something flexible and shiny from ikea (I got a bag filled with those stars in different sizes, feathers, raffia, etc. form the as is section for like 50 cents. I try not to ask questions.) also, spray adhesive is your best friend. it probably took a few hours, casue I'm a perfectionist and every paint spatter has to look just right.

/lecture Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strutter
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006 09:10:54 AM »

AFI is an awesome band. Great job on the stenciling (for all clothing). DRC is an kick ass movie.

I really likethe end of the movie where Trip says, \"Hey, those are the guys that beat us up...\" (something like that)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006 09:15:19 AM by veganxwater » THIS ROCKS   Logged

life_of_infamy56

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006 11:02:52 AM »

AFI is an awesome band. Great job on the stenciling (for all clothing). DRC is an kick ass movie.

I really likethe end of the movie where Trip says, \"Hey, those are the guys that beat us up...\" (something like that)

thanks. I love that part too! it's damn inspiring, how things can work out perfectly at the last moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Carla Kokoszka: Fashion Maven Mommy
Arielle Thibodeaux: Beauty By Arielle
Cara Brook: Maskcara
Ashley Weatherford: August Skin
Faith McGee: Makeup For Last Night
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...