A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stenciled tin-lunchbox and belts  (Read 868 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frannie
« on: October 09, 2006 11:24:23 AM »

I'm gonna combine these two projects into one thread, and I hope there isn't a thread on this already.. I searched for it, but couldn't find anything..  Cause I haven't made very many posts yet, it'll only let me post links to the pictures. Sorry!

The first project is two belts I made for me and a friend. I made the design in photoshop, printed it out, cut out the design using an exacto-knife, taped it on and then used spray paint. It was surprisingly easy, and after about 2 years later they'e still holding up pretty well, they just look a bit worn-in and loved..

The second project is a tin lunchbox I made for a friend's birthday. I bought a plain tin lunchbox at Michael's (the craft store, about $10). Same process except this time I used that sticky book-cover stuff (can buy it at Michael's or Staples), it's adhesive, clear and comes in a roll. It sticks to the surface of the lunchbox better and stayed in place during the 2 coatings of spraypaint I had to use. I also used special spraypaint for metal. Overall, it turned out pretty well.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011 04:35:46 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
chocciekid
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006 01:18:45 PM »

I <3 the belts. The lightning bolts are super cute. I want a lunchbox like that !
THIS ROCKS   Logged
owl be there
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006 02:46:13 PM »

*sigh* i alwasy wanted a tin lunch box.  those clothy ones just never work for me. they always end up smelling like spilled food.  right now im just using a plastic bag...i didnt know they had tin lunchboxes at michaels though! ive looked everywhere lol..anwyay i love your stuff and i wana check out michaels for lunchboxes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Give Your Hair Volume
DIY Leave-In Conditioner
How To Achieve Bouncy Waves with Cesar Ramirez
Get a Diane Kruger Braided Updo Hair Style
How to Style a Cheryl Cole Updo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...