A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Million Square Quilt Swap - Round 2; Signups CLOSED!; Sendout 9/30  (Read 10243 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Whiskey
Crafts fueled by Whiskey

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2006 09:47:29 AM »

Swap name: "Million Square" Quilt Swap - Round 2
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Whiskey
Sign-ups:  8/3-8/26/06
Sendout Date:  9/30/06

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No

Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes

All ages allowed? Or 18+? Yes, just ask the parental units first.

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:
This swap was inspired by kitty1256's quilt seen here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=93968.0
What we will be doing is swapping 1.5 inch squares to hopefully get us started and on our way to one of these fun quilts! You will be swapping with everyone that participates so be prepared to send to more than one address. Each person will cut out squares to send to each swapper. The number of squares you send, will depend upon each swapper's preferences. Only send what the other swapper is willing to send. Even if you want to swap 40, but they only want to send 20. So you send 20. Hope that makes sense.  Please fill out the questionnaire and PM it back to me. Keep in mind, you may or may not receive fabrics exactly matching your preferences as some people might be cleaning out their scrap bin. But that's what's fun about this quilt, it's all over the place!
Also please make sure you only send 100% cotton. No silks, polyester, etc. Also, please try to send a variety of fabric. You don't have to send 20 different squares of fabric, but make the colors a little mixed.

Once you have everyone's info, please keep in communication with each other. There will be alot of packages getting sent out so communication is key! PM me when you send, and when you receive. Because of the large number of packages you will be sending, DC's will be too expensive. BUT, I do want you to get a receipt when you mail. If something happens and a package gets lost, this will be your proof you sent.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:  Million Square Quilt Swap - Round 2
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?:  You must for this swap as you are sending to everyone!
Favorite colors:
Colors you dislike:
How many squares are you willing to send per person(in increments of 20):

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

APPROVED SWAPPERS/# OF SQUARES WILLING TO SEND:

Whiskey (60)
Ezri_b (60)
CharlieBrown (60)
ctgirl (60)
katxena (60)
ibmomof2 (60)
xladyluckx (60)
simply (60)
iloveoctopus (60)
beesting (60)
Cotneyroo (60)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006 12:19:42 PM by Whiskey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006 12:03:39 PM »

I signed up! I definitely need more squares!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

charliebrown

Babies are for lickin'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006 01:14:46 PM »

I am signing up to. I will send you my info soon. How many squares are we doing this round? Only 40 again or more? I need lots of these squares!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whiskey
Crafts fueled by Whiskey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006 01:59:18 PM »

I am signing up to. I will send you my info soon. How many squares are we doing this round? Only 40 again or more? I need lots of these squares!!!

You can put as many squares as you want in increments of 20...it will be between you and your partner how many you send.  I am in the same boat about needing a lot of these squares.

If there is enough continuing interest I am thinking of hosting this swap every other month...that way it will give me time to work on my quilt in between that!

Whit
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006 09:39:00 AM by Whiskey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitty1256
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006 09:06:28 PM »

You can put as many squares as you want in increments of 60...it will be between you and your partner how many you send.  I am in the same boat about needing a lot of these squares.

If there is enough continuing interest I am thinking of hosting this swap every other month...that way it will give me time to work on my quilt in between that!

Whit

are you doing incriments of 60 or incriments of 20?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

libbybee
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006 12:29:13 AM »

How many people did this swop last time?  Am just wondering how many squares in total (and how busy I'll be with the rotary cutter!) I'll need to send out?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read my blog at www.florencesattic.typepad.com, or come visit my quilting zine at www.thequarterinch.wordpress.com
charliebrown

Babies are for lickin'

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006 12:32:16 AM »

I am thinking we sent to 14 people each in round 1.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LisaMRose
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006 08:04:01 PM »

Wow, I would actually love to do this but am doing my first swap already... Maybe next time. That will give me extra time to cut, heh. Smiley

Edit: I asked a silly question, ha.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006 08:06:56 PM by LisaMRose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lisa M. Rose
Ezri_B
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006 05:41:48 AM »

See I put that I would swap 40 or if not many people 60. I could probably do more, I just would rather go on the cautious side. We did send to 14 people last time, and I think nearly everyone sent pretty much right away, (myself included). So really I'll send whatever everyone else wants to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whiskey
Crafts fueled by Whiskey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006 09:38:38 AM »

are you doing incriments of 60 or incriments of 20?

Wow, that is a huge typo...thanks for letting me know!  We will be swapping in increments of 20.  I have updated that post to reflect that.

Whit
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Decorate Hand Blown Glass
Basic Pipe Blowing Skills
Tools for Glass Blowing
Glass Blowing Tricks and Techniques
Glass Blowing Safety
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...