A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
412 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sci fi kal  (Read 4119 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vinny
« on: August 02, 2006 08:15:56 PM »

Hey everyone, i opened a Sci-Fi knitalong blog, anyone want to join me?  Im doing Jayne Cobbs hat, or a version of it, but I have visions of sci fi themed bags and fair isle..  It's an open ended kal group blog thingamajig, do what you want as long as its sci-fi, thought it might be good to share ideas.  I also opened a webring attached to the blog for knitting sci fi fans..

Anyway, come and join in and together we can rule the galaxy as knitter and son..  or something.  Wink

Sci-Fi KAL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Laneknees
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006 07:32:32 AM »

Does it have to be something actually depicted in a sci-fi book/show/movie

or can we just be like 'OOO that looks futuristic" :p

either way, I'll join, but I guess it depends on sooner or later XD

Right now I'm working on this >http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=52700.0

It's not sci fi >_> but it could look futuristic Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swords and needles, they all make me happy

I will knit/crochet for sewed goods!

Yes, I now I have a blogggg

http://laneknees.blogspot.com/

Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/laneknees

DEVIANT ART!
http://www.slaymaker.deviantart.com
vinny
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006 11:08:24 AM »

That top is lush, I hadnt seen it yet.

The group is flexible - I think futuristic counts!  I set it up really coz i like sci fi and i like knitting and i think it might be quite fun to combine the two, and thought maybe some others might be up for it. It would be nice to have some people to bounce ideas off, think of the best techniques or alterations to use for specific projects, design some things between us.  I'd be happy for the 'sci-fi' to be a bit flexible too - extending into horror and fantasy, and definitely superhero comics Grin  If anyone fancied doing, say, Freddy Kreugers jumper or a knitted gelfling puppet, Id think it counted. 

If anyone thinks they know of any patterns or charts I can add to the list please let me know!  If other people join (and I guess I'll have to wait and see..) I might put up an ideas list as well, so as suggestions or ideas come in we can keep track and hopefully between us tackle some of them.

I have some ideas Id like to try - I think it would be cool to, say, have regular themes based on a particular movie or a director.  And members could join in or not as they please, or make something entirely different yet sci fi related.

What do you think?  Maybe I'm just a total geek...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Glaistig
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006 11:41:36 AM »

A Scifi KAL is so cool!!

I'm trying to finish up a Fake-a-Gamo or I'd join immediately. Love your links on the side and the star background on the blog is stunning (I've got a galaxy on my blog banner Smiley )

I'm a major sci-fi and fantasy fan. Lately, I've been tossing around the idea of trying to create a mini- knitted corset inspired by the mysterious voodoo priestess Tia Dalma from the new Pirates movie (fantasy). . . .

Blue Alvarez has a funky & free Wrath of Khan shrug pattern at http://www.bluealvarez.com/bluealva/patterns/khan.html (In my best overacting Capt. Kirk voice: "Kha-a-a-a-n!!!")
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vinny
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006 12:03:10 PM »

thats a strange looking garment!  i love the licorice jumper from her patterns..

join the kal blog anyway - i envisage it as somewhere to share ideas as well as post photos.  maybe we'll find an idea we like and we'll come up with a pattern together, who knows. Tongue

Thinking about it, I do very much like the trek jumpers from the original series, they're a flattering shape and colours (and uhuras dress is sooo lush), i quite fancy a jumper based on those.  or a stripey jumper inspired by Beetlejuice..  or a sleeveless cardigan inspired by Leias Hoth outfit..  see I reckon there's a million ideas we could have and if we even do a couple of them the world would be a happier place Grin

id also like to put some superhero charts together - wonder woman, superman, spiderman, flash gordon..

id just really like some like minded souls for company!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crnaofca
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006 12:38:20 PM »

A Scifi KAL is so cool!!
Blue Alvarez has a funky & free Wrath of Khan shrug pattern at http://www.bluealvarez.com/bluealva/patterns/khan.html (In my best overacting Capt. Kirk voice: "Kha-a-a-a-n!!!")

i just wanted to suggest that pattern, i love it! i made one, and everybody likes it, i might make another, this time with that ribbing on the back:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy.
~~~~~~
Will knit for PJ pants:) PM me:)
~~~~~~
Anyone interested in swapping Steve Jackson's "Munchkin" custom cards?
princess76
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006 04:45:16 PM »

Ooh, a knitted Star Trek Sweater!  That would be so cool.  I love Spock.  I think I'd make a blue one, and wear it around the house proudly. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vinny
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006 04:21:59 AM »

THIS ROCKS   Logged
vinny
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006 04:22:56 AM »

I quite like the neck part of the nurse's top above.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Glaistig
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006 06:35:37 AM »

I quite like the neck part of the nurse's top above.

I do too! Very 60s mod. I've always thought that the standing neckline on the Eternal Embrace shrug is kind of space age mod. 

I will be signing up this weekend! I need to find a fitting representative pic and figure out what I'll do. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Helen Perelman Talks About Candy Fairies
Jackie Collins Reveals Her Favorite TV Show
Jeffrey Ross Talks About I Only Roast the Ones I Love
John Carter Cash Reveals His Favorite Music
Courtney Sheinmel Reveals Her Favorite Movie
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...