A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,827
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: August 2006 Birthday Month Swap--moved to CLOSED SWAPs  (Read 12226 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2006 03:55:58 PM »

My birthday is August 8th.  I'll be 19! 

My wishlist:

1. A messanger bag for school.  I am a university student, and therefore have very heavy books.  I've been using the same bag since the tenth grade, and am afraid the bottom is going to rip out any day now, lol.

2. Any sort of purse or tote.  I love bags but never seem to buy/make them. danfreek22, I'm ridiculously excited about this!!!

3. A handmade journal.  Or handpainted journal.  Or any sort of journal, really Smiley

4.  Jewelry.  I have sensitive skin though, so non-precious metals give me a rash.  If you make me something, just let me know what it's made out of, because I can always cover it with clear nail polish Smiley

5. Any sorts of bath and body products.  I love vanilla, lavender and minty scents.

6. Knitting needles and instructions on how to knit!  I'd really like to learn. Thanks Avril222, I'm looking forward to receiving this! Cheesy

7. A wallet.  Mine is 938745435 years old and falling apart.

8. Any neat shoes size US 6.5.

9. Any neat dorm decorations, preferably with a '50s retro theme.

10.  Funny shirts.  I really like the tees at threadless, so that kinda gives you an idea of my tastes.

11.  Neat little notecards.

12.  Something to keep my beads organized in.

13.  Craft supplies - vintage or vintage inspired buttons or old jewelry.

14.  A SLEEP MASK - I've had a hard time falling to sleep lately, most specifically because my windows don't seem to block out the moon/streelights very much.  A sleep mask would be wonderful.

My name is Summer, and I am a sophomore at Appalachian State University.  This means I get to go to school only 15 minutes away from the Blue Ridge Parkway, which I find to be very spectactular Smiley  I am currently majoring in English with an emphasis on Creative Writing, and I love it.  I love clothes and sewing (though I'm not very good at it... getting better though!).  I also really like painting and am currently getting very into making jewelry, particularly with vintage buttons.  I wear a size small (or US 4) top.

My wist - http://www.wists.com/gogosummer

Colors: My favorite is green, but I'm a fan of most saturated colors.  I don't really care for pastels though.

Likes:  Vintage/retro themed items, journals, bright colors, stars, plaid and argyle, knee socks, vertical stripes,  scarves, indie rock, pirates, animals (particularly the majestic hippopatomus and squids), various sea creatures, the beach, and sunflowers

Dislikes:  pastel colors, rhinestones, too much glitter, and clothes that say "Princess" or "hottie" or stuff like that.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2006 03:28:57 PM by summerthyme » THIS ROCKS   Logged

summerthyme.net! bloggy goodness!
Open to personal swaps!  PM me if you like sunshine, paint, and happy!
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2006 06:18:03 PM »

Hello! I'm Bristol, I live in Michigan. My birthday is August 28th and I'll be 24.

This is my wishlist:

- anything gothy- jewelry, hair stuff ( I have really long hair)
- Shirts- size xl
- The Chicken Viking Hat! I wish I knew how to knit....
- tote bags or big purses
- I like anything that smells like lavender
- anything on my wists   http://www.wists.com/ravenoushair
- and of course suprises! Thanks Gougeaway! I can't wait to see what you send!
- recipe book- like a bound journal type thing to hold recipes.
- a quote book- a bound book to hold interesting quotes

- I have a black cat, Lucifera, so anything for her would be nice.

My favorite colors are black, dark red, any dark jewel tone color. I like bats, black cats and koalas. I read a lot. I love horror and vampire movies. I love the Hannibal Lecter movies!

Thank you for looking at my list!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006 03:46:24 PM by SlyGrimalkin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gotta Love Me Cuz I'm Famous!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2006 07:19:15 PM »

Hello!  I'm Gen from New Jersey.  My b-day is the 29th and I'll be turning 18...finally.  Also, I'm leaving for college the 26th, so if you're crafting for me, and you don't think the package will get to me by then, contact me for my college address.

1)  I have a wist, and anything from there or inspired by it would be wonderful.  The link is in my signature.
2)  FLAIR!  In English, pins and buttons I can but on my vest for work.
3)  Any cute fabric.
4)  A bag strong enough to carry my books for college.
5)  A pair of knee high socks (if possible, striped teal, purple, and grey?  pretty please?)
6)  A shirt with one of the following people (And don't be heartbroken if I want to recon. it.  I do that with some t-shirt):  Billy Joel, Jim Morrison, Anne Hathaway, Sarah Michelle Gellar, or James Marsters (Spike from Buffy).
7)  My difficult wish:  A shirt with a picture of Alice (from Alice in Wonderland, the movie version) touching the lake, and the quote "And it would be a wonderland" under it.
8 )  I just got a new haircut and am in desperate need of hair clips and cute bobby pins.
9)  A Mr. Dangly (there's a link to the pattern on my wist)  I love the little guy!  I'm trying to get an army of them so they can take over the world.
10)  Anything to decorate my dorm.  My theme is Alice in Wonderland (I got Alice bedsheets and a comforter), so really, anything you can think of that won't really bother my roommate (like a mushroom that 50 feet wide and will wipe out her bed or something)
11)  I'm going to Mansfield University, and I was hoping to get a knit hat with earflaps with Mansfield on it in my school colors (red, black, and white).
12)  Any knit hat with earflaps (no kitty ears, please!)
13)  Paper, and possibly a nice place to put it to keep it looking nice (like a cool folder, maybe?)  I got an awesome kit to make my own stationary, so I want to do a whole bunch.
14)  Something to cheer me up on my birthday.  Classes start on my birthday, and it depresses me.  I want a box with things in it to cheer me up what I can't open until my birthday. 
15)  My b/f always needs t-shirts.  He's a size 3x, and he's quite a funny guy.  Any fat jokes would be good, but if you have just a funny quote, that would be cool, too.  Or, if you could make him a Mega Man shirt with something rediculous, that would be great, too.  Or a shirt the relates to him needing theropy because his g/f is always on craftster!
16)  White wool yarn.  I got a wool dying kit and want to dye more yarn.
17)  A learn to spin yarn kit.  That would be great!
18)  Felted soap.  I don't like anything flavored orange, grape, coconut, or lavander.
19)  A learn to felt soap kit.   Grin
20)  Homemade lipbalm or  lip gloss.  I'd like something fruity, but not orange or grape.
21)  A cute cuff or bracelet.
22)  Your specialty if you think it's something I'll enjoy
23)  A pair of post earrings.  I can't wear hooks until Jan.  Thanks, Cookies!
25)  Patches!  I have a patch collection
26)  Acrylic/ Fabric paint, and maybe some textile median?  I realize my collection of paint is limited to green, purple, red, orange, blue and yellow.  Yeah, no PINK!  but I can make pink... whatever.  I need some crazy shades of paint.
27)  Something to hold this paint in, along with my paintbrushes.
28)  A "I hate Walmart" shirt.  If you put a list of reasons why you personally hate Walmart (even if you shop there.  I work there and love to buy things there, but they piss me off so bad!), that would be histerical!
29)  Any shirt with a funny quote on it. 
30)  Handpuppets... I love handpuppets!
and 31)....

A SURPRISE!  I love surprises

Ok, so about me.  I'm 17 going on 18, and I live in Jersey.

Likes:  Teal, Teal/Purple combo, Teal/purple/grey combo, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, the 60's or anything 60's inspired, anything from the Victorian-era-ish, butterflies, fish, dancing with myself, Outlaw Star, Billy Joel, The Doors, Pearl Jam, Lifehouse, and running with scissors
Dislikes:  The colors pink, orange, and yellow, anything that resembles or smells like poop, 26 year old males trying to get in my pants, especially now that I'm going to be 18 and am going to college (GROSS!), Walmart for making no sense, Uncle Rico ruining all of our lives and eating all of our steak, dancing with myself, diet soda, and anything in bad taste.
Sizes:  T-shirts and wifebeaters - L.  ANy other kind of shirt - XL.  Shoe - 11 womens, 10 mens.  Wrist - 7.25 in.
I do like other colors besides Teal, Purple, and Grey, in case you made something and it matches with what I wished for, but it's not in my favorite colors.  I just don't like pink, orange, or yellow.  I'm easy going.  I'm going to college to take up space (I'm going undecided).  Any other questions, don't be afraid to PM me.  I can't eat you through the computer, unfortunatly. 

And Thank you in advanced for picking me!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006 03:14:11 PM by TheWorldFamous » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2006 03:55:11 PM »

Hey all!  It's about time I posted my list, so here I go.  My birthday is August 26th and I'll be 27.

DIY Kits
- Marble magnet kit
- Kanzashi flower kit (cherry blossom?)
- Microscope slide jewelry kit (I already have a solder iron)
- Shrinkie Dink kit
- Crochet granny square kit
- T-shirt stencling kit

Craft Supplies
- Handspun yarn in bright colors
- Knitting needles or crochet hooks embelleshed on the ends
- Funky stitch markers Thank you danderson!  You rock my world Smiley
- A sewing box ( I just started sewing again, and this box from my 4-H days is falling apart)
- anything that will help me sew in a straight line
- funky pin cushions
- Hello kitty or pet related patterns and books

Jewelry (necklaces, pendants, earings, bracelets, pins)
- made from transistors, ram, electronics, like electronics Thanks subdefective!  I am sssssOOOOOOoooo excited and you are ssssssOOOOOOoooo awesome Smiley
- Cherry blossom jewelry
- Skulls
- typewriter or scrabble jewelry

Miscellaneous Crafty Stuff
- Some snazzy headbands in retro inspired fabric (check the wists), large enough to cover my heeuuuge irish head
- An apron, so I can get my cook on in style
- Anything with the Sublime stitching dachshunds on it
- Anything for my two mini doxies, Sybil and Ruby
- Any Chicago related crafts (I'm a recent transplant and a cubs fan, sorta)
- Anything girly geek chic

And of course.... A SURPRISE!!! I Loooove surprises Smiley

So who wants all this stuff anyway?
Hello!  I'm a girl of many interests, but by day I get paid by being a technology manager at a non-profit where I live in Chicago, IL.  By night, I'm a grad student at DePaul University, majoring in Information Systems.  When I'm not doing that stuff, I spend much of my time with my partner, Tom and my two precious doggies, Sybil and Ruby, mostly walking up and down the stairs of our 3rd floor walkup on the northside (Lincoln square REPRESENT!). I'm always looking for ways to combine my extreme geekiness, feminist and liberal political leanings.  I like cool pastel colors but Pink is my favorite.  As a woman in a male dominated field, pink is a very empowering color for me and I wear it almost daily.  I also enjoy 50's kitsch, japanese patterns, cherry blossoms, skulls, mod, hello kitty, anime, video games, math, things in binary, building networks, writing code, troubleshooting servers, open source, my pink Ipod, organic, fair-trade coffee from independant coffee houses, microbrew and belgian beer, scotch, a good martini, indie music and film, obscure movie references, and other things that do not suck.  I do not like 'the man' or the establishment, brown, orange, harvest gold, avacado (the color), hair in my face, housework, Kountry Krafts, narrow minds, and talking about myself.

Happy birthday to all of us August kids, and thanks for reading my self-aggrandizing post.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006 07:42:15 AM by KristyGuna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists!

<Insert insightful, meaningful or funny quote here>

I do personal swaps!  PM me for info.
marmalade bombs

professional heartbreakers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2006 07:35:01 PM »

Hi! I'm Christina and my birthday was August 3rd. I turned 24, sadly enough...so if you want to send me wrinkle cream and Depends, that would be much appreciated. I am obsessed with the following items:

+ A hot pink felted squid or octopus (or red and baby pink) or an amigurumi one if there's a pattern!
+ i saw this really cute knitted R2D2 beanie on here (i'll post a link later) and my husband and i collect star wars
+ weird fabric, retro fabric, cool graphic fabric (i like almost anything from alexander henry btw)
+ pencil skirt! like the ones that zombie kitten makes! pm for sizing info.
+ zip hoodie made from a thrift store tee shirt (long sleeves though...it's gonna get cold eventually!)
+ anything traditional tattoo related like a plaque, painting, necklace, patch etc
+ a socktopus! or if you're ambitious, a sweatertopus.
+ knitted pincusion of some kind. cupcake, sushi, etc thanks, moonlightbliss33!
+ cute hair clips but no bobby pins because my hair is very fine and they won't stay in
+ anything made of obnoxiously bright oilcloth, like a checkbook cover or makeup bag
+ cloth pads (they need to be long because i'll be using them to sleep in only. sleeping w/ tampon=BAD)
+ long shot: CHICKEN VIKING HAT! i long to call down the thunder!
+ a pinstriped panel
+ surprise me!! yay! thanks, ironic!

I LIKE: robots, dinosaurs, hearts, catholic imagery, FOOD WITH FACES!!, thomas the tank engine, repeating graphic patterns, hello kitty, fire trucks, french pop, psychobilly, frankenstein, sailor tattoos, loteria, dick and jane, the art of Niagra, the art of Mitch O'Connell, hot rods
I DISLIKE: floral print, anything hippie-ish, anything with fairies, "shabby chic", lace, pastel colors, high falutin' ways, bad manners

I live in Richmond, VA (recently moved from the Tri Cities area of TN) with my heavily tattooed husband and three cats. Elvis, Lucky, and Puddin' (the cats) are fickle and won't play with anything that doesn't have catnip in it so that's why I didn't include them on my list. I am currently working at a Starbucks and will be returning to VCU in the spring to take many many crafts courses. I don't know you, but I love you.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006 12:59:16 PM by marmalade bombs » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i heart myspace!

i sew, make collages, make mix cds, make home improvements, latch hook, make jewelry, paint, and am in school for interior design. i wanna learn how to knit!
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2006 07:38:50 PM »

Hey you all!!! I hope every one is gonna have a great birthday!
um Im 15 going to be 16, on the 16th lol.  im from rogue river oregon. I like dark colors and themes. Nutin frilly and stuff. Id like anything unique and  fun. And thanks ahead of time.
Any shirt with a funny quote on it.  Size xl
Magician,fantasy or knight themes stuff
A messanger bag strong enough to carry my books for school
A handmade journal
Fingerless gloves thanks esmeralda[
A funky cuff
A cool hoodie size xxl
any Amigurumi Animals
crazy jewelry
rock and roll music
dark side stuff from star wars
An illusion scarf with  um skulls, fire, cats, and stuff
a tutu
pirate stuff
gloomy night themes
cool knitted beanie
a surprise
thanks for taking the time to read all this. And happy birthday to you august babies!!!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2006 09:56:52 AM by ironic » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Live Life Like You Want To!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2006 08:02:23 PM »

OK--I am back from vacation and getting back to the routine!!  Please PM me if the first page is not correct, or if you need addresses, etc. I appreciate everyone's patience and I can't wait to see the gallery!!

Yipee!!  The goodies are coming in--and there is still two more weeks to select, craft, or join in the fun--is this all the August babies on craftsters? C'mon, people!!

Time to celebrate a special group of babies--AUGUST!!!!!

Sew Its For You
Everyone should be a little more kind, even me.

formally known as joolz

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2006 06:45:37 AM »

Hi Craftsters!

Well my name is Julie and my b-day is August 27th.  I have decided to go backwards in years so..I will be 12 this year..HA.  I will actually be 32.  I live in Tarpon Springs, Florida with my Husband Dan.  He is from England so we love British things especially sweets and tacky london souveniers... I like to wear black a lot, not a huge fan of pink or super girly stuff.  I like to embroider things, read, listen to music, watch Project Runway...
 Anywho here is a list of things I'd like..

1. Anything off my wists
Thanks Esmerelda!!

2. cool rubber stamps ( ones that are different that what we usually find at craft stores)

3. fabric remnants

4. unique wrapping paper ( full or partial pieces(
5. maybe a book on how to sew

6. tote bag

7. anything Johnny Depp, Jason Statham, Nightmare Before X-mas, or John Cusack themed stuff

8. love Shag and pop artists ie. Warhol, Haring, Lichtenstein

9. color or black and white photos that are different

10. DIY kits

11. recipes

12. interesting books/magazines, I like to read

13. Cadbury Chocolate (even though my rear end doesn't need it)Thanks Esmerelda
14. coin purse

15. mix tape/cd-big fan of the 80's or check out my myspace to see bands I like..

16. mediums to embroider on..

17. Surprise me....

Thanks to anyone who chooses me!!  Happy b-day to us!!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006 06:28:57 PM by joolz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Live Life Like You Want To!

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2006 11:53:50 AM »

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!  Thanks to all of you awesome craftsters, each August birthday baby has been selected to receive a gift!!!

Special thanks to our non-August craftsters (may the crafting goddesses be with you!!)! and, how about a special pat on the back to our very crafty August babies that have chosen to craft for their fellow birthday pals!!?

But, remember, more than one gift can be sent, so if you are still feeling a little crafty and have not been celebrating too much this month  Wink, go ahead and keep on selecting--I am sure no one is going to say "don't send me another gift" ha ha ha

Wiccan and loving it! www.mysticauras.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2006 12:26:18 PM »

Happy Birthday to Cookies! Cool

Wiccan 4 life!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Allure Afro Tutorial Incites Outrage
Project Women Kind
Makeup, Moisturizer, Sunscreen: What Goes on First?
VF COLLECTIONS: Agua Bendita - Spring/Summer 2016 - Miami Swim Week - Runway & Designer Interview
FIRST LOOK: Babalú - Spring/Summer 2016 - Miami Swim Week
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Cupcake Party
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Needle Minder
The Legacy of Bob Ross

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...