A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: August 2006 Birthday Month Swap--moved to CLOSED SWAPs  (Read 9596 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Oops Creations
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006 07:10:56 AM »

My 26th birthday is August 3rd, not only am I turning another year older-- I'm even acting more like a grown-up.  Since hurray hurray there are now mortgages to deal with.  Yep I'm moving into "our" first house   Cheesy(although in all reality the Bank owns it).

My dear boyfriend has already remarked that unless he "get's all crafty" and makes me something I won't be getting any birthday presents. None at all.  Sniff.   Cry

So I'm reaching out to you Craftster community.

Here is my official wish list

House Stuff

1) A "Bed Caddy" This neat thing sticks under the mattress and holds remotes, books, etc., canvas would be fine.   http://www.organize-it-online.com/itm_sidekick.html
I'll have to corral all the remotes in the room to one central location.

2) My kitchen will be decorated with a Coca-Cola theme.  My boyfriend collects Coke memorabilia and I've decided to showcase his collection of vintage bottles in the kitchen.  I'd love embroidered tea towels or kitchen towels with red accents. Or surprise me

3) test tube bud vases like http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=76757.0

Just for Me

1) I'm finally getting a place to put a sewing machine in my new place and plan on teaching myself to sew.  I'd love a few books or even tutorials on basic sewing.  Materials and Supplies welcome too-- they needn't even be new.  I'd settle for old patterns and fat quarters.
Thanks in advance to Frogz for what I'm sure will be a cool sewing tutorial kit.
2) Wire cuff bracelets something like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=24646.0

3) the ever famous jordy bag- in blues, florals or a fun vintage print

4) A pin or brooch. Fleted flowers, stars or the really cool tape measure rosette .  Link goes to example http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=70126.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=22722.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=82680.msg778722#msg778722

5) Using vintage electronics to make necklaces or bracelets (I already have several earrings)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=94713.0

And surprises are welcome, of course. ...

About me--- I just moved, from a cramped, old, musty 3rd floor walk up in Cambridge Massachusetts to a split level ranch in an outer suburb of Boston.  Sure the commute is longer but darn it I have a yard and space to spread out my craft stuff.  My dear boyfriend whom I'm living with has promised me 1/2 of a room for craft stuff (the other 1/2 will be his "office").  I'll be unpacking over the next few weeks so something special just for me will brighten my day.  I also enjoy crochet, yoga, scrapbooking, cooking, antiques/vintage, geek-stuff.  I like blues, teals, greens (cool colors-- despite my astrological sign, I really don't like yellows, pinks, oranges or reds)

Thanks in advance Smiley 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006 06:18:05 AM by Oops Creations » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006 07:32:23 AM »

Happy Birthday fellow Leo Craftsters!   I hope you all have a wonderful day!  (And an extra special happy birthday to all my fellow Mass-holes -- there are a few of us in this swap!  Cheesy Go Sox!)

I just want to thank anyone in advance who is able/willing to craft for me!  I really love my birthday and it means so much to be a part of this swap!

Here is a list, rather long I know, but I wanted to give variety.  And I would like to say ahead of time that I LOVE surprises or anything that is your specialty to make!  These are just some ideas if you need them!

-An amigurumi of any kind!  (However, if you need suggestions, I love black cats (though any cats really), St. Bernards, bees, cute bugs, sea creatures, mushrooms, trees, birds, pandas, elephants, etc.) Thank you hiptobeme!!

-Fabric headbands!  I have one but would totally love more in any fun fabrics!  I like to keep my hair out of my face in the summer. Thank you susanab!!

-Panta I have a fabulous brown one that knottydottie made for me, but I would love more

-One of those belt pouch thingies that are often seen around Craftster!  My husband and I are doing a lot of walking lately, and it would be so helpful to have something like that to put our keys in, etc.

-On a similar note, a fun backpackagain to hold necessities when we are walking/hiking in the woods.  Ideally it could hold two water bottles, our keys, and our camera.

-Home made soapsthey dont have to be fancy!  I would like to make felted soaps for friends/family for Christmas, and ideally would love to have some made by fellow crafters!  (I am without any soap making skills, so this is amazing to me.)

-A funky cuff Thank you susanab!!

-I love hair stuffany hair things you can make would be amazing! 

-Stationary!  Preferably craft related as I would like to use them in my swap packages

-A full apron made from retro-ish fabric if it had a pocket that would be doubly amazing

-Stitch markers

-I am going to Hawaii in October and would LOVE anything that I could take with mea travel bag, a fun purse, anything for the beach, etc.  If it had a Hawaiian feel or retro-Hawaiian motif, that would be amazing!

-Art for my dreary cubicle wallssomething bright and crazy!

-A new wallet mine has seen better days 

-I am a sucker for fabric pouchesif they have a zipper, all the better

-Something embroidered!  Doesnt matter whatI love embroidery and love to have it around my house. 

-Crocheted slippers!  I am a size 10 (yes, I am a Sasquatch.  Thankfully not as hairy though.)

-An eye pillow with lavender or peppermint scent

-A sleeping mask!  If its funny, even better

-A journal for sketching/journaling on my walks with the hubby

-Anything from my wists

-A surprise!   Thank you hiptobeme!  I can't wait!!

Supplies/kits:

-I would absolutely love a spindle or learn to spin kit.  I know this is kind of a biggie, but it is something I would just love to try!
-Bookbinding cloth or supplies
-Wool roving for felting
-Paper, ephemera, fun doo-dads to play with, game pieces, ribbons, etc.
-A beginners sewing kit.  I am getting a sewing machine for my birthday and would love any simple patterns or ideas for things I could make! 

About me:
   I am turning 28 on Aug 7th!  Eep!  I am married to a wonderful man named Josh and we love to walk, love animals, Hawaii, and the show Lost.  We have a furball named Sonja (thus the SonjaBoo) who is our baby!  I love bright colors, any new crafts that I can become addicted to, animals, nature, the ocean, writing, the Red Sox, Bruins, St. Bernards, flowers, old post cards, Japanese motifs, and am starting to try yoga.  I love anything funny and silly, and have cast my vote for Carl the hamster for President. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006 06:53:23 AM by SonjaBoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

frogz
graphic artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006 08:16:09 AM »

Im never participated in a wish swap before, Im terribly excited.

Heres the list:

- sturdy tote for my textbooks (with a shoulder strap so I can ride my bike with it, I like the shape of this one, but it doesnt need to have the flap or anything: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=2684.0)

- any hoodie

- pillows for my apartment (in chocolate brown and either tan or spring green) I really like this style of pillow: http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=286810

- Leather cuff watch strap (kind of like these ones: http://www.oldschoolleather.com/Watchbands.htm)

- felted bead necklace (in green and blue)

- a learn to felt kit of sorts

- tofu pincushion (like this one on my wists) (not received as part of this swap) Thanks to the ottawa knitting guild who gave me the yarn so I could knit one myself (it wasn't quite a birthday gift, but it was still awesome) and thanks to Chloe is crazy who sent me a tofu as part of a different swap

- some good healthy recipies for a pseudo vegetarian (I love tofu and other "vegetarian" foods but I still eat fish and chicken)

- Rice bowls (since Im getting a rice cooker from my grandparents Smiley )

- Science plushies thanks to Avril222

- Anything science-y (especially brains/psychology and genes/microorganisms because Im studying neuroscience and microbiology)

- Anything off my wists

- I love surprises Cheesy

Other stuff about me: Im turning 19 on August 30 and live on the east coast of Canada. Im moving into an apartment and my room will be decorated in greens and browns. While Im at university (this is my 2nd year) my only mode of transportation is my bicycle) My favourite colors are blue, green and brown, but I love all colors with the exception of pink (poor pink) Im a rather small person (52), so tshirts and hoodies and the like are usually sized womens small. I have a dry sense of humour and love inanimate objects (both with and without faces) and am a sucker for stuffed animals (especially ones of the aforementioned inanimate objects) and pockets. You can check out my website (phwee.is-a-geek.org) or my wists (wists.com/frogz) to get a better idea.

As I said before, Im very ^(a lot) excited (yes, thats very to the exponent of a lot) and thank you in advance to everyone.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006 10:36:51 AM by frogz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Photography, microscopy, design, paintings - originals and commissions

http://spiltmartini.com/blog - portfolio and blog
http://spiltmartini.etsy.com - etsy store
susanab
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006 09:32:26 AM »

Hi summer babes! My birthday is August 9. The year...oh, they're all the same!  ;  )

Some of the things that I like:

--Fabric choker necklace with a cool element on it with tutorial!!

--Same as above with as a wristband

--offbeat, gothy looking plush; fun creature plush Thanks Avril! Grin

--fingerless gloves knit or crocheted in an unexpected maybe metallic color.

--Funky fabric purse with an offbeat applique or other extra piece on it. A conversation getter!

--Same as above in wallet form

--Toy-themed earrings   

--Surprise! That would be SWELL!!!

Thank you and cheers!
Susan
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006 04:56:54 PM by susanab » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.co m
Strutter
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006 09:58:56 AM »

I'm in Texas, USA
(Click on the underline)

DIY/Handmade:

Baby Blanket - For My Nephew (who will be born in october)
Handmade Stationary/Paper.
Meat Pillow - For my friend.
Painted Domino(s)

Books:

AlternaCrafts Thank you kristyguna.
D.I.Y. Design it Yourself

Misc:

Something that is Pinup on my wists. Thank you inle_rah.
Mix CD/Tape Thank you flying_babyb.
Surprise

About Me: Hello, my name is Heather and my birthday is August 20th. I will turn 15 while all my cool friends turn 16/17  Cheesy. I would like to expand and learn more exciting crafts. Im a sophmore (in highschool) and in Make a Point club at school - (activist club). I'm taking Chinese at school.

Likes: Pinups-Especially 1940's and 1950's, Piercings, Tattoos, Dyed Hair, Music, Non-Veganism/Veganism, Food, Sleep, Stripes, Stars, Pinstripe, Studded Belts, Any Kind of Fashion, Environmental-Friendly, The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, Gilmore Girls, My Name is Earl, The Office (American), Comedy, Indie Films, Documentaries, Major Films, Craftster  Grin, Laughter, All Colours, Typing, Reading, Zines, etc...

Dislikes: Meat, Horror/Scary Movies, Stress, Most of the time School, Hot Tea w/o Sugar, War, Too Much of One Colour-Except Black, Anything to Religious, etc...

PM me is you need to more.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006 06:23:52 PM by veganxwater » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006 10:10:59 AM »

Happy Birthday August babies! 

I live in Missouri, my name is Kristin, and I'll be 43 on the 19th. I'm also expecting my third child--a boy--so this is an exiting time in my life.  Smiley

Here's the list:

1. STENCILED SHIRT- I have always wanted a shirt that says "People tell me that I  have a short attention span, but they just don't underst---Oh look! A kitty!" The best  clothing colors for me are blues, darker shades of green, purple or black. The shirt does not need to be new; I understand that shirts that have been washed a number of times will hold paint better than a brand new one. I would need this to be a size large. Depending on how much bigger my belly gets between now and the  end of Sept, I might not be able to wear it right away, but will love wearing it after Ian is born.

2. A PURSE. Jordy, hobo bag, whatever you like to make. It needs to be good-sized because I'm a mom, and always end up carrying lots of stuff (Bandaids, snacks, you name it!) in addition to the regular purse items. Blue, purple and green, or any combination thereof, are my favorite colors. I'm not wild about cartoon characters or Hello Kitty-type stuff (because I'm 43--lol). It cannot be wool, because I'm allergic to it.
Other than that, any pretty print in one or more of my favorite colors would be fun---and I would really, really appreciate this!!

3.COINPURSE. Something pretty to keep my change in.

4. BEADS. Who can ever have enough beads??? Anything that is not plastic.

5. FABRIC. Bits of brocades, oriental prints, what have you. Any colors! Neat little scraps I can use to make the items in this book:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0809229099/104-5546828-9773530?v=glance&n=283155
I have the book, but not enough pretty bits of fabric to try some of these things. I am really starting to get into hand-sewing again. If you have some neat little bits of lovely fabrics leftover from your projects, I'd love to have them, for making Omiyage.  Smiley
Thanks, KristyGuna!!

6. SHRINK-ART PLASTIC. I am really wanting to work with this stuff again, and the nearest store that sells it is 60+ miles away. One of the drawbacks of living in a small town. I want to make some of those cute little shrink art pins for pincushions, and some pendants and earrings with it. I would love this!!

7. A kanzashi flower pin. Thank you SonjaBoo! I am very excited!  Grin

8. FINDINGS. I would love some pretty necklace toggles.

9. A surprise!

A little more about me--- My favorite color is turquoise; I also love blues, purples and greens, especially teal. I don't care for pastels, yellow, orange, red, or earth tones. They are fine for crafting and stuff, but I don't like to wear them. Wink
I like--cats, birds,  dragonflies, butterflies, japanese cherry blossoms, oriental things.
I don't like---Disney stuff, or cartoon character themes.

Thanks to anyone who picks me!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2006 01:30:15 PM by LaughingLark » THIS ROCKS   Logged

esmerelda

And pli, revel, chanter, boogeh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006 01:40:50 PM »

Happy Birthday, August babies!!!

I live in London, United Kingdom and it is my birthday on August 6th (Saturday!!)  I am going to be 25 - aaaaargh!  My favourite colours are blues, greens, browns, pinks & purples I hate orange and yellow with a passion, which is odd because I am a Leo!  My preferred themes are asian cultures, world religions, pirates/nautical/oceanic, dia de los muertos, forest creatures and Billy Wilder movies.  I like opera, folk music, classical and punk (favourites are Puccini, Kate Rusby, Philip Glass and Green Day, respectively) and I tend to read series of books by one author, rather than individual books from varied authors (the Discworld series, the Rumpole books, the Jeeves books, Harry Potter, Narnia, etc.).

Here's my list!

1.   Amigurumi animals, especially rabbits, frogs, cats and owls
2.   Charm bracelets
3.   Dangly earrings
4.   Non-knitted wrist cuff Thank you so much summerthyme!
5.   Diet & exercise journal although I love my curves, I need to get fit, so one of these would be cool, particularly with motivational quotes.  Please PM me for content requirements
6.   Messenger bag with pockets for phone, wallet & knitting bits n bobs, enough space for WIPs and 35cm needles, and a key leash/pocket (as I am tired of having to ferret around in the bottom of my tote bags for my keys!)
7.   Cool wooden/bamboo knitting needles fimo ends, painted, engraved, whatever.  Sizes from 2.5mm to 6.5mm
8. Ganesh shrine - we have a little Ganesh figurine from India (about 2inches square) and I think he needs a little house.

Craft supplies:
1.   Sharpies!
2.   Wool tops/roving
3.   Yarn lots and lots of lovely yarn! 
4.   Quilting fabric please see my wists ( www.wists.com/esmerelda )for ideas of fabrics I love.  I would particularly like blues, greens, pinks and creams for a quilt I intend to make one of these days.
5.   How to wet felt beaded necklace kit these are awesome and I love the ones that Jane Doe makes.
6.   How to make fabric origami ornaments kit
7.   Japanese mascot/stuffie books
8.  A surprise!

For inspiration: www.wists.com/esmerelda

Thanks in advance to anyone who picks me!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006 05:14:10 AM by esmerelda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

curlygirl51

i rock out loud

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006 04:10:17 PM »

Hello my name is sami and I live in southeast Georgia. My birthday was August 2nd and I turned 18. Wooo. So anyway im in the theater and I love music. My favorite bands are Cake, the Beatles, Abba, the Who, and Queen. My favorite musical is Hairspray. I like ska music and pandas. Also my favorite color is green any shade. So ya.. Here is my list you cool kids.

-a double light switch plate/and or up to 7 electrical outlet covers of the beatles. Cause my room is becoming yellow submarine themed
-sheer yellow curtains
-a hairspray the musical bag
-any ariguruami animal, panda preferred.
- a panda hat
-shrinky dink something, really strange
-an afghan or throw
-weird fabrics like buff men or lobster, ect
- some cool type of purse
-any thing ABBA
- something from rocky horror picture show
- any size 10 shoe revamped, I can walk in almost any type of shoe
-cool hair chopsticks
-weird earrings
-crazy jewelry
-a nice long scarf
-some kind of jewelry holder for earings and or necklaces
-funky pillows
- theater stuff like drama masks
-posters
-a surprise thanks joolz i cant wait

Thanks a bunchs
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006 04:51:46 PM by curlygirl51 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i crafted your mothers face
CaptainRiley
Dirty Pirate

Methinks it is like a woozle.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006 11:12:02 PM »

Greetings and salutations.  My name is Tala, and I'm (finally) turning 21 on August the 14th.  Woohoo!

My list is as follows:

1. DNA scarf: http://www.twosheep.com/helix is the pattern link.  I’d like it in either cream/off white or dark red.

2. Long shot: this bag , in this fabric.

3. The following Sublime Stitching pattern sets: Atomique, Under the Sea, Craftopia, Roller Derby and/or Monkey Love.

4.   A few sets of cool looking and relatively light weight hair sticks with wearing instructions, perhaps related to some of the interests/color schemes I’ve listed below this wishlist.  Dangly and sparkly things are love. 

5.  A roll up knitting needle case (straights) or crochet hook case in a cool fabric. 

6.  Soap in the following scents: lemongrass, pineapple and/or other tropical fruits (banana, mango, etc), apple, butterscotch, and/or vanilla. 

7.  Some really nice blank book(s).  Hand bound is good (though not absolutely necessary- as a bookbinder myself, I know the effort that takes), unique papers and assortments of page papers even better.  The more pages the better.

8.  I’d love a scrimshaw tall ship pendant like this -and would it be possible to put text on the back, I’ve got something in mind for that too.

9.  An embroidered-and-appliqud tank or cami like this  and maybe a hint or two for embroidering on stretchy fabric.  Even with stabilizer, I can’t get it to look good.

10.  As many of the following knitting magazines as I can get: Rebecca 27, Rebecca 28, Rowan 37, Rowan 31, Rowan 34.

11.  A collection composed of any possible combinations of the following knick-knacks: skeleton keys, mah jong blocks, cool dominos, board game pieces, silver charms, glass beads and charms, bones, pirate/skull related trinkets, cloisonne fish charms, other cloisonne bits, tiger related trinkets, Micro Machines (the really little ones I had as a kid and can’t find anywhere now- less than 1” long), interesting and unique buttons, interesting and unique dice, circuit boards, cool dollhouse miniatures, compasses, and anything else little and fiddly and interesting.  I like to make weird jewelry out of interesting and unique fiddly bits. Also, cool papers and cuttings and stickers and ephemera for artjournaling would be loved.   I’ve been sent this one once, but I could always use more weird stuff- for journaling in particular this time around.

12. Fabric from my wist, or craft supplies.  Or anything of my wist, really, but this is a craft-related swap sort of thing.

13. A simple full-to-queen-sized throw quilt in dark red and cream. Minimal padding, minimal complications- really, if you just sew two pieces of fabric together I’d love it.  I want something soft and classy I can use when my comforter is too warm.

14.  A Slytherin scarf a la http://knit.atypically.net/scarves/azkaban/pattern.shtml.  I prefer a knit tube to crochet or ribbing, for I wish it to be warm (wool/wool blends preferred) and look like a prop.  Because I’m a geek.  *is ashamed*

15.  A complete learn-to-needle-felt kit.  (Like this one.)

16. A cat pillow as seen here using this picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/ambathegreat/personal/floofy.jpg  If you’re really ambitious, I wouldn’t mind one of Mandy (who I lost this winter) too. High resolution photos available.  I also think a tiger or another animal would be cool.

17. Bracelet blanks for marble bracelets, a la http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=26346.0 

18. Any/as many as possible of the patterns seen here.  PM for size/measurements if necessary.  (The knitting patterns –excluding kits- wouldn’t even require shipping; just knowledge of my e-mail address so they can be sent to me.)  I've received some already, to my everlasting joy (thank you, kinkyknit), but there's always more.

19. A screen-printing kit.  From what I know this might be prohibitively expensive, but hey, maybe someone out there has tired of the hobby and wants to get rid of their old tools or something, or maybe it can be done much cheaper than my inexperienced little brain knows.

20. White shrink-i-dink stuff and a stack of sharpies to color them.  The more colors of the latter the better.

21. A neat and sturdy fabric wallet.  Pockets for cards/IDs, change area and space for bills preferred.

22. A suprise, of course!

About me:
My name is Tala and I’m a student at Colorado State University working towards a double major in Biology and Microbiology.  During the school year I’m an Organic Chemistry Stockroom Assistant, and during the summer I work at the Colorado Renaissance Festival.

Colors I like: red, purple, blue, black.  I’m particularly partial to red and white/cream or red and black.

Themes I like: pirates, history, science, ancient Egypt, dinosaurs, prehistoric megafauna, stars, argyle, stripes, retro pin-ups and propaganda posters (particularly WWII/Soviet propaganda), rockabilly, animals (Tiger and Binturong are favorites) all that is geeky and bookwormish, the Phoenix, Victoriana, SCUBA diving, and corsets.

I have a personal wist at www.wists.com/amba and some crafting wists at www.wists.com/corvusknitting www.wists.com/corvussewing and www.wists.com/corvuscrafts .  That’s not too relevant to the swap unless you want to get a better feel for my tastes, but if you get bored you might find some new crochet/knitting/sewing/crafty links.

Finally, you can get an idea of my tastes in fabric at www.wists.com/amba/fabric

Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006 05:58:34 PM by CaptainRiley » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cookies
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2006 01:13:55 PM »

Hey everybody!  I'm Angela, and I live in Illinois.  My birthday is August 17th, and I'm turning....30.  Here's my list.

Crafty Stuff:

-A purse or tote bag.  Pretty much any style, I love purses and bags.  Even a smaller zippered bag or coin purse would be awesome. Thanks mishmish!

-A new pendant for a necklace.  I like art glass, bottle caps, resin, stuff like that.  I usually wear pendants on a black cord, and I like to have several so I can just slip the one I'm in the mood for on the cord!

-An iPod cozy, case, whatever you call those things.  I've got a 5th generation, the one with video, so most of the cases you can buy at the stores are just a teensy bit too small.  Something sturdy/protective would be nice, but not necessary.  Would be cool if there was a place to keep the earphones too.

-Handmade soap or bath products.  Or lip balms.  I like natural stuff (oatmeal, almond, etc) or food scents (chocolate, cherry, vanilla, etc).  Just NOT peach or green apple, I really don't like those two.

-A big comfy stenciled (or otherwise decorated) teeshirt to sleep in.  I wear an XL, so a 2X or 3X would be ideal.  I can point you to some stencils online that I like, or you can just surprise me.

Crafty Supplies:

-Embroidery stuff!  I'd love more patterns - anything cute, odd, retro, etc.  Just not old lady ones.  Iron-ons are good, but photocopies or patterns/clipart that you find online and print out are great too.  I'd love to have another iron-on transfer pencil - mine is purple, and transfers as a pale pink, so I just can't see it!  Something a bit darker would be good.  I can always use embroidery thread too.  Any colors, I'd even love to have your leftovers, as long as the pieces are at least a yard long. Thanks mishmish!

-Fabric!  I'm wanting to make a patchwork baby quilt, so any cute nursery prints would be great.  Boy or girl or gender-neutral, but I'd like to stay away from licensed characters as much as possible.  Except maybe Classic Pooh.  Any other fabric that is bright, funky, interesting, etc would be welcome too, so I can make things for myself!

-This may sound dumb, but I'd love it if someone could print out some of the craft projects I've saved and send them to me.  Our printer quit, and I don't know when we'll be able to get a new one.  I can email you the files I want printed, or direct you to websites with the stuff I want...Most of it can be printed in black & white, and even if you can only do a couple pages, I'd appreciate it. Thanks jesintexas!

And Finally:

-A SURPRISE!  I love surprises.  I love pretty much anything.  Just knowing that somebody cared enough to send me something makes me feel good.  Smiley

More about me:
Like I said, I'm turning 30. I live at home, so I pretty much feel like a loser most of the time.  I have depression and anxiety and take a lot of meds for that and for other things.  I'm not married and don't even have a boyfriend.  I've got an 8 year old son, and I sort of have a cat (she lives at the cemetary that my grandpa takes care of, we needed a cat there, and I can't have a cat here at home.)
Things I LIKE: Harry Potter, cats, jellyfish, pink, red & black, black & white, 70's style things, stories about ghosts & hauntings, the Golden Girls, Law & Order, Hello Kitty, jewelry, Neopolitan ice cream colors (pink,brown, & white), anything Mexican or Asian, candy & snacks.....
Things I DON'T LIKE: naked people, offensive language (I have a child, have to be careful about things!), guns, green apple & peach (scents and flavors), tea, coffee, getting old....

I sure hope someone picks me!  But even if you don't, that's okay, I appreciate that you took the time to read my list!  Smiley  Have a great day!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006 08:33:41 PM by Cookies » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sage Flavored Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
Onion and Cheddar Cheese Cornbread Sticks Recipe
Brown Sugar and Pepper Glazed Bacon Recipe
Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole Recipe
Italian Sausage Hoagies Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...