A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 301,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sewing mannequins  (Read 1430 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kkut
« on: August 01, 2006 06:30:24 PM »

hey i was just wondering if any of you owned a sewing mannequin n which company it was from

i really want to buy one, but im not sure which to get..

i went on ebay.. theyre usually about 70-100+ so i was wondering how much you guys spent on yours and where you bought them (either online or in a store)

i also saw that the homeshopping network was selling a singer sewing mannequin and it had adjustable knobs so you can change the sizes.. so would u recommend the ones with the adjustable knobs more than the normal ones that are just one size?

thanks a lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
designer_92

Ready for the runway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006 08:13:01 PM »

i don;t have one, but i have been trying to find one. i found one on hancock's website for like 150-200. i might get that one. i've heard that wolf has good ones, but they are really expensive. good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm gonna be the next BIG american designer...
heyleslee

I can spell miscellaneous

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006 08:27:04 PM »

You can always make your own!
There are tutorials on craftster and all over the internet for making duct or paper tape dummies. Much cheaper, and will be far closer to your body shape then a purchased one.  I haven't made one yet, but it is on my to do list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JackieWhite
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006 08:30:03 PM »

My mum ordered me that one from Hancock for my birthday.  It was made by Dritz, I think.  I was hoping it would've arrived today, to go along with the sewing machine I recieved.  Hopefully it arrives soon.
It orginally cost $130, but we got $25 taken off, for some reason.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006 08:33:30 PM by JackieWhite » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SeW cUtE
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006 08:31:02 PM »

Hey I have a sewing mannequin! I bought it from Hancock Fabrics. Since I am an employee it was only $90 with my discount. My mannequin has adjustable dials and it was made by DRITZ. I love it because it is so hard finding mannequins my size. I can also adjust the size of the mannequin to fit whoever I 'm sewing for. Well I hope that was helpful.  Grin

I have the one that JackieWhite posted....
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006 08:34:09 PM by SeW cUtE » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kanhakanha
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006 12:53:35 AM »

I just ended up making a mannequin with a craftster tut. I wore a bra on the outside of a tight minimal stretch shirt while being taped. It helped keep the shell from shrinking and retain proper boob shape. Then before I cut myself out I taped some 15" metal boning to the front between my boobs down to my belly and two more on each side. This helped to keep the shape so I wouldn't overstuff and make the doll out of porportion to my own size. Then I just packed LOTS of newspapers into it. It works better if you don't wad the paper into a tight ball before jamming it in. Hope that helped. My mannequin version 2 came out really well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetz_love
SWEETZ <3 SSB

WE DONT PLAY DAT

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006 02:40:13 PM »

i have a mannequin by SINGER that i got off the internet.
it was $129.99 and its adjustable like a smaller version of the one pictured above.
i think that if you dont make one on your own then you should definately get an adjustable one because your clothes will have a better fit being that you can sdjust it to your size
good luck
THIS ROCKS   Logged

to all my lovely swap partners, if you can take pictures of the items that you send to me, just in case, that would be great! me and my digital camera dont always get along!! thanx Grin

MY WIST!!!!!!!
emt95348
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006 03:03:21 PM »

i have the same one pictured above. i really like it and i do highly recommend spending the extra money on getting one with adjustable knobs, esp. if you plan on making clothes for people other than yourself. it will save you alot of hassle. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stephanie McClellan and Beth Hamilton Wish They Had This Talent
Bob Shepherd Talks About The Infidel
Courtney Sheinmel Talks About Positively and My So-Called Family
Missing Max Book Trailer
The Deep Kiss of Winter Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...