A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,137
Currently Running With Scissors:
658 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: More stuff - a couple of skirts and a dress  (Read 2712 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SakanaSea
« on: August 01, 2006 04:18:38 PM »

Hooray, my camera is being good this time =P but the pics are bad quality anyway... I really need a new camera =/

This first skirt I made quite a while ago. It's a two-layer handkerchief skirt, with an elastic waistband. It's very light and soft and comfortable. The pink things are roses, and those white lines on it are the word "coquelicot" over and over, but I haven't got the slightest idea of what it means?

The next one is another two-layer handkerchief skirt, but this one isn't all light and floaty like the other. In fact, it's kind of tight o_O;; I LOVE this fabric!! I got it at a thrift store, but for the longest time I didn't know what to do with it. Then one day, I just started messing around and came up with this.

(I just noticed, neither of these skirts are hemmed Tongue I hate hemming! I guess it's okay though because they don't look too ragged.)

Next, one of my favourite dresses of all time ^_^ I love this fabric so much!! A good friend gave me a big bag of fabric for my birthday, and this was my favourite piece in there. I love the colours, and the pattern is really neat... sometimes I just space off staring at it for a while. I made the little black belt too.

Tell me what you think Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009 01:06:36 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. - don't mind me! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BrightEyes_PR
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006 04:41:46 PM »

There  They're supercute!!  I really like the dress, especially now that the "in" thing is belts around the waist or above.   BTW, coquelicot is some sort of flower so I suppose it's the flower you have on your fabric.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for my 360 theme!!  http://my360theme.com/theme_detail.php?id=219

I never have an idle day,
New ideas come my way.
Don't know yet what I'll create,
But my imagination's great!
SakanaSea
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006 04:53:31 PM »

There  They're supercute!!  I really like the dress, especially now that the "in" thing is belts around the waist or above.   BTW, coquelicot is some sort of flower so I suppose it's the flower you have on your fabric.  Grin

o.o Oh! Thank you! Hehe, I thought they were just roses. That's neat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life_of_infamy56
Janet! Dr.Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006 05:32:28 PM »

I lovelovelove the second skirt. you should put some black lace at the hem, it would just make it that much more fabulous. but maybe that's just me, since I adore lace. it's great as it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The sky is blue and righteous in every direction. The sun is total and burning and just there in front. We're on top of the clouds and this is a beautiful day forever. -Chuck Palahniuk, Survivor
BrightEyes_PR
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006 07:19:23 PM »

o.o Oh! Thank you! Hehe, I thought they were just roses. That's neat.

no hay problema Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for my 360 theme!!  http://my360theme.com/theme_detail.php?id=219

I never have an idle day,
New ideas come my way.
Don't know yet what I'll create,
But my imagination's great!
crushallhumans
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006 08:07:18 PM »

the skirts are cute, but the dress is my favorite... the colors and pattern are amazing! nice work on all of these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i called him a chauvinist and he asked if that was a kind of tea.
Xara
Adjective like a fox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006 03:16:22 AM »

I adore the dress! Amazing job! I love the way the skirts hang as well, just a great job all round

Coquelicot is another name for the wild poppy (and refers to the colour of them, a kind of orangey deep red)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh for god's sake! Just say goodbye - Bless This Crack House - Just what the world needs: Another Craft Blog.
loupylou
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006 08:24:23 AM »

OH MY WOOOOOOOOOOW

i want that dress!!
soooooooooooooooooooooooooo so preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'sosoososososososososososossososososossoooooooooooooooooooooo') badly
its not even funny how envious of you i am   Angry

is it from a pattern.cos im working with one right now that looks suspiciously similar...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

handjive baby!
SakanaSea
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006 08:54:18 AM »

OH MY WOOOOOOOOOOW

i want that dress!!
soooooooooooooooooooooooooo so preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'sosoososososososososososossososososossoooooooooooooooooooooo') badly
its not even funny how envious of you i am   Angry

is it from a pattern.cos im working with one right now that looks suspiciously similar...

Cheesy I used a Vogue vintage pattern for it, but the pattern didn't have sleeves or a belt so I made those by myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loupylou
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006 09:15:51 AM »

ooo kudos to you for doing that!!!

its such a beautioful dress... the fabric is just amazing too Smiley
i adore all of the colours in it Smiley
its just LUSH
THIS ROCKS   Logged

handjive baby!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Change Eye Color in Photoshop Cs4
How to Make an Easy Quick Wallpaper in Photoshop Cs4
How to Change Colors on Objects in Photoshop Cs4
How to Make a Cool Custom Myspace Layout in Photoshop Cs4 Part 1/5
How to Make a Cool Custom Myspace Layout in Photoshop Cs4 Part 2/5
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...