A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
804 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pimp My Craftster Username Gallery!  (Read 14013 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yamwam
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2006 04:15:58 PM »

Geez! It took me ages to find the gallery (I'm some kind of blind nutcase and didn't see it at first) and then I get caught up for a quarter of an hour in ogling everyone else's stuff. But here, finally, are pictures of my fantastic swap swag from the always amazing astronogirl!

Clockwise from top left: a sweetass crocheted felted purse with my name in wee colourful beads; a rabbit-shaped paper punch (I nearly got mugged for it by my roommate but we've worked out a sharing arrangement); a second purse, this one expertly sewn in totally kickin' fabric and embroidered with my name, some meltingly adorable cat stickers (they've got rabbit ears on--there were more stickers but those have already been abstracted by my roommate); a little pot for my laundry change, with a reminder of the state of my finances at the bottom; a card with a sort of 3-D bird made of scarlet feathers on a painted branch; a bookmark made of paper that astronogirl sewed; and three pairs of gorgeous earrings, one with a matching necklace, all neatly arranged on paper backings which she also sewed.

Whew! Now for close-ups:

Jewelry and bookmark (it says "Yamwam reads... lit... liest... lego" and is already in use inside Goldfinger by Ian Fleming)

Outside of laundry change bucket, which I think she painted herself in my favourite colours, giving it a cool speckly effect (where are my words? I can't find any bon mots today)

The other side of the purses, and...

The totally awesome fabrics with which they are lined! Oh, I just realised I didn't take a good picture of the front of the purses. The sewn one is my favourite, it has a patch of the liner fabric appliqud with a zigzag stitch (I'm not a sewing person, sorry if I'm not using the right terms), on which is embroidered Yamwam, and there are three nifty red buttons sort of flying away on more zigzags. It's already been to the mall and to the movie Bon Cop Bad Cop, and I've only had it for a couple days!

Thank you so much, astronogirl, and I hope you like your stuff as much as I like mine! Oh, I nearly forgot--I did take a picture of the inside of the notebook:
Stencilled in white and decorated in silver pen.

I do hope you like the 1" buttons, I was trying to find ones with squirrels on them but no dice. However, if I get a button maker, which I plan to, I shall certainly try to make you some!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012 09:06:19 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
astronogirl
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2006 05:05:29 PM »

Yay!  I'm glad you liked everything, and are getting use out of it.

A side note on the laundry change container... I painted and varnished and painted tissue paper on it in about 30 or so layers.  I then got some fine-grain sand paper and sanded it until some of the layers showed through.  Then I varnished the whole thing again twice.  I had seen products with that sort of effect before, but didn't really realize how messy the process was... My boyfriend was not amused.

May you never see the "NO CHANGE" on the bottom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swappies!  Just PM me!

I'm also looking for a date to the winter dance...

Wisties!!!! - www.wists.com/astronogirl
MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2006 05:06:58 PM »

im sooo jelous of everyones stuff
i cant wait to recieve!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunshinefairy

The heart of a pixie.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2006 11:43:18 AM »

I received my package from Kitten Wrangle this weekend and it is great.  I don't have a camera at the time but I am hoping she will post pics for me.  I got an awesome lunch style bag with a beautiful fairy embroidered on the front. Words can't do her justice.  I also got an adorable friendship bracelet that says Sunshinefairy which happens to be purple my favorite color.  Thanks Kitten Wrangler for the great package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunnyboo
"She is as wholesome as a bowl of cornflakes, and at least as sexy."

*Hi, my name is Bunny and I'm a swapaholic*

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2006 07:41:22 PM »

I havent receieved feed back and i noticed that it doesnt even say im in the swap. My partner recieved and I did too. Do i have to post pics to get feedback?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gifts, Purses, Crochet & Knitting Helpers, Papercrafts & More in my Etsy store...
www.courtneymarin.e tsy.com

Facebook Email Search: surfingmonkeyguy@hotmail.com

www.wists.com/bunnyboo
Always Open to Personal Swaps!!!!
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2006 01:45:17 AM »

You shouldn't need to post pics to get feedback. Posting pics in the gallery is just a way of showing appreciation of what you've received, and allowing everyone else to drool over your goodies. I imagine that BambiKhantastic has hit a busy patch in life, and can't update at the moment. I'm in the same position. I know that Sunshinefairy has received half her package (coz lo! there's another half on the way!!!) but my feedback has yet to be updated. I'm happy to wait a bit longer, because I do have another swapslot open, if I find something I HAVE to join, but if you need feedback, then you could try a nice polite pm to bambikhantastic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
bunnyboo

« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2006 02:10:40 PM »

thank you, and I did send her a PM so she must just be busy. I have another swap I'd like to join but it will have to wait  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gifts, Purses, Crochet & Knitting Helpers, Papercrafts & More in my Etsy store...

www.wists.com/bunnyboo
the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2006 02:13:18 PM »

I think I took some pictures of what I sent, bunnyboo, if you want me to post them when I post mine.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take that you stupid corn!
bunnyboo

« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2006 09:01:32 PM »

that would be great cause my camera, along with a bunch of my other stuff coincidentally is on the FRITZ!!!  Angry

thanks TLN!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/bunnyboo
Starsview
Queen of Procrastination

I've been meaning to make myself a crown...

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2006 10:39:15 AM »

OK!  It took me long enough, bc I'm some what of a slacker  Tongue But here are the pictures of what TheWorldFamous sent me!

The bag is really the neatest, that kind of concept never occurred to me before, and its MY name! haha
Again, Thanks for all the neat stuff TheWorldFamous!

*edited to fix picture link*
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006 08:34:28 PM by Starsview » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thats Mrs. McGonigal to you! No really! ✩10.25.09

wistsportfoliosketchbook
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Snookie Makeup Tutorial for Halloween!
Bumble Bee Halloween Makeup Tutorial
How to Get Kerry Washington’s Elle Cover Look
CFL Reader Virginia Guidel Gets a Makeover!
CFL Reader Virginia Guidel Tries a Hot Night Look
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...