A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 315,400
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pimp My Craftster Username Gallery!  (Read 19438 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2006 06:46:08 PM »

Jaybird - that hoodie is totally cool!  What a great job!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jaybirdiscrafty

Hi, it's been awhile!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2006 07:06:28 PM »

Didn't Conley do a great job!? I was blown away when I saw it.  And that is hoodie #2.  The first one was redecorated by her son.  She is a trooper. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2006 04:48:42 AM »

Thankies!!

It was indeed hoodie number 2. My middlest son not only redecorated the first but made attempts to tailor and alter it as well (which is why I couldn't send it with a giant hole in it).  Grin

Kids make crafting an adventure.

I will be posting pics of the things jaybird sent me today after I get some pics... I wanted to wait for sunshine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog    http://stephieface.wordpress.com
Ravelry    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Stephieface

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
SevsOnlyGirl

Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2006 07:23:54 AM »

Conley, you ARE a trooper!  I don't know what I would do if one of the kids "redecorated" a swap project! Shocked

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2006 08:50:13 AM »

Conley, you ARE a trooper!  I don't know what I would do if one of the kids "redecorated" a swap project! Shocked

I find reenacting the Wicked Witch Of The West's death scene from Wizard of Oz quite helpful.  Grin By the time you're done you start giggling when the kids jump on you screaming "Mommy Melted!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
SevsOnlyGirl

Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2006 08:54:31 AM »

I find reenacting the Wicked Witch Of The West's death scene from Wizard of Oz quite helpful.  Grin By the time you're done you start giggling when the kids jump on you screaming "Mommy Melted!"

Too funny!  I wanna come visit, it sounds like fun at your house!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2006 10:47:32 AM »

You can totally visit,be warned I may make a break for freedom though.

Okay, apparently it has been deemed I'll have no sun to take the pics in so here they are in all their glorious darkness.

First off, jaybirdiscrafty spoiled me to no end- seriously. She post stalked me good and spoiled me bad. She gave me stuff from my Wist:

My son stole the hat and has claimed it as his own:

A Jayne Cobb hat!! Not pictured from my Wist, the Chai Tea Lip balm she got me that's already in my purse.

She sent shirts for all my boys (with fruit snacks and little gifts):

She sent me a crochet/beaded purse and headband that if I so wish I can dye:

And because I'm nuts about squirrels (I LOVE that pun!) she sent me a squirrel embroidered tea towel

And hoodie- how awesome is this hoodie?!!

And in addition to all of that she also saw that Hubby recently donated my button collection to Goodwill and sent me these:

How awesome is she?! Thank you so much jaybirdiscrafty!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jaybirdiscrafty

Hi, it's been awhile!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2006 11:04:42 AM »

You are very welcome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2006 01:04:22 PM »

Wow! Sweet haul, girl!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yamwam
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2006 04:15:58 PM »

Geez! It took me ages to find the gallery (I'm some kind of blind nutcase and didn't see it at first) and then I get caught up for a quarter of an hour in ogling everyone else's stuff. But here, finally, are pictures of my fantastic swap swag from the always amazing astronogirl!

Clockwise from top left: a sweetass crocheted felted purse with my name in wee colourful beads; a rabbit-shaped paper punch (I nearly got mugged for it by my roommate but we've worked out a sharing arrangement); a second purse, this one expertly sewn in totally kickin' fabric and embroidered with my name, some meltingly adorable cat stickers (they've got rabbit ears on--there were more stickers but those have already been abstracted by my roommate); a little pot for my laundry change, with a reminder of the state of my finances at the bottom; a card with a sort of 3-D bird made of scarlet feathers on a painted branch; a bookmark made of paper that astronogirl sewed; and three pairs of gorgeous earrings, one with a matching necklace, all neatly arranged on paper backings which she also sewed.

Whew! Now for close-ups:

Jewelry and bookmark (it says "Yamwam reads... lit... liest... lego" and is already in use inside Goldfinger by Ian Fleming)

Outside of laundry change bucket, which I think she painted herself in my favourite colours, giving it a cool speckly effect (where are my words? I can't find any bon mots today)

The other side of the purses, and...

The totally awesome fabrics with which they are lined! Oh, I just realised I didn't take a good picture of the front of the purses. The sewn one is my favourite, it has a patch of the liner fabric appliqud with a zigzag stitch (I'm not a sewing person, sorry if I'm not using the right terms), on which is embroidered Yamwam, and there are three nifty red buttons sort of flying away on more zigzags. It's already been to the mall and to the movie Bon Cop Bad Cop, and I've only had it for a couple days!

Thank you so much, astronogirl, and I hope you like your stuff as much as I like mine! Oh, I nearly forgot--I did take a picture of the inside of the notebook:
Stencilled in white and decorated in silver pen.

I do hope you like the 1" buttons, I was trying to find ones with squirrels on them but no dice. However, if I get a button maker, which I plan to, I shall certainly try to make you some!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012 09:06:19 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
3 Tips to Taking Amazing Photos From Celebrity Photographer
Abandoned America: Photographer Snaps Derelict Spots Across The Country
Photographer Bryant Austin Reveals His Whale Photography Techniques
High School Senior Portraits Go Upscale
The Sartorialist Sizzle Reel
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...