A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,728
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dragon (body made and fired, details and paint soon to come)  (Read 1254 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

megjen
« on: August 01, 2006 10:17:27 AM »

Update -- Made his body, got that stuff made and fired.  I gave him spines running along his lower back to upper tail, which I will fill in like his ears.  I haven't yet decided what to do for his skin.  I was planning on making him have sculpted feathers, however I think that would contrast too much with his ear and spine webbing.  Maybe I should do scales?  Or...I don't know.  But whatever I do, I still have to add another layer of clay for his skin.

*note* I think the oven was set too high or something, look at how burnt he is!  Ahh, that will make him a little weaker structurally, but since he is mostly wire and foil underneath, it shouldn't be too big of a deal.  And of course, unnoticeable once I paint him.

Sorry about the low quality of the pictures.  I didn't figure I needed to waste time taking better pictures, if he wasn't done anyway...
~~~

Well, I haven't quite decided what to do for his body, as I'm out of foil to make an armature, but I figured I'd fire his head anyway.  It's not quite done, as I still have to fix up the ears and add scales/fur/feathers/i'mnotsureyet, as well as make a body and add a coat of paint.  But I figured I'd show off his head as of the moment. 

Or if that doesn't show up, here's the link: http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/213/1/8/Dragon_head___not_painted_by_ArtisticFox.jpg
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010 09:17:15 AM by rackycoo - Reason: to fix images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps, as well as commissions, and everything I make is for sale.  Ask me about stuff: maincoon@comcast.net

I need BONES.  I will pay $$ for defleshed bones, skulls.  I will pay for shipping of other things (such as roadkill).  I will pay big bucks for cool dead stuff.  Smiley
megjen
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006 11:04:16 AM »

Does this work better?

I don't know why they don't show up for some people.  They work fine on my computer.  :\
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps, as well as commissions, and everything I make is for sale.  Ask me about stuff: maincoon@comcast.net

I need BONES.  I will pay $$ for defleshed bones, skulls.  I will pay for shipping of other things (such as roadkill).  I will pay big bucks for cool dead stuff.  Smiley
Meshuge
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006 12:35:11 PM »

Whooa! I can't wait to see it painted! Any ideas for color yet? I love his smile. X)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006 07:27:37 PM »

He looks so curious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Face Paint a Christmas Tree Tattoo
How to Create a Collage for Your Face Painting Work
How to Load Your Face Paint Brush
How to Use Glitter in Face Painting
How to Face Paint a Bat Mask
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...