A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,488
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery - August 2006  (Read 26290 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lafemmefatale

Can't be old n wise if you are never young n crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2006 06:43:36 PM »

OMG I need a nestring like whoa!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2006 07:44:15 PM »

I saw the awesome bowling pin that batgirl made sewpixie for the Scavenger Hunt swap (you can see it here) and I publicly posted that I had always wanted a bowling pin (don't know why... I just do). Well, xladyluckx piped up and offered to send me one. Yess! So I sent her a surprise in return!

Here's my awesome bowling pin:

Here it is in its "natural habitat" (on top of our entertainment center -- it definitely entertains me!):

In return, I post-stalked her. I thought she'd like a bag w/ skulls on it, so I made her one. I've made this same style bag as a "knitting tote" for some other swap partners, but she doesn't knit, so I tried putting a fastener on it. I'm still not sure about the magnetic fastener -- I think it may be too formal for an unstructured bag, but... she seems to like it, so that's good!

The back side uses a slightly different part of the fabric... bigger skulls:

Here's kind of a crappy interior shot (it's hard to take pics inside of bags!) showing the magnetic snaps and the interior fabric, which is a dark red sort of checkerboard:

(... and, apparently, the toe of my shoe)

Glad you like it, xladyluckx! I'm sooo happy with my bowling pin! Thanks!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
Fidget
You have my undivided atten...Look! A bunny!

la-da-dee la-da-daa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2006 07:51:05 PM »

Alright, y'all.  Perpare to be jealous!

Awesome mod and super Craftsterista Sweets4ever and I had a personal swap.  I made her a few baubles and she made me a very happy woman!

Feast your eyes on this beautiful Amish puzzle ball pincushion she made for me! Here are two views of the faces.

Notice the beautiful velour faces and very cool buttons at the intersections.  And unseen, but very useful, are the powerful rare earth (neodymium) magnets in each one of the sections.  Not only are these good for cleaning up spilled pins, but they also serve as places to park one's embroidery needles.

Also in the picture is a beautiful storage tin with a stain glass-ish type decorated top.  I think this is done with melted beads but don't quote me on that.  What say you, Sweets4ever?  

Regardless of technique, the beautiful tin was full of shrinkies pins!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/27926PinsTin.JPG
The subjects are items taken from my Craftster photo gallery - everything from a polyclay mushroom and 8-track lamp I made to polycritters made by TeapotDnky, to me and hubby on our wedding day and more goodies too numerous to mention!  What an awesome and uniquely personal gift!

And finally, Sweets4ever included a pound of Cinnabon flavored coffee (wheee!) which Pookie and I have already had the pleasure of drinking.  Yummmmm!

Thank you again, Sweets4ever for being such a fabulous personal swapper.  *big hug* Kiss
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012 09:08:09 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feed my soul with the stitches I sew.
My Wists
I practice random acts of kindness at random moments for random reasons.
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2006 08:04:00 PM »

The subjects are items taken from my Craftster photo gallery - everything from a polyclay mushroom and 8-track lamp I made to polycritters made by TeapotDnky, to me and hubby on our wedding day and more goodies too numerous to mention!  What an awesome and uniquely personal gift!

I'm shrinky pins!!!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
tardmuffin
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2006 08:08:04 PM »

Where did you find such awesome fabric?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2006 08:22:05 PM »

Where did you find such awesome fabric?

Isn't it great?! I found it a local quilt store here... they were having a huge moving sale and I scooped up the last 3 yards of it. She said it went pretty fast, so I'm glad I got some. Let me see if I can do some sleuthing here and see what the selvage says...  yes... here it is... it says:  "'skull-finity' the Alexander Henry fabrics Collection 2004"

Hee hee. "Skull-finity!" I can't believe I didn't notice that name before! Funny!

I just did a quick google search. Ooooh... lookie! Someone is selling some on Etsy right here! That was just my first hit -- you can probably find some other sources for it as well. That Alexander Henry -- he knows just the right fabrics to make, doesn't he? Wink

In other news, sweets4ever, that puzzle ball is gorgeous! Lovely work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2006 04:41:49 AM »

Awesome mod and super Craftsterista Sweets4ever and I had a personal swap.  I made her a few baubles and she made me a very happy woman!

Also in the picture is a beautiful storage tin with a stain glass-ish type decorated top.  I think this is done with melted beads but don't quote me on that.  What say you, Sweets4ever?

Awww... *blush*  I must say, I do like the title, "Craftsterista!"  I think it shall be my new custom title. *bounce*

Yep!  The lid is melted faceted beads.  I love meltin'!  Grin

Thanks so much for being such a sweetie of a swapper.  Wink  It's hard to make someone who has made so many beautiful embroidery and pincushion projects, something that's attractive AND useful.  I'm glad I was able to figure something out & that you liked it as well!  I don't drink much coffee, but it smelled nummy...so that has to count for something.   Grin

Big hugs & thanks again!

The subjects are items taken from my Craftster photo gallery - everything from a polyclay mushroom and 8-track lamp I made to polycritters made by TeapotDnky, to me and hubby on our wedding day and more goodies too numerous to mention!  What an awesome and uniquely personal gift!

I'm shrinky pins!!!!! Grin

You are forever shrunken.  Smiley

In other news, sweets4ever, that puzzle ball is gorgeous! Lovely work!

Thank youuu!   Kiss

I started a thread for the pin cushion http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=116525.0 & the pins http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=116526.0 with some more pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
xladyluckx
Hiatus over...back to crafting.

woo woo!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2006 04:48:10 AM »

And might i add.......I LOVE THE BAG!!! I collect bags, so this one is staying right in my collection for use and to wear about town!!  Thank you so much for going out of your way and making that bag...I didn't even expect something in return really, I just thought you NEEDED that pin to live. Smiley SO, thank you so much for taking the time to stalk me, and make something that is so for me, and greatly appreciated. *gush* Smiley I have more pins, so if you ever make something out of that one and need one more to guard he entertainment center, let me know...Smiley

Good places to find crazy novelty fabrics.....www.jandofabrics.com and www.buyfabricsonline.com (they carry ONLY alexander Henry which is my favorite!!!)

I wish there was a part on this site that had things people are looking for and you can trade.....I have a bunch of that same skull fabric, as I collect just about everything AH makes for my stash. I also do not knit, but have been hoarding needles, books, and vintage stuff from estate sales to trade on the wish swap, but i never get the person who is asking for it in time!

Anyway, caffeine hasn't kicked in yet, so I ramble....Kaesea, you rule and I want everyone to know it! Thank you again so much!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

Champagne Dreams on a Beer Budget.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2006 02:38:58 PM »

Wow...lots of cool things have been posted since I last checked in!

chloeiscrazy...that's an awesome little monster you made and the journal and octopi you rec'd are great.

kaesea I luv that bag..it's right up my alley... Shocked  get it - alley...like your bowling pin!  HeHe  Great idea xladyluckx. 

sweets4ever that puzzle ball is beautifabulous!  And the rest of the package is pretty fantabulous too!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Najah

Accessorize fearlessly.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2006 05:08:18 PM »

I'm back to show n' tell the fabulous scarves Lol Stein knitted for me.  It all began with the rubber stamp kit I sent her earlier this month...and now, she's sent me these gorgeous, soft, and fuzzy beauties. As soon as I opened the package, I tried them on and pranced around the house (and outside, too -- I didn't care that it was 85 degrees). I adore everything about them -- the colors, the textures, the style. She also threw in the cutest bear-shaped, leather coin purse kit and a yummy smelling perfume sample from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.

Here's a few shots of me wearing the scarves...

Here's the long, blue-ish one.
It's the perfect length for tossing over my shoulder.

Sorry for these next two crappy quality shots.
I was foolin' around so long in my back yard...
showing off the scarves to my neighbors and such,
that I started losing daylight.
This is the green-ish one.
It's got hints of yellow sprinkled in it.

Thank you, Lol Stein,
for being such a great swap partner.
I am thoroughly smitten by your knittin'.  Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Hairdo and Makeup Do for Every Day of the Week
Try This Flirty, Curly Half-Up for V-Day
How to Do a Double Braided Ponytail
How to Get a Vintage Volume Do
How to Do a Cute Braided Style
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...