A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Everything you need to know about posting for a swap angel.  (Read 33591 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skaborsk
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

always procraftinating..............

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2009 08:31:55 AM »

if you decide to be a swap angel, and more than one person in the swap flakes, are you expected to make more than one package? or are you only responsible for one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please visit my etsy shop. i love it when people buy my crap!  
http://www.etsy.com/shop/cappywanna
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2009 01:16:32 PM »

if you decide to be a swap angel, and more than one person in the swap flakes, are you expected to make more than one package? or are you only responsible for one?

just one and on big swaps sometimes you are just one of a couple angels
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
skaborsk

always procraftinating..............

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2009 05:04:06 PM »

oh, thanks, that pretty sounds pretty simple then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please visit my etsy shop. i love it when people buy my crap!  
http://www.etsy.com/shop/cappywanna
leashhh
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2009 04:51:17 PM »

How long after not receiving should you file for an angel?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2009 07:12:26 AM »

How long after not receiving should you file for an angel?

usually it is up to the organizer to request an angel for a swap participant, but it your organizer is not steppig up to take care of it then you can open a help desk ticket to ask about that with a moderator - sometimes the mods will take over if an organizer is over their head or having trouble with taking care of things - as organizer I usually give the flakey person a couple of weeks past send outs and then let them know they have a week to send or they get negative feedback - but that is dependent on how well they are keeping in touch on the thread, with me and with their partner - so if the partner goes missing I will only give them two weeks past send out deadline, but I factor in a lot of things in that decision making process - for instance it can take two months or more for a package that is shipped ground between USA and Canada to get delivered, and AU is notorious for gettting packages delivered fast but not getting them shipped out of country very quickly - and sometimes customs takes longer when going through one or another entry point than  through another - so I always give international packages longer but also require a receipt or customs number

for those who want to angel and never get the information in time to volunteer - I keep the angel board on notify and every time there is a new post on it I get an email - that way if an angel doesn't get located in a timely manner I can contact the organizer to volunteer, or offer to be one if someone else doesn't turn up - or sometimes I know of someone looking to volunteer and will send them a PM

as for the question about "do yu put it on the feedback on the profile" - I usually do, unless the person asks me not to and they are a consistently positive swapper, however angels need timelines and progress update checkins and etc just like anyone else so when i need an angel I will generally make sure they can finish the package in a timely manner (usually about a week less than the shipping time for the original swap so they can get it out soon as possible but still make a good package) and ask them to send a PM to me and thier recipient at least once a week - but I do ask them if they can do that ahead of time

I will ask to not have it on my feedback on occasion simply because I know I have to organize  a swap coming up soon - but I won't volunteer if I am over-extended as that is how one gets in trouble with everything.

as for getting an angel - I will often get volunteers before I ever post on the angel board because someone in the swap will volunteer - so if you are watching swaps and see someone is late or out of commmunication you can volunteer to angel without waiting for it to go on the angel threads - I will keep those offers on record in casse I need them, and at the amse time hope I won't

Ronda
Blessings!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009 07:18:40 AM by RondaS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
sewhappysue

addicted to dolls

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2009 11:29:24 AM »

I'm not an organizer, nor would I want to be anytime soon, I have problems organizing my house. I have great respect for those that take on the responsibility. My question is about Angels. I have just been given an angel as my partner is mia. You can't imagine how good it makes you feel to know someone cares enough to do this. It's like the best long distance hug ever. I have been all over the swap boards and can find no place to post that I'm willing to Angel for someone. The call for angels board seems to be about replacement partners. Would it be appropriate for someone to start a board listing potential angels, their crafts (i.e crochet, sewing) and what they especially like to craft ( i.e. dolls) ? Wouldn't this make it easier for the organizers? And have the prospective angels up date once a month so everyone knows they are still interested? I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, it was just an idea I had.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2010 06:45:12 PM »

Smiley  I would like to be considered to be a 'swap angel'.  I have completed my first swap, etc...  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2010 10:27:22 AM »

I'm not an organizer, nor would I want to be anytime soon, I have problems organizing my house. I have great respect for those that take on the responsibility. My question is about Angels. I have just been given an angel as my partner is mia. You can't imagine how good it makes you feel to know someone cares enough to do this. It's like the best long distance hug ever. I have been all over the swap boards and can find no place to post that I'm willing to Angel for someone. The call for angels board seems to be about replacement partners. Would it be appropriate for someone to start a board listing potential angels, their crafts (i.e crochet, sewing) and what they especially like to craft ( i.e. dolls) ? Wouldn't this make it easier for the organizers? And have the prospective angels up date once a month so everyone knows they are still interested? I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, it was just an idea I had.

Organizers post on the board when they need angels, so we really don't need a list. It's amazing how many people will volunteer to be an angel soon after an organizer posts that they need one, so generally, a request won't stay up long. If you are interested in being an angel, the best thing to do is what RondaS suggested: make sure you are notified when someone posts on the angel board.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Sparkle Motion Dreamer
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2010 12:06:11 PM »

I feel very stupid asking this, but which thread do I post on offering to be a swap angel? Do I even offer? Or do I just get picked somehow? How do I subscribe to the correct thread so I know when someone has posted in search of a swap angel? Thank you! Embarrassed
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010 12:07:17 PM by Sparkle Motion Dreamer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm Alyssa, 18, a film-maker in college, & a non-traditional fantasy novelist online. I bake, create, & dream, & I enjoy all things secret, surrealist & sleep-related.
My Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/jarofdreams
My Blog: http://livingcraft.blogspot.com
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2010 12:21:22 PM »

Here is a link to the swap angel board, where an organizer in need of an angel will post. (Currently there are no angel requests): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=203.0

If you look near the top of that board, there is a button that says "Notify". If you click on that, you will be notified whenever someone posts to the board. When an organizer posts for an angel opportunity that you are interested in, you pm the organizer to let them know you are willing to help out.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Emeril Lagasse Talks Food Trends
How to Make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Top Summer Beach Foods With Marc Summers
How to Make a Turkey Sandwich Using Pepper Chutney
How to Make an Open Face Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...