A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Everything you need to know about posting for a swap angel.  (Read 31802 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2009 05:49:43 PM »

actually IAmSusie, i have to correct you. sorry! Smiley

ANYONE can angel, none of the swap guidelines are involved in angeling. some new members actually start angeling in their first month, while they're waiting to sign up for swaps! (just a reminder - angeling DOES NOT count as your first swap!)

however i will say that when an organizer is looking for an angel, they're really looking for someone who will be responsible and dependable, and most new members don't have enough posts to really give the organizer a feel for who they are. i personally wouldn't accept an angel who has less than 15 posts, i'd want to see a lot more involvement in the craftster community than that. if someone has been a member for less than 30 days, but has gotten SUPER involved in the community (over a hundred posts or something!), i would consider them. the swapper who was flaked on is already waiting patiently, so i'd like to be able to ensure that nothing else goes wrong!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
IamSusie
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2009 05:58:54 PM »

actually IAmSusie, i have to correct you. sorry! Smiley

ANYONE can angel, none of the swap guidelines are involved in angeling.

I officially retract my previous statement!

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2009 09:01:51 AM »

Here's my question: Do you only get an angel if you are flaked on, or can you get one if you don't get a package for some other reason? For example, I had 3 packages stolen/go missing after they were sent. This wasn't the fault of the senders, but I didn't get the packages, either. (Ironically one was for the FOC second-chance wishlist.) None of the organizers have offered an angel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
IamSusie
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2009 11:30:30 AM »

I had 3 packages stolen/go missing after they were sent.
Shocked  Yipes!  What is going on where you live?  You should start picking your mail up at the post office instead of having it delivered if things keep going missing.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2009 11:36:21 AM »

I had 3 packages stolen/go missing after they were sent.
Shocked  Yipes!  What is going on where you live?  You should start picking your mail up at the post office instead of having it delivered if things keep going missing.  Undecided

I think 2 were stolen from in front of my apartment door while I was staying at Mom's. The other I had delivered to Mom's, and I think it was taken off the porch, or got lost in the system somewhere. I think I may start requesting my partners send with signature confirmation if they don't mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2009 01:34:48 PM »

for me, it seems anytime i dont use DC my outgoing stuff gets stolen/lost

which pisses me off to no end....cos sometimes they are international packages *humph*

i go to different post offices and everything....anywh o

if you didnt recieve a package, you should get an angel (cept the Second Chance swap, that was says no angels at all) if i was organizing, i would get you an angel

what are the swaps? i could always angel for you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
IamSusie
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2009 02:32:13 PM »

Feast
I think 2 were stolen from in front of my apartment door while I was staying at Mom's. The other I had delivered to Mom's, and I think it was taken off the porch, or got lost in the system somewhere. I think I may start requesting my partners send with signature confirmation if they don't mind.

I think you can instruct your post office to keep packages secure until you pick them up.  I remember the days when we couldn't get a newspaper because it was always stolen.   Tongue**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SAHMama
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2009 06:58:54 AM »

I have an angel question. I've already PM'd the organizer so I'm waiting to hear back from her, but I'd just like to see what input everyone else has until I hear back from her.
I volunteered to be an angel for the dollar store swap about a week ago. I bought supplies, crafted, & just sent a message to the organizer & recipient last night that I'm almost done & will be shipping within the next couple days.
I got a message back from the recipient today that her partner has reappeared & sent her a package which looks like it will be delivered today.
What do we do?? Some of the stuff I crafted is pretty general, but some is kind of specific to the recipient (although I'm sure there are other people that would like it too).
I hate to say it, but I'm disappointed that her partner reappeared! This is my first time volunteering to angel & I was really enjoying it & looking forward to her getting my package.
Do I send it? Keep it? Any other ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elvissatx
Bad Girl Upset By The Truth

Ruby, my smart fortwo cabriolet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2009 12:16:01 PM »

I think the deal is the recipient gets two packages, and you get your FOC status.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cool!  I made the Best of 2009 twice!   Check 'em out! 

Yo-Yo Dress of Doom http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299010.0

Smart Santa Hat http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330595.0
SAHMama
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2009 01:35:59 PM »

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I just got a message from the organizer & that's what she said. Sounds good to me! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Halloween Tablecloth
Designing a Quick and Easy Halloween Bag
How to Craft Shriveled Halloween Heads
How to Use Weaving Loom - Positioning the Loom
How to Use Weaving Loom - Separating Yarn
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...