A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,062
Currently Running With Scissors:
659 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Everything you need to know about posting for a swap angel.  (Read 30707 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IamSusie
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2008 08:03:25 AM »

Mods don't really have anything to do with picking the angels.   I suggested that you contact specific swap organizers, but you have to be nice and keep up a level of contact that shows you are responsible and intend to follow through.

I checked out your profile and you aren't really a very active member on Craftster, so it would help if you started posting more projects and commenting on other people's work you admire.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

antarcticraft
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2008 11:04:56 AM »

Really, the best place to angel is either from within an individual swap (often I never even need to post an announcement), or by looking at the Call for Angels board. The latter is really where most people find that information.

And yes - being an active member of Craftster and participating in lots of swaps helps, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2008 02:33:12 PM »

Hi, I feel like there might be some confusion... at least I know I'm a little confused.

Do you need to angel twice to reverse negative feedback because you flaked as a swapper, or do you need to angel twice if you flaked as an angel? I thought you needed to angel once in a similarly sized swap to reverse negative feedback given for flaking in a swap. Then, the first post on this page said you needed to angel twice to reverse negative feedback in (what I thought was) the context of flaking as an angel, but now that I re-read it, it could be understood either way (flaking as an angel or just flaking in general)

I don't have any negatives to reverse, but someone's comment on here made me feel that this might need clarification.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008 02:35:05 PM by mcbenno » THIS ROCKS   Logged

antarcticraft

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2008 03:21:31 PM »

You only need to angel once (with a similarly-sized swap) PER flake. If you flaked twice, you need to angel twice. It doesn't matter if you flake as an angel or as a swapper - you get negative feedback either way, and it takes one angel to clean up each negative feedback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2008 11:41:01 PM »

actually, if you flake as an angel, you DO need to angel twice again to make up for it, sorry antarcticraft!

we implemented the angeling twice for naughty angels thing because we were starting to get a more of them, and we really want people to make sure that they're up for angeling before volunteering. the person you're sending to has already been flaked on once, it's MUCH worse when they get flaked on by their angel as well!

so to reiterate and hopefully clarify -

redeeming a negative depends on how you got it in the first place
by flaking on a regular swap - you need to angel ONCE, with an equal sized package to what you flaked on
by flaking when you volunteered to angel - you need to angel TWICE, unless you were angeling to redeem a previous negative. in that case you are no longer able to redeem your negative, you will be banned from swapping on craftster altogether. 

does that make sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
antarcticraft

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2008 08:11:13 AM »

Eek! That must have changed since the last time I read the guidelines, I'm sorry!

I like the new rules - I don't think swapping on Craftster is a right - it's a privilege, and some people take advantage of that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2008 11:40:20 AM »

no worries! unless you flaked, you wouldn't need to worry about it! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
IamSusie
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2008 04:03:28 PM »

Flaking angels?!  What a royal pain!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trollop
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2009 12:44:55 AM »

I saw someone else ask about this but saw not answer posted.  I'm a new member and haven't yet completed my 30 days or 15 posts, can I be an angel?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IamSusie
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2009 04:24:09 PM »

trollop-  You are sweet to offer.  I'm not the swap authority, but the 30-day, 15-post swap rules apply to angels just like regular swappers.  We have to know that you are really committed to Craftster and haven't just joined on a whim.   Wink

Edit:  I'm totally wrong on this.. See subsequent responses.   Smiley
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009 06:00:13 PM by IamSusie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 3/3
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 2/3
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 1/3
How to Draw Dolphin Energy
How Ross Bleckner Addresses Aids In His Art
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...