A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,748
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swap angel questions  (Read 36978 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2008 07:14:33 AM »

i'm sorry lmcbride!

we started discussing that, trying to decide what to tell you, and we haven't come to a conclusion yet! i'll definitely report back once we do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2008 09:08:52 AM »

Thanks and no problem. Smiley  When you decide the answer, it'll definitely be good to know for future reference, but  for the moment I'm not using an angel after all - I just learned that if a flaker comes back the day after you locate an angel, you have to give the flaker another chance to redeem themselves. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
clarabelle1228
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2008 06:44:10 AM »

So way back when I signed up for a couple swaps at the same time, and then wasn't able to finish them because I moved, etc etc....I have been trying to be an angel so I can get my feedback changed, but have not been able to get signed up before someone is found. Especially having to do be an angel two times to fix one negative feedback, it will take forever to be able to swap again. I understand that I was a jerk for flaking, and I have no problem in following the angel swap rules, but I just dont know how to get signed up to be an angel cause they are always filled....help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IamSusie
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2008 05:03:01 PM »

clarabelle1228-  Good for you for owning up to being a bad swapper in the past and trying to make things right.  Smiley I hope you have reformed your ways!  Swapping is so much fun and flakers are a tremendous bummer for everyone.

I don't really know exactly to solve your problem, but you could try PMing some of the organizers of current swaps you think you could angel for and nicely ask if they will kindly consider you if they end up needing an angel.  On the swaps I've co-organized, we always handled angeling internally.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2008 09:49:17 PM »

i can put a note that you want to angel for swaps i am doing and if i get a flaker (fingers crossed, knock on wood) i could PM you first
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
antarcticraft
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2008 01:17:23 PM »

I just learned that if a flaker comes back the day after you locate an angel, you have to give the flaker another chance to redeem themselves. 

I really, really disagree with this policy. I give flakers the opportunity to reply with late sending dates, and I tell them that if I don't hear from them by "X" date, they get negative feedback and I'm finding an angel. In my opinion, once you find an angel, it's up to the flaker to figure something else out - it's too messy to allow them to pop back in suddenly and send out a package, especially if you're dealing with a replacement partner who got the package originally intended for the flaker.

The goal with this process should be to minimize the amount of extra waiting time and uncertainty for the flaked-upon - there are concrete send-outs, and if someone can't be bothered to even PM the organizer within a set limit after that to let them know they'll be sending late, then I don't think I should have to be super accommodating as an organizer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
kitkat_pro
Mender for the destroyer of worlds

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2008 10:26:16 AM »

I was wondering how often an angel should contacted the person they are angeling for? Say You received a pm from an Angel the first day they become angel and hear nothing for say 20 days, how long should a person wait to contact the swap coordinator?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists/Pinterest
Out of the dusk a shadow, Then a spark; Out of the cloud a silence, Then a lark; Out of the heart a rapture, Then a pain; Out of the dead, cold ashes, Life again. ~ John Banister Tabb
IamSusie
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2008 11:55:15 AM »

I think that hearing nothing is a big alarm bell and you should not wait to contact your organizer. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008 04:08:03 PM by IamSusie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2008 01:13:47 PM »

I was wondering how often an angel should contacted the person they are angeling for? Say You received a pm from an Angel the first day they become angel and hear nothing for say 20 days, how long should a person wait to contact the swap coordinator?
I think they should communicate as if they were in the swap, so very often! Contact the organizer if you haven't heard from them in a few days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clarabelle1228
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2008 06:33:19 AM »

Okay, if anyone needs angels, let me know!! Where else should I be posting to let people know I want to angel?? On the swap board, or pm individiual mods?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create HD Videos with Windows Movie Maker
How to Make Your Own Watermark for Your Videos
How to Achieve High Quality Using Hypercam 2
How to Overlap Sounds on Camtasia Studios.
How To Install Brushes for Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bird Feeder
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...