I have two t-shirts that I got at Gap last year. I never wear them because I don't think they're flattering and they're just so boring.
Here's what it looked like before (please excuse the sweaty makeup less face):http://static.flickr.com/58/203191034_2a0aad05ce.jpg
(o.k. it's a different colour but it's the same T)
I'm so pleased with it!
Here's what I did:
1. With very sharp sewing scissors I cut off the sleeve hem.
2. I drew a new neckline with dressmaker's chalk and cut along the line.
3. To make it more form fitting, I turned it inside-out and drew a curved line from the armpit to the hem on each side. I sewed along this line with the sewing machine and then cut off the excess fabric.
4. I sewed along the neckline and arm holes with a zig-zag stitch.
5. To make the bust gather, start about an inch and a half below the middle of the front neckline and pinch some fabric upward and pin it down. Pinch a bit of fabric above this and pin it and repeat above this pin. Sew downward over the pleats removing pins as you go. Pivot ninety degrees and sew for an eigth of an inch, pivot ninety degrees upward and sew to the neckline.
6. Sketch a design on two pieces of paper taped together or message me and I can scan and e-mail you my design.
7. Trace over your design with Sulky Iron-on transfer pens.
8. Decide where you want your design and iron it on to your t.
Here's a detail of the design:http://static.flickr.com/63/203191041_821943fd8b.jpg
Please tell me what you think and if you decide to make it send me a pic!