A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Painting/Decorating Crocs? (Painting on Plastic Shoes?)  (Read 2550 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gryph

Starving Student

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2006 11:59:36 PM »

Okay, so a month ago my sister went out and bought a pair of Crocs, which are apparently now "all the rage" at her school. I tried them on, and they're the most comfortable summery shoe I've ever worn. Unfortunately, they look like large solid-colour plastic clogs. Which, y'know, they are.

Has anyone tried painting or crafting with these? I'm probably going to end up getting myself a pair, but I'd rather not keep them so plain. Any advice on paint that will stick to plastic and not wear off would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006 03:27:04 PM by Gryph » THIS ROCKS   Logged
owl be there
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006 02:51:24 PM »

i agree! i got some for my birthday [brown - matches with everything ehehhe] and i no u can buy those little things that go in the hole...but how "un-creative" so if anyone thinks of anything/ has done something - tell us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aleahcim
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006 04:45:46 PM »

Actually the shoes aren't plastic, not the genuine ones. They are made out of Croslite. It is a closed celled proprietary resin. The shoes are designed not to have anything stick to them. I'm not sure what kinds of paints would work. Crocs are non-porous. The paint won't soak into the shoes. Also, because of their flexible nature, I would think it would be hard to find a paint that can withhold bending all of the time.
Some people decorate crocs other ways. There is a company who sews theirs. it's at http://roscom.co.il/ But with adding any material to crocs other than croslite, you are compromising its benefits. Crocs are anti-microbial, meaning they resist bacteria. If you ad string to them, they are no longer anti-microbial.
Crocs are cool though. I give you props for trying to make them your own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hardcover books made into journals.
SaltyDesigns.etsy.com
chuypu
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006 12:37:40 AM »

Crocs are anti-microbialbig ?

big mistake !

crocs ad string to them ....

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-31-4-hydro.aspx?reqid=31&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products
THIS ROCKS   Logged
owl be there
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006 01:14:03 PM »

Actually the shoes aren't plastic, not the genuine ones. They are made out of Croslite. It is a closed celled proprietary resin. The shoes are designed not to have anything stick to them. I'm not sure what kinds of paints would work. Crocs are non-porous. The paint won't soak into the shoes. Also, because of their flexible nature, I would think it would be hard to find a paint that can withhold bending all of the time.
Some people decorate crocs other ways. There is a company who sews theirs. it's at http://roscom.co.il/ But with adding any material to crocs other than croslite, you are compromising its benefits. Crocs are anti-microbial, meaning they resist bacteria. If you ad string to them, they are no longer anti-microbial.
Crocs are cool though. I give you props for trying to make them your own.

they sell croc flats!? there sooo cute !!! ive never seen those anywhere! (even without the string on them)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chuypu
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006 07:15:32 AM »

this is weird..  Huh
i measure new XXL crocs and they are much  smaller than my XL ....do you think  that my crocs become chubby ?   Embarrassed

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three Tricks For Curling Your Lashes
Birchbox Shows You How to Avoid Sunburn
Miranda Mendoza: Copy the Cover Challenge
Megan Moore: Copy the Cover Challenge
Alyssa Wallace: Copy the Cover Challenge
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...