A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: JoAnn deals  (Read 441 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Writer78
« on: July 30, 2006 07:05:13 PM »

Did you ever get such a good deal on crafty stuff that you just HAD to brag to someone who would understand??  On Friday over lunch, I went to teh JoAnn Fabrics near work.  Their remnants were on 90% off, so I picked up a big, gorgeous piece of pale green lace.

After work, I was headed to a singles dinner (whcih turned out to be a complete and total bust), but on the way, there was a JoAnn Superstore (biggest I've ever seen!).  So I browsed their remnants and came away with a 2-yard cut of red/blue/gold decorator fabric and a generous swath of black/gold designed decorator fabric.

After church on Sunday, I stopped by the JoAnn's nearby.  I found creamy/white lace, pale pink Asian silky blend, a narrow cut of blueish tapestry, and a generous supply of muted gold decorator fabric.

So that's 7 pieces over the course of the weekend, most appropriate for ren faire costuming, which is my current obsession.  The original price for all this stuff, if I bought it off the bolt: $82.10.  The original markdown remnant price, if I had bought them wihtout the sale: $41.05.  The final price I paid: $8.21.

YAHOO!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006 07:29:10 PM »

The joy of scoring a bargain:  priceless!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006 07:45:02 PM »

Oh, I went too!  It was amazing, to say the least.  Let's just say I filled an entire 3 drawer storage bin with fabric that I bought, and I paid no more than $20 for all of it. 

If they did that every month I'd have no place to sleep...my entire house would be taken over by remnants! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessblueberry
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006 07:59:47 PM »

Yep, it was a great sale!!!  Am glad I was not the only one to find fabric they could use  Cheesy also spent almost $9 on fabric from the remnint bin and am working on a dress with my main find now. . .also got scraps of blackout fabric to make hats, flannel for beauity masks and hot/cold packs, and random pieces I don't know what I'm going to do with but they were too nice to pass up at that price  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
emt95348
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006 08:01:19 PM »

I posted a thread on this but got no replies Sad lol Anyway. I filled up 2 carts to the brim and only spent $97.00. I have two 18 gallon rubbermaid storage containers overflowing with remnants now, every type you could imagine....yes, a bit overboard. But I made a deal with the dh. I was going to go on one last ball's out fabric spree and then I won't buy any more fabric until the first of the year unless it was something that i needed to finish a specific project that i was already working on....so I had to make it good! after i got home we figured it out (how lame, huh?) and there was over $1200.00 worth of fabric in there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips from Bestselling Author Lee Eisenberg
Margaret Peterson Haddix Talks About Claim to Fame
Announcing Morbid Curiosity
Author Ruth Graham Discusses Fear Not Tomorrow, God Is Already There
Mireille Guiliano Talks About Business Education
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...