A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Faxing: What do you do when businesses want to fax you?  (Read 323 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

maise
« on: July 29, 2006 05:13:08 PM »

I'm just starting out approaching out of state pet stores to carry my screenprinted doggie tees. Since not everyone is familiar with scanners, and email, we're looking into setting up a fax machine. I've started doing research where to add a second phone line dedicated to faxing, it would be $9.99/mo. I haven't found the setup fees yet. I would just use the existing line and set my computer up to receive, but then I'd have to ask them to call ahead and tell me to setup my computer. I'm out a lot so thats just not going to work. Fax machines can get expensive with the machine upkeep, toner, paper, etc. so I'm looking into efax. Has anyone used this? Is there something else out there similar? I used to work at a booking agency and bands used it so they could get their contracts from the road. It seemed to work well for them so that's the first one I've looked into. It looks like its $12.95/mo + $12.95 setup fee. Received emails are free, and its $.10 to send one. I'm guessing thats per page. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Emily
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007 01:21:00 PM by jungrrl - Reason: Removed website link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

slgn

Ma Cobb says, "Ni hao-wdy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006 12:53:06 PM »

I don't have a fax but have you heard of eFax?  www.efax.com.

I have not used them myself but I knew a coworker who used this (5+ yrs ago?) when it was free.  Looks like there are monthly or annual charges now.  So do the math for eFax vs. buying fax machine and second line.  Or if you are going to use your fax very sparingly, I think you can hook it up to your regular line when you are expecting a fax.  It is more professional to have a dedicated fax line though (and less annoying for answering unexpected faxes with squeally modem sound).

eFax assigns you a fax number routing all documents through a server; docs are delivered to analog fax machines and you receive faxes via email.

ETA: it looks like they have something called "eFax Free" under "Home & Home Office" and it of course offers an upgrade ($) to bigger packages.  It gives you a non-local fax number.  They've got plenty of fine print to read. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006 01:00:04 PM by slgn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." Wash, The Message (Firefly).
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Understanding a Cameras Sensor Size
Shoot Better Video with Your Smartphone
Light Painting with Robot Vacuum Cleaners
Exporting Images for Time Lapse Video
How to Clean Your DSLR Lens
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...