A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,402
Currently Running With Scissors:
801 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Best Flippin chewy chocolate chip cookies EVER!  (Read 4941 times)
Tags for this thread: chocolate_chip_cookie , chocolate_chip , recipe , cookie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

Get up, dress up, show up, and don't give up.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2006 06:33:57 PM »

For some reason the water is what makes them soft - I've tried many many different types - just adding that little bit of water makes all the difference.

You can also add all kinds of exta's - coconut, oatmeal, walnuts, pecans - what ever suits your fancy.

This looks basically like the TollHouse recipe, except more flour, and the water.  And the TollHouse recipe always USED to include the water, but for some reason took it out.  My mom figured there must have been a reason for the water in the first place, so we've always put it in.  The cookies are yummy.  And yes, the water does make all the difference.

Oh, make sure you don't over mix cookies; it makes them tough.  When you're creaming the butter and eggs, it's not an issue, but as soon as you start adding flour, mix just until it's all combined.  Something about activating the glutens or something, according to America's Test Kitchen.

thats good advice TheDishclothQueen though i use the mixer all the way through and add the flour in at half cup increments until it's all mixed in and they don't seem to be tough, but if you are worried about them being tough you could pull them a minute or so early. but you know the last ones i made the final tray of them i forgot about and they ended up being in there about 6 minutes to long (i know not that long) they didn't burn but they were brown all over and that night the edges were a bit crunchy but by the next day they weren't crunchie anymore.

so if you forget them like me they should be fine by the next day, unless they end up black lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2006 06:40:05 PM »

Heres something random, i found a recipie for Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies if anyone is interested

http://www.deliciouslivingmag.com/recipes/index.cfm?fuseaction=recipedetails&recipeID=498
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elliebee
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006 08:27:41 AM »

I made these cookies and they were delicious (used smarties instead of chocolate chips) anyway, they were REALLy crunchy ?! is it because i didn't put water in? anyway they were still delicious Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006 12:50:41 PM »

well i am not sure what makes them chewy but according to some of these ladies the water is what does it. why don't you make another batch with the water. make it like a science experiment Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2006 02:51:52 PM »

I'll save you the experiment, though--it's seriously the water.  I've made them both ways (when I forget the water it's definately an accident), and w/ the water is infinately chewier and better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2006 04:29:00 PM »

we have a verdict then Smiley

it's so wierd, it's just seems like with the tiny amount of water that it is, that it wouldn't matter. hmm science is interesting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2006 05:20:24 PM »

wait a minute, smarties? hmmm do they get melty or disinigrate at all? or just stay crunchy??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2006 11:43:13 AM »

They're not bad, they just stay crunchy.

It really is strange.  It's just a tsp.  But it makes a HUGE difference!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
Mrsblocko

It's not only sticious, it's SUPER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2006 02:22:28 PM »

Here is another really chewy moist cookie recipe I like from toll house. (Forgive me if I screw up the link, I'm not very good at computer stuff.)
http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=128664

Anyhow, it's the pudding in this recipe that makes them soft.  I have tried all different kinds of pudding and Butterscotch the favorite at our house.  I am always on the look out for new cookie recipes.  I can't wait to try out the "water" one!
-Karen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2006 04:50:48 PM »

pudding?! oh no... danger ahead!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watertown South Dakota County Fair
The Relish Cooking Show Watertown
Different Nut Butter Spreads
Southern Heritage BBQ Restaurant
The Relish Cooking Show Dublin Georgia
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...