A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,459
Currently Running With Scissors:
404 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Best Flippin chewy chocolate chip cookies EVER!  (Read 5847 times)
Tags for this thread: chocolate_chip_cookie , chocolate_chip , recipe , cookie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

Get up, dress up, show up, and don't give up.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2006 03:49:18 PM »

let me first say that being 8 months pregnant might have something to do with it, but i've never been a big sweets person, i mean i enjoy them on occassion but i can just as easy pass them up. I am very much a meat and potatoes girl... but in the last couple weeks i've been wanting sweets, mostly chewy fruity candies like orange slices but i just wanted to make cookies.

and omg ladies i don't know about you but i like my chocolate chip cookies soft and chewy rather than crunchy. so i went online in search of a good recipie. now these have to be the worst cookies for you i've ever found but i'd rather make it the good way and have one or two at a time over the course of a few weeks. well... there were alot of recipies out there but something in this one got me.
so i made it and enjoyed using the mixer (a milllion times faster than stiring by hand) and i think it's what lends the airyness to the cookie dough that will help make it chewy.

not the best pic because i used my phone, and i made them way bigger than i should have but thats good cause then i can just have one instead of being tempted to have like 5, which i probebly would if they were smaller.
i can't tell you how good they are, i'll post the recipie if anyone wants it... mmmmm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sillysausage
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006 04:38:11 PM »

omg i sssoooo want one
 aargh it 12:30 at night here and now I'm craving cookies and theres nowhere to get them  Cry

could you post the recipie i love chewy cookies but can nevery find any

Cheesy
Lauren
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006 05:08:13 PM »

They are so good and super easy this is the recipie as i got it, it can be modified pretty easy for lower fat but i dunno why you would want to Cheesy

1 c. butter (which is two sticks of butter but you could use one stick and 1/2 crisco or whatever shortening)
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. water
2 eggs
3 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
12 oz. chocolate chips  (sometimes i only use half the bag instead of the whole 12 oz bag but its up to you)
nuts (optional - but i don't like nuts in mine)

combine the first 5 ingredients and beat 2 minutes on high (i think they do fine on low to med depending on the strength of your mixer, until you start adding the flour)
add eggs and beat an additional 2 minutes.
add next 3 ingredients and beat 2 more minutes.
fold/stir in chocolate chips.
bake at 350 for 11 minutes.

Note your mixing you don't have to go an exact 2 minutes but you want to mix until you get everything combined and smooth so you don't have butter or flour clumps. the batter is also a very light color and when you look at them at 11 minutes they almost don't look like their done but they are. i had mine on 355 for 12 minutes at that point some were starting brown ontop and at the edge. so 11-12 minutes is your window (mine are a little brown in spots but still soft and chewy so a little browning is no big deal.

enjoy! let me know what you think if you make them Cheesy

Quick edit : I made cookies about 2 times as big as what i would call a normal cookie size and i got about 27 or 28 (there are more than in the pic) so you could probebly easily get 35 or more if you use a smaller spoon to spoon it out than i did lol
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006 05:28:30 PM by spunkyPOPmonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DayTripper
Character is what you are in the dark.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine" Proverbs 17:22

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006 05:12:40 PM »

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
I am salivating!

-Day
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ."

-Martin Luther
sillysausage
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006 05:57:49 AM »

yay i cant wait to make some Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dishwasher182
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006 06:26:48 AM »

those look wonderful Smiley Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006 08:48:59 PM »

i am going to attempt to revise this recipe for lower fat... make them a little more waistline friendly but keep the chewyness so we will see what i can come up with Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DayTripper
Character is what you are in the dark.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine" Proverbs 17:22

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006 05:49:40 AM »

Well,  I made them.  They were delicious.  I ate the entire batch in two evenings.  I will be making more soon.  Thanks for the recipe.
-Day  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ."

-Martin Luther
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006 06:02:03 AM »

(which is two sticks of butter but you could use one stick and 1/2 crisco or whatever shortening)

I can't wait to try this recipe!

Just FYI, I think I read somewhere about crisco affecting the texture/crunchiness of cookies, nudging them toward the crunchy end of the spectrum.  Maybe the recipe could be used for my whole family--I have one kid who likes  crunchy, and one kid who likes chewy. I could just make two batches, one with crisco, one without! Smiley
yay!

Best wishes in your last month of pregnancy--I hope it's not too hot wherever you are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006 11:32:02 AM »

haha daytripper i fought so hard not to do that lol eveytime i went in the kitchen i was like "hmm cookie Cheesy" lol they lasted me until tuesday (but i only got one haha) when mom and dad came home between the three of us they poofed.

tell me how that goes graced with the crisco, i think your right... maybe i can find a substitute that won't take away their chewy goodness. Cheesy

thanks... and it is hot i just try to stay inside lol the baby is actually due in october so i am praying it will be cooler by then
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006 12:53:07 PM by spunkyPOPmonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags
Whatz Up, My Peeps?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...