A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,623
Currently Running With Scissors:
763 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Greatest Garden of the Gods Contest Pictures.......Way too many pictures!  (Read 8290 times)
Tags for this thread: garden  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wildflowerz
« on: July 29, 2006 08:59:11 AM »

My husband and I are entering our gardening work from Austin,Tx. He IS the creator and I am the "go-to gal". I do have my fair share of creating but mainly pots. Please enjoy and tell us what you think. Here are pictures of veggie and herb gardens, and just some different ladscaping around. Some of the pictures are of the begining of spring, and then now summer time.
 Close up of some pots

close-ups of zinnias and Texas Star hibiscus...my favs...

some amaranth, purslane... and morning glory and hyacinth bean

a swallowtail on zinnia.....and a caterpillar on some fennel

bumblebee on an artichoke........an d a chianti sunflower thats so red it looks black

couldn't leave out the black currant tomatoes

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012 09:14:36 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TurtleGrrrl

watch out for honu!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006 09:36:48 AM »

wow, that's so beautiful!  I love the containers you guys have done.  I only wish I had property (and TX's warm weather!) to have a garden like that! (I live in an apt  Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are two sides to a trumpeter's personality.  There is the one that lives only to lay waste to the woodwinds and strings, leaving them lying blue and lifeless along the swath of destruction that is the trumpeter's fury.  And then there's the dark side.

http://www.wists.com/turtlegrrrl
Styrofoamania
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006 11:53:24 AM »

wow, that's gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catch a falling star you'll go far
                               In the pageant of the bizarre
prettypitbull
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006 11:58:19 PM »

Well you have my vote!!! I know this post is for best garden but, both home and garden are beautiful! I love the copper eaves (both the shiny ones and the verdigris ones) and the rocks along the bottom of the house! Greenhouse...bubble r fountain... there is a big puddle of drool on my desk! Awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Early Bird Special

Formerly "sewwabisabi"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006 02:57:52 PM »

All of your pictures are so beautiful!  You've got my vote too!  I love the picture of the morning glory with the light shining through the center.  Also the caterpillar on the fennel is awesome!  Great pictures & great work!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tickleagangster
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006 10:03:07 AM »

That's so beautiful that I want to get up from my desk, run home (a looong commute!), dig up everything and replant it better!! Your gardens are spellbinding! I'm so jealous,,,you've got my vote! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Say hello to my lil' friend!
MissConduct
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006 05:13:13 PM »

Geez, that's beautiful!  And the greenhouse is magnificent. That's YOUR garden?? It looks like somewhere you have to pay to see!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TrashedClothing

You only wish you had a Yeti hat like me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006 10:14:24 AM »

Can I move in and tend to the garden? Haha. It's simply beautiful!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wildflowerz
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006 01:04:57 PM »

Thank you so much guys.....I LUV being outside and playing in the dirt.....of coarse it IS our pasttime fun.
MissConduct you can pay me if you wanna come see it! I don't know anyone who is willing to pay for seeing some herbs and flowerz.
 We have a seed buying obsession mainly of wildflowerz...hence the name~ teehee. Most of the stuff is from a seed packets, but some of the cactus and agave's are bought. The greenhouse is for the stuff that needs to be nursed back to health or stuff that won't live in our heat in the summer and the stuff that can't take our slightly cold winters. Mainly tropicals. Since I'm the one whom likes to give things a chance....most of the greenhouse is filled with stuff that needs a little luv and helping hand. I will be selling 4in herbs at the market sometimes so if your in the area come visit and buy some herbs, or whatever I have at the time!~

I can't wait for the voting polls to open...SO many green thumbs..I'm in heaven. I only wish I had some friends that shared my same passion for the outdoors near me... Embarrassed anyone wanna move in?....JK ~already have 2 friends with 2 dogs living here from Portland so its a full house.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinytoe
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006 09:49:58 AM »

I LOVE that first potting arrangement and would like to [copy  it  Wink] make a similar one. Heh. Could you tell me more about it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Phottix Atlas Wireless Flash Trigger Review and Tips
The History of Photography
The Difference Between Film and Digital Cameras
The Components of a Digital Camera
Understanding Digital Camera Functions
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...