A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,123
Currently Running With Scissors:
754 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First Project Post - This Time With Pictures!  (Read 1184 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rachel.in.rainbows
« on: July 28, 2006 09:08:40 AM »

Okay.  I've been on craftster for quite a while now, but this is my first project post.  I don't have a digital camera, which is probably why this is so delayed.  Sorry in advance if the pics don't work... I've never done this before...

I love cross stitching!  I've been cross stitching since I was probably 10 or 11, and I'm 16 now.  Some of the things I'm posting are quite old, and don't really do me justice. The things you are about to see are going to be, well, lame.  The pictures don't do them justice as I had to use a scanner.  Anyways, regardless of the shoddy conditions, here they are.

All of the designs are from kits, not my own patterns, which of course makes this more lame.

This penguin was a bit odd because it hardly fit in the frame that came with it... :S Regardless, it is next to a POG to show how tiny it is.

This one looks particularly shoddy because that blurry junk around the edges is actually lace, but the scanner didn't quite pick up on that.  Again, compared to a pog.  This one has some cotton stuffed into it though.  Where as the penguin is flat, this one is puffy!  Cheesy

The Giraffe is all half stitches... POG to compare.  The next two are roughly the same size as the giraffe.

This cow is done completely in half-stitches.

The kitty is also half-stitches.  I love the 'strand' of yarn that is trailing across!

Again, these are some poor examples of what I can do, but hey... it's what I found!

I'm currently working on a much larger project, which I will be sure to steal a friend's camera and post pics for when it's done.  (Don't hold your breath!)  It is a rather large Noah's Ark scene.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
givemegrace

She's electric!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006 09:16:30 AM »

My favorite is the cow jumping over the moon.  It's adorable! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaughingLark
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006 09:23:29 AM »

I love the cow and the giraffe! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006 11:31:27 AM »

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meowsley

Meow....I'm one stitchin' kitten!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006 02:16:58 PM »

They're all so cute, great job! I love cross stitching, I was bit by the embroidery bug for a while, but I'm back at the little "x"s now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No Cookies No Peace!!
Monsters aren't Pansies!!
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006 02:21:17 PM »

Same!  I tried embroidery, but I just find cross stitching so much more enjoyable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wopsy
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006 06:41:54 PM »

Hey pinky -

The kits you buy do tend to be lame, although they are much better now than when I started stitching as a kid! (Back then, it was pretty much flowers,
scottie dogs or pudgy-cheeked Indian kids)  However, they're good for mastering the basics and of course, getting hooked on stitching.  And the
other good thing about lame bought kits is, once you get sick of doing them, it drives you to start designing your own stuff, and that's when things really get creative.  So keep at it, and good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Outernational inlaw.  Oh, I'm crafty, all right.
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006 03:34:51 PM »

The kits you buy do tend to be lame

Well, I don't buy them any more... These are from about three years ago.

once you get sick of doing them, it drives you to start designing your own stuff, and that's when things really get creative.  So keep at it, and good luck!

I do some of my own designs sometimes, unfortunately nothing is very scanner friendly and as my digi cam is non existant, I am forced to show these lame creations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold the Longest-Flying Paper Airplanes
How to Make a Paper Hat
World-Renowned Origami Artist Brings Iconic Music Artists to Life
How to Make a Paper Boat
How to Make an Origami Box
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...