A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,093
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Straight Doll Swap (Signup closed, send by September 4th)  (Read 2748 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

merwing

Push the button Frank.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004 06:16:23 AM »

I got mine last week too from dixie_terror, an awesome "dark fairy" complete with vinal wings and a corset!! Very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tam
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004 04:43:35 PM »

Smiley this is great to hear the happiness in receiving your dolls.  i can't wait till i get mine..
 Grin
tam
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!
tam
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2004 10:46:36 PM »

Smiley hi everybody! just a short note to remind those who haven't sent their dolls yet that tomorrow(4/8/04) is mailing date.  if anyone needs more time or has already sent it please let us know through a post or pm if you haven't already.
 Grin
tam 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tam
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2004 04:53:58 PM »

hi everyone! just wondering how everyone is going. has anyone els received their doll yet..
 Grin
tam
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hotgluegungal
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2004 08:11:24 PM »

i got my dolls today from christy and they rawk! The little small one freaks everyone out...so I love it even more! I have it hanging from the drawstring on my ceiling fan.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tam
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2004 06:14:13 PM »

Smiley hi everyone! just dropping al ine to see how everyone is and if they have received their doll and were they happy and for those who haven't received please let me know.
tam
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tam
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2004 06:01:17 PM »

:)hi everyone! i'm hoping this picture works!

Grin
tam
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004 06:03:13 PM by tam » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tam
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2004 01:15:09 AM »

Angry  it would be nice if some people had the courtesy to let me know if they received their doll,  being an organiser for a swap is not free, and it really annoys me when i check to see if i have any replies and some haven't even the courtesy to reply.  thanks for the experience but i will not be an organiser as there is to many people who just don't appreciate it...
tam
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princess_me

You can't make me grow up!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2004 04:14:42 AM »

i am sorry. i thought i posted that i got my doll. well i got it and i love it. i got it in september....actually i got it the day i left to leave town due to hurricane ivan. again i am sorry i thought i had posted that i got my doll. i will take a pic soon
THIS ROCKS   Logged
metamurph
Lifeguarding the gene pool!

Blinkie worm!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2004 06:46:11 AM »

Angry  ...being an organiser for a swap is not free...

I'm not being snarky - this is bona fide curiosity.

What kind of swap did you organize?  Huh  Straight swaps don't cost the organizer anything but time and postage for the one package you sent out - or did I miss something when I organized the one I did?

Granted, I wasn't a very good organizer - my own poor partner had to wait an extra two weeks for a doll because the arthritis in my hands was giving me fits. But the only other expense I had was COMPLETELY my choice, and didn't have to be done: I sent "Grab Bag Boxes" of random craft supplies to the two people in my group whose partners very rudely stiffed them. I hate for anyone to be left out.

I can totally understand if you had everyone send the stuff to you then you have to turn around and send it back out. From what I'm seeing now though, those swaps are generally frowned upon. But otherwise I'm kind of wondering what the great expense is if you're an organizer.

I intend to organize something again at some point. It was fun, and I enjoyed participating. Also, maybe it would be helpful for others to post caveats from their own experiences as organizers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need a sewing pattern? Check out my Etsy:

http://singlebutcrafty.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jerry Saltz Shows His Favorite Paintings
Andy Warhol: The Last Decade Exhibit Tour
Paints On Ceiling
Chains
An Olympic Athlete Who Is Also an Artist
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...