A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jeans  (Read 7348 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meowgirl789
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009 07:59:42 AM »

My mom made two of the heaviest, warmest quilts with jeans. They were basically just strips of different jean colors sewn together, backed with polar fleece (they might have cotton batting inside) and tied in different color yarns. They are the quilts I try to take home with me every time I visit the fam!

That's a good idea, but i don't have quite that many. Oh well. I could always wait....... *imagines the awesome quilt i could make* Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alorralora
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009 10:41:12 AM »

I saw a picture somewhere that used the bottoms of jean legs to make one of those over the door fabric shoe holders.  I have a shoe holder (not DIY, but did get it at Goodwill) that holds ten pair of shoes, but you wouldn't have to make it that large,  maybe 3x4, so to hold 6 pairs would work.  So, for 6 pairs of shoes, that means if you split each leg at the seam, you'd need 3 pairs of jeans.  I thought I may try this myself, as my daughter is a shoe hog and I have lots of these legs from when I made my son a quilt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST it up babee...WIST and shout!!
http://www.wists.com/alorralora
meowgirl789
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009 05:34:37 PM »

I saw a picture somewhere that used the bottoms of jean legs to make one of those over the door fabric shoe holders.  I have a shoe holder (not DIY, but did get it at Goodwill) that holds ten pair of shoes, but you wouldn't have to make it that large,  maybe 3x4, so to hold 6 pairs would work.  So, for 6 pairs of shoes, that means if you split each leg at the seam, you'd need 3 pairs of jeans.  I thought I may try this myself, as my daughter is a shoe hog and I have lots of these legs from when I made my son a quilt.

an interesting thought.... but i already have a shoe holder... (not DIY either)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scareplane
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009 07:03:51 PM »

I started a a little purse from a pair of mine.  I took a quilt square and used as a lining and in the process of making a little purse - no zipper or anything maybe velcro closure and beads or knit handle etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meowgirl789
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2009 05:52:00 AM »

I started a a little purse from a pair of mine.  I took a quilt square and used as a lining and in the process of making a little purse - no zipper or anything maybe velcro closure and beads or knit handle etc.

An interesting thought. It made me think of wallets, and how cool it would be to make my jeans into a wallet. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jeniferpi

crafting completes me

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009 03:45:54 AM »

because it's a heavier fabric, you can use them along with typical stuffing for stuffies to give them a more floppy feel. Just shred the denim into thin strips and mix well with your usual stuffing then stuff away. It's a different kind of feeling for the stuffie but it's really nice and durable, safe material and usually free!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/jeniferpi

50 in 2010

I <3 photography-punk rock-tattoos-cooking-Martha Stewart-skateboarding
Jonisen
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009 04:50:23 AM »

I made a rug out of jenaslegs. I cut in long stripes of 1 cm, then chroching them to a circular rug.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meggageg
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009 12:13:45 PM »

I've turned my jeans into a wallet! I have gotten so many compliments on it! That is a really good idea.

My idea is something I saw in the grocery store. I think its awesome. It was a coolie cup with jean material covering it. It was actually the pocket of the jeans but I think it would look cool with just jean material and then embellish it with a saying or buttons etc etc
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think that the most important thing a woman
can have - next to talent, of course - is her hairdresser. - Joan Crawford
meowgirl789
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2009 10:14:47 AM »

I've turned my jeans into a wallet! I have gotten so many compliments on it! That is a really good idea.

My idea is something I saw in the grocery store. I think its awesome. It was a coolie cup with jean material covering it. It was actually the pocket of the jeans but I think it would look cool with just jean material and then embellish it with a saying or buttons etc etc

oooo now i want to go make one Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soapwytch
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009 07:02:22 AM »

Jean pant legs make really cute aprons. Smiley

Cut off legs, open one side seam on each leg and also cut off the double seam, sew the 2 legs together together. The widest end is the bottom of the apron. Add neck ties and waist ties. I didn't hem the outside edges of mine so it has the frayed look. I used back pockets from an old pair of jeans and added pockets to the apron. And I used the cut off double seams to make my neck and waist ties.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Classic Chignon Tutorial
3 Hairstyles for Short Hair
How to Create a Low and Messy Ponytail
How to Do a Braided Bun
Hair Tyrant: Putting Your College Style Behind You
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...