A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 303,176
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: selling "used" jewelry  (Read 1937 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: August 02, 2009 09:16:48 PM »

My daughter and I were discussing the question of selling "used" jewelry.  We are talking about pieces that I've made and worn a few times.  This came up because one of my colleagues really, really wanted a necklace that i was wearing.  I told her that I had worn it a few times and interestingly, she had given me the main bead components of this necklace for my birthday.  Funny, that she liked it much more than I did.  I wanted to give it to her, but she gave me $$.

So, my example is different, but what do you think about selling pieces that have been worn?  I've heard of folks selling the piece off their neck.

Personally, I don't think I'd want to buy a "used" piece.  I wear family heirloom jewelry, but that's different.

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009 07:58:02 AM »

To be honest it doesn't bother me at all. Unless it's a sensitive item (underwear or something similar) or if it's really gross and old looking, I don't mind. I come in contact with grosser things than other people's bodies, so if I like something that someone's wearing and it's for sale, why not?

FLUXXII.COM: online consignment for indie artists
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009 08:13:02 AM »

good point ... thanks. 

Viva Handmade!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009 01:04:10 PM »

I think selling necklaces you've "test driven" is okay.  I would be grossed out if someone was selling earrings they've already worn, but that might just be me.  I know you can clean the earring posts, but the idea still gives me the heebie-jeebies.
Maker of Things.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009 10:27:48 AM »

I usually test drive most of my necklaces and bracelets.  If nothing else, it gives me the peace of mind that the piece will survive being worn.  I'm quite a clumsy person, so if it makes it through me in one piece, it can survive almost anything!  With earrings, I tend to keep them simple and not do any bead weaving or anything with them, so I just take a chance and triple check all  jump rings!   Cheesy

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rainbow Nail Art Featuring Sophy Robson
7 Decades of Prom Dresses in 30 Seconds
Birchbox May 2015: Sample Choice and Birchbox Plus Reveal
Red Carpet Ready: Katy Perry Smokey Eye Makeup
Best Celeb Beauty Looks Of The Week
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...