A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 316,593
Currently Running With Scissors:
268 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: mask invitations for a friend  (Read 989 times)
Tags for this thread: mask  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ASUcraftster
« on: July 26, 2006 06:14:34 PM »

Hello all! This is my first craft related post on Craftster so please forgive me if something's not right!
Anyway, one of my dear friends is moving away soon so myself and another friend are throwing her a going away party. We were going to make it a surprise, but her mom is getting married so we wanted to make sure she would be there! We asked her what kind of party she wanted and she said, "A costume party!" I love to make cards and things like that, so I offered to make the invitations. Little did I know what I was getting into! I asked her to write up a list of people that she wanted to invite and send it to me... Over 50 people! I had already decided on an idea and I only have a week to finish this project, so I went with my originial idea: masquerade masks with the information on the back.

Here's some pictures of my favorite ones so far!

I had gotten a gift card to Michael's and finally decided to put it to use. I bought some flat backed gems, feathers, and 7 large foam sheets. I also found this pair of sunglasses that had the perfect shape for the masks, so I bought those too. I tore off the foam on the sunglasses and traced the pattern on each of the foam sheets. Then I cut all the patterns out and used a craft knife to cut out the eye holes. I have a lot more to do!
And I'm not really sure on how to add the information on the back. I was thinking of adding a popsicle stick to the side and writing "you're invited!" on it. But for where, who, why things... I'm not sure where to put those! Any insight would be great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"there are moments like this, moments you want to hold onto forever, but they're always gone when you realize how great they are. not this one, though. i know right now i want this one to last as long as it can; so i can stay here, barely breathing."
jADErAVEN

Stop Whispering, Start Shouting

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006 02:36:33 PM »

its a neat idea... good luck trying to finish up the invitations.... the only thing i can really think of is if you maybe write all the info down on a piece of paper and roll it up and attach it to the mask? or maybe make another feather out of construction paper or something and attach it to the mask and write the info on there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"leave your body and soul at the door"
.:.Lola.:.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006 03:01:35 PM »

Those are sweet! That be a really fun invite to get!
As for hte information- Why dont you just write it on the back of the mase in sharpie? If they wear the mask they wont see it anyway *nods* Thats what i would do- But i liek the "Your invited" on the popsicle stick too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps! PM me if you would be interested!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/crazylola/
Wists: http://www.wists.com/CrazyLola
Shop: http://lolaboehme.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...