A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: X-mas gifts for snooty family members Helppppp...  (Read 7316 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2006 01:08:15 PM »

you could  do the  candles or  soaps then amke  some  special raffia ties with handemade  labels  with some fake  name on them  so  she  thinks  shes  getting the  best of the best.... LOL  and with the  effort  you are  adding in  it is the  best of the best.... my sis in law has  EVERYTHING!  so I decided  this year I am getting some of her favorite VHS movies  again  but on DVD  this time ..... simple and its not home made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
kacarrol
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2006 03:57:06 PM »

What about jelly made with wine? It seems pretty snooty to me, but tastes so good!

I've never made it myself (I just buy it from craft shows) but a quick google pulled this up:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/wine-jelly/detail.aspx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2006 04:50:23 PM »

Very cheap & they look oh so expensive. Embelished towels.....
http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=3731721

Look around for an outlet mall or some kind of bedding warehouse they are everywhere. Then hit the dollar bin at Wal-Mart or the remnants at a fabric store. You don't need much so you can use remnants & if you get a discount on a fabric with a running flaw you can cut around it.

If it was me I would go to a thrift store & buy her a velvet elvis painting with a gold frame just to see her reaction. I bet she would appreciate the stuff you make after that year.

or buy her husband some plyers & attach a note that says "to remove the stick" & see if he can guess what it means.

Ok I'm mean, people like that don't last long in my family.You can come spend x-mas with us....1/2 our presents are gag gifts & food  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stoliedina
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2006 09:00:19 AM »

I have a large family and this is what I do for different households. Every household gets an handmade ornament, candle, cookies, and this year I will be making Limoncello - a lemon liqueur that is super easy to make. You can definitely find the recipe online. If she's so snooty she won't appreciate the ornament/cookies/candle SKIP IT. Make the Limoncello. Get her drunk and maybe she show her appreciation hahahaha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
liebschien

"Do or do not - there is no try." - Yoda

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2006 07:49:41 AM »

Thank you for the recipe, Susie! It looks fantastic and I will try it very soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stick

"I'm Only Good At Being Young"

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2006 05:55:26 PM »

Thank you thank you thank you for this link!  I bought the cutest little snowman containers just knowing I would find a christmas goodie to put in them.  Now I can relax, these pretzel treats will be awesome!  Grin

<<<edited to remove image from quote - please remember to remove IMG tag when quoting ~ Thanks!>>>
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006 06:12:48 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stick Officially Has Wists!
http://www.wists.com/appstatestick/all
westcoastribbon
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2006 01:42:04 PM »

Awesome advice!!!!

The best advice I can give you is make something with alot of love and screw her if she can't see what a wonderful thing it is to have someone care enough to make her something. You can't please everybody- especially the ones who don't want to be pleased. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set Flash Function
Canon G10: Set Exposure Compensation Function
Canon G10: Set Delete Function
Canon G10: Set Auto Mode Function
Canon G10: Set Aperture Priority (Av) Function
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...