A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,655
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap!  (Read 21842 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2006 02:04:11 PM »

LOL! You are a true Craftster swapper now!
I always say "My friend made it".

me too! it's too much work to explain to most people Wink

Ha Ha!! mee tooo!!!

We still have a couple of people that haven't received.

Please make sure that you PM me and stifflersmom when you receive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
TurtleGrrrl

watch out for honu!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2006 03:37:01 PM »

awww we're no longer swap virgins ::sniff:: I've already signed up for another!  But I will always remember you fondly, newbie swappers  Cry and hopefully I will get to swap with you in the future!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are two sides to a trumpeter's personality.  There is the one that lives only to lay waste to the woodwinds and strings, leaving them lying blue and lifeless along the swath of destruction that is the trumpeter's fury.  And then there's the dark side.

http://www.wists.com/turtlegrrrl
tigercub_wabbit
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2006 03:40:02 PM »

my mom told me that they got a message the package is waiting in the post office, hopefully she'll have time tomorrow to go by and pick it up... i can't wait......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babychel
McTavish: the tiniest kitty in all the land

Yep, that is a tissue box ...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2006 06:14:42 PM »

Ha ha that's so funny - today I taped the two paper cranes up to the top of my desk and everyone's like, did you make those - to which I just said my friend made them!  And then I proceeded to tell them about the Story of Sadako and how the cranes are going to create peace in the office, maybe ...

Instead of explaining a crafty swap etc I judt said my friend made it for me. (so curlygirl guess that makes you my friend mwahaha )
LOL! You are a true Craftster swapper now!
I always say "My friend made it".
me too! it's too much work to explain to most people Wink

I love my new friend!  Thank you so much Twigzie29! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
~Threadless

wisty goodness
miss-a-achoo
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2006 07:22:26 PM »

Yay!!! Posting Pics Time!!!!!  Finally! Tongue

My sincerest aplogies to Evil_Abbe for not getting these up earlier - but life's been pretty hellaciously hectic.  And if you need better pics than what I have, let me know and I will try, try again!

Without further ado, here is the incredible swap stuff I got from Evil_Abbe!

Here's the group all together  Grin it consists of the totally kick ass bat bag, the also totally kick ass vinyl clown bag, a lovely Kiki's Delivery Service hand bound book, and goodies like the hilariously cute Indian pencil case, super cute nostril squirting dino toy (it's still in it's package in the pic...so it's hard to see), and a Napoleon Dynamite notepad - how'd you know I liked Napoleon Dynamite? 

detail shots: Bat bag!!!

OMFG!!! I never type that, but this deserves it!  I love this bag - it's not only the perfect size, masterfully made, but c'mon, it has a freaking laughing bat on it!  The bat and "ha's" are painted in silvery metallic-y paint, so excuse the crazy sun lighting, but i found it was best for photographing it for the detail it deserved, yet, avoiding glare-ishness. It's already become my new bag, by the way, and everyone loves it.  It's also reversable (sp?) in case I was feeling floral-esque, but I don't think I have the heart to hide my bat... It makes me wanna sing the batman theme song but with "bat bag" instead, a la Homer Simpson.  Cheesy

Here's a quick shot of the inside:

Then as if one awesome bag wasn't enough, I got a super freaking cool bag made out of vinyl, but I just now realized i forgot to take a pic of the just as great inside....  Cry :

I adore this purse.  My boyfriend particularly liked this of all my swap goodies.  it accompanied me out and about over the weekend.  I'm ticked that I forgot to take pics of the inside.  Tongue It's black fabric with gold lame skulls all over it, and it has a heart appliqued on the inside. If I'm not mistaken, it will work as a reversible (sp?) bag but the inside out version is a clutch instead of a handbag. Anyway, it's awesome too.  I'm so glad I got someone who makes such cool bags - I sucks at them, and I totally wanted one, but two?!?! And again with their coolness - unbeatable. I just got really super lucky  Wink

Here's the Kiki book, which is totally cute, and despite what Evil_Abbe thinks, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.  This was the project she claimed that was bad, but I'd get it anyway.  Whatever - it's great! I think it's really well bound, especially considering that I remember trying to bind books the same way, and my first tiem looks, uh, well, um, it'll never be posted here, let's just say   Wink Anyway, I'm a big Miyazaki fan, so I was happy to get this.  I actually don't have any Kiki stuff, but now I do, so there! Where did you get the image for the cover on such a heavy card stock?  if your computer printed that out, that's really nice....

here's a close up of my random goodies.  The dino is cute, and it's handy for freaking my cat out by squirting it towards her.   Smiley the notepaad has found a home at work, because I was in dire need of a notepad that was not a small stack of post its. And it's obviously not anyone else's, so they can't steal it. I love the pencil case, and you didn't know but I have a bit of a collection of foreign pencil cases, so it's a perfect addition. I love the packaging, so I took close ups, 'cuz it's too funny...at least to me.  Cheesy

Soooo, that's what I got!! I'm extra lucky special, because I gots me a talented crafty clever partner with a very similar sense of humor, so that was a spectacular plus.  AND I got to meet her, and her man, and they were both really cool and a pleasure as dining company. Thanks so much again to Evil_Abbe, and to Stifflersmom and Animegirlie for organizing this swap.  I loves me my swap goodies!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miss-a-achoo
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2006 07:26:31 PM »

Oh, and I'm going to wait until this thing gets to be on page 16 before I post the pics of my stuff I gave Evil_abbe, so that I'm not creating one super vortex picture crazy image heavy page (as if it's not already, right?).  Is that ok?   Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2006 07:41:41 PM »

ooh, i love kiki's delivery service.  what a cool idea Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunnySparkler
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2006 09:54:22 PM »

That clown purse is very cool. I don't even like clowns, but I can appreciate the craftswoman-ship that went into making it. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And here we have some boondoggle key chains. A must-have for this season's fashion"
Evil_Abbe
« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2006 01:12:18 AM »

Hehe...the Miyazaki picture is a backer card from my work.

REMEMBER KIDS, NO TAKING BACKER CARDS WITHOUT ASKING!  We have extras of the recent movies so ask your local BBV clerk when they are NOT busy if they can check.  If you ask for a specific older movie you'll probably get rebuffed though.  The ones on the shelves are **needed** to keep things neat and tidy.

NEAT AND TIDY, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

/rant

Anywho.  I was soooooo nervous about the laughing bat bag.  I can't draw or paint worth poopy and I did both for that bag.  Pretty satisfied with it though.

(still working on your extra pressie)

That clown purse is very cool. I don't even like clowns, but I can appreciate the craftswoman-ship that went into making it. Wink

thanks miss sunnyspark!  Its made from a kid's craft apron. the pockets for brushes and stuff are on the other side.

and a Napoleon Dynamite notepad - how'd you know I liked Napoleon Dynamite?

Of course you like Napoleon Dynamite!  I like it...thus you must.   Wink
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006 01:39:37 AM by Evil_Abbe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

miss-a-achoo
« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2006 03:17:18 PM »

Evil_Abbe - I had my suspicions that the cover of that book was related to your place of work... Smiley

Anywho, now I'm going to post the pics of what I made and gave to Evil_Abbe.  So, here we go:

Here it all is all snuggling together.

We have: A Squid mirror (her #1 request was for artowrk for her walls, and her #3 was for soemthign functional but cool and unique, so I combined them and came up with this...), 2 brooches (my "specialty" tends to be jewelry, but Evil_Abbe doesn't do the necklace/earring thang, but she said she loves brooches, so this is what I came up with), a dino hand bound book, a set of comic book hero magnets (as per her favs, and then I had to throw in a Nightcrawler for good measure), and a set of coasters I got from her wist, and I thought they'd be super easy, but they were not, 'cause I dumb. Oh and a weekly world news featuring a T-Rex, her fav dino.  It also has a great article about the 10 most popular people in heaven.  Cheesy

Here's a detail of the squid mirror:

Evil_Abbe, as for caring for this, it's acrylic paint, but it hasn't been sealed.  If you need to clean the mirror, I would spray glass clean on a rag, and just do the main mirror part.  If you need to get the nooks, then maybe q-tips... For cleaning the squid, I suggest just a cloth rag lightly dampened with water.  Wink

Here's the skull brooch:

I made the skull from super sculpey, baked, and painted it, and sewed on the beads to a pre-existing, empty setting-ed brooch. I didn't bother with a closse up of the dino brooch, because I made it under the influence of beer, and it caused both me and the boyfriend much laughter, but it's not craftster close up worthy, in my opinion. Oh and that dino was a part of a glow in the dark set of dinos labeled "glow in the dark space stuff" I got from my boyfriend - he said he got them at World Market.

Here's the dino book and the coasters:

BTW, the coasters were sprayed with krylon matte sealant on the top, (plus all that mod podge) so they should be good to go, but if you're wary, feel free to spray them again.

And the magnets:

that's it - Ta daa!!! I had a blast making this stuff.  I'm really glad Evil_Abbe liked it so much, and I'm glad I got a chance to snap the pictures, and I'm also glad I got a chance to finally post them.  Wink  Methinks I have to make myself a squid mirror someday.
 Grin 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Teaching Art Students Creative Career Skills
How Curiosity Stimulates Creativity
Strange Taxidermy Art Back From The Dead
March 17th: Hit Song Hangover
Noisemakers On Noisevox: The Kissaway Trail
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...