A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
443 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Swap!  (Read 22188 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babychel
McTavish: the tiniest kitty in all the land

Yep, that is a tissue box ...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2006 04:49:55 PM »

Those gloves are beautiful moazogoti! 

madness, what are chainmail bracelets?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
~Threadless

wisty goodness
MADness323
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2006 05:00:29 PM »

madness, what are chainmail bracelets?

Grin Chainmail is that protective clothing knights and stuff would wear in medieval times.

Thats an example of Dragonscale, which my bracelets are made of. (its really thick) My boyfriend is one of the best chainmail makers around this area. He made these for me, and he made my mom a thin peice that she can take off. Mines about 4 rows of dragonscale. We're both Rennies (dorks who's lives revolve around Renaissance Faires.)

*still dancing around dorkishly*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And the earth was without form or glory.

MissGobby.etsy.com
PuNkY*BrAtZtEr
professional shooter/natural born brat

who says wings aren't an accessory?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2006 05:09:33 PM »

MADness323 those are cool! I'd seen something like that before but didn't know what it was called... lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2006 05:57:10 PM »

you guys are making such great stuff!!! I can't even begin to list all the stuff I like!!! WOW WOW WOW!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
gumshoegal
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2006 06:04:26 PM »

i want to thank kitkabbit again.  i loved everything especially the cd case. thanks again for posting pics for me. one of my little darlings
crashed my computer. i really enjoyed crafting for you. Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snowsculpture
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2006 08:51:27 PM »

my partner, dorcas, has been very busy this week, so of course i offered to post pictures of what i set to her.  here goes...

Knitted handbag inspired by the Margaret Nicole cableknit bags that are oft' read about here on craftster.  It's lined with a light pink fabric.  The pink crochet flower on it is a pin.

Knitted slub cotton headscarf.

A tin covered with polymer clay and lined with felt.

Some snail and cow hairpins.

John Deere earrings.

Rainy day earrings.

dorcas, i hope you get un-busy soon (so you can join more swaps, hehe).  i'm so glad you liked everything.    Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dorcas
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2006 09:16:45 PM »

Aren't you all jealous of my awesome stuff Wink My partner did an awesome job didn't she? You can't see it in these pictures but she wrote Newbie's Only Swap Summer-2006 in the lid of that cute tin and drew some awesome pictures on the earring cards. I wish I could draw good. But that's what swap partner's are for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my etsy shop! www.dorcas.etsy.com
myspace.com/dorcas4christ
miss-a-achoo
« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2006 10:34:38 PM »

yay!  i just received my awesomeness swap in person, and I'll be posting pics for the both of us soon.  I'm so tired now....must bed...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Evil_Abbe
« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2006 11:15:57 PM »

Duders, awesomeness abounds.  When ya'll see what miss-a-achoo made ya'll are all gunna be like "OMFG!  Killz Me With Great!!!!" and I'm gunna be like "Yeah, biznatches, thats all mine.  Wha?  You wanna fight?".

and I would win

but it would be long and bloody cause this stuff is the BEST.

- Squid Mirror

This is a lesson in "don't unwrap swap stuff in front of boyfriends because they snatch and immediately start demanding to know how things are done".  The detail on this is SOOOO ef'in nice and the eye is all like "woah...eye...where'd she get that?".  Its funny cause it reminded me of something I made you right at the beginning and then totally forgot about.  I'll send you that later this week.  Tongue

- Coasters

Straight off the wists, yo.  I love kitschy sooooooooo much and these made me soooooooooo happy.  I did have a question though, miss-a-achoo.  Should I put some sealer stuff on either these or the mirror?  I love both and want both to last as long as possible but I don't want to smear paint or anything.

- Magnets

Terribly cute little magnets with pictures of my favorite classic comic book characters (Miss-a and I are both comic dorks).  My favorite is the little boy in the costume.  They match perfectly with my fridge's uh...theme.  Big Justice League magnets, horror movie magnets, plastic letters and numbers, and food.  Oh!  And Barbie dress-up magnets.  I love magnets.  Its funny too cause these are like 920398428 times more useful.

- Bound book

This looks so good.   Embarrassed  Like seriously.  I was like "oh noes, of all the things for me to suck at!"  It has this dinosaur (I'm obsessed with T-Rex) paper that makes me giggle like mad every time I see it.  "GRRRRRR!!! ROAAARRR!!!"  hehehehhehehhehe

Girl, you could sell these and make a million bucks.

- Drunken Tyrannosaurus Rex Brooch

This was the first thing I pulled out and I squealed.  I totally have a plan for this.  Also, where did you get glow-in-the-dark dinos?!?!?!?

- Remarkably Girlie Skull Brooch

I really really really REALLY hope Miss-a took a close up detail shot of the skull.  Can't think of how to describe its raditude.

and a piece of fabric that makes me sort of think that our tastes are a little TOO alike because I collect "ugly" fabric that is beautiful and this qualifies perfectly.

THANK YOU SO MUCH MISS-A-ACHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twigzie29
« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2006 11:21:14 PM »

I love everything and this has been the best first swapping experience anybody could ever ask for! I can't wait to do my next swap!  And Twigzie, another possibly in our future?  

I too aspire to be a swap ho Stifflersmom!

Thanks Twigzie29!

i am so glad you like it ... the drawing is charcol(sp?)  btw and i did it myself!  i would def swap again with you babychel your stuff is amazing!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The world's a roller coaster and I am not strapped in.
Maybe I should hold with care, but my hands are busy in the air
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint Warhammer 40k Figurines
How to Paint Warhammer Figurines
DIY Save The Date Postcard
DIY Save The Date Photo Notecard
DIY Save The Date Calendar
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...