A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,093
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A mouse, a robot & a plan for world domination  (Read 1720 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

monoped
« on: July 26, 2006 01:12:44 AM »

I've been wanting to try my hand at illusion knitting to see how it worked. I found a pattern I liked at http://www.patricialillie.com/knits/robotsscarf.pdf & knitted it up with some scrap yarn.

Scruff was amazed that a robot could hide itself in a piece of knitting & quickly began devising a plan to take control of the planet.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2010 09:26:04 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkxplastic
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006 02:08:54 AM »

yay for robots!

cute mouse.  i love how he's rubbing his paws (are they called paws on mice??) together in an evil plot scheming way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkkittypiper
Bead Junkie

Can't cut a straight line to save my life...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006 02:53:13 AM »

ACK that mouse is naked!! Just kidding....

But seriously I am amazed at how knitters just pick up their scrap yarn stash and turn out all hese wonderful projects.  This was your first go at illusion knitting?  I think you aced it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where the wild things are is where I am most at home!
Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!!!
My wists: http://www.wists.com/pinkkittypiper
monoped
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006 03:08:12 AM »

ACK that mouse is naked!! Just kidding.... This was your first go at illusion knitting?  I think you aced it!!!

Hehehe yeah, he aint got no hair, just like me. Thanks, now I understand it I've got my first illusion idea...more about that later though. I think I'll make this test piece into a cushion or some such.

yay for robots!

cute mouse.  i love how he's rubbing his paws (are they called paws on mice??) together in an evil plot scheming way!

I think they're called paws, or maybe feet  Undecided. His pose made me think the same thing "Scheme scheme scheme, with my army of illusion-bots I will rule the WORLD Mwahahahaha".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchFIGHT
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006 03:22:49 AM »

That immediately reminded me of Pinky & The Brain Cheesy

I really need to try illusion knitting, but I don't have the patience to knit a whole scarf. It looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mwhite12
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006 08:48:23 AM »

I never thought I would think a hairless mouse is cute.  But that's pretty cute! Smiley  Cool robot - the illusion knitting seems interesting.  Would be fun to come up with some new designs....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SeeMe

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006 03:50:22 PM »

Haha, yeah, I got a total Pinky And The Brain vibe. He so totally looks like the Brain when he's doing tht... *giggles*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog Wist
Would like to swap for broken (torn) dollar bills! I have an idea and don't want to use "good" money!
"They aleady have a soda like that. It's called Soylent Cola."
"How is it?"
"Eh, varies from person to perso
monoped
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006 12:34:59 AM »

That immediately reminded me of Pinky & The Brain Cheesy

I really need to try illusion knitting, but I don't have the patience to knit a whole scarf. It looks great!

Gracias  Grin. I couldn't find any illusion dishcloth patterns to try, but this worked up pretty fast.

I never thought I would think a hairless mouse is cute.  But that's pretty cute! Smiley  Cool robot - the illusion knitting seems interesting.  Would be fun to come up with some new designs....

I've already had a request from a friend for a particular design on a scarf, so did a pattern up last night on excel, now I have to give it a test run.

Haha, yeah, I got a total Pinky And The Brain vibe. He so totally looks like the Brain when he's doing tht... *giggles*

I'll pass the love & Pinky comparisons onto the little fella. He'll proly even spare your lives LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

toothy
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006 07:28:04 AM »

Great scarf but I'm using your scarf as an excuse to communicate with your mouse.  You go mouse, may the cute inherit the earth!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lid89

the love of my life is a toy horse

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006 11:35:30 AM »

lol. this picture is so friggin' cute.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion Expert Marcy Guevara Gives Us Style Tips For Plus Sized Women
Taylor Swift Rocks Out in Red on NYE
The Top Trends to Wear in 2013
Holiday Party Fashion Dos
How to Dress for the Office During the Summer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...