A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: leopard and bat laptop case w/ tute.  (Read 3401 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

helpmetonailyoudown
dicker junge kleiner

zombie powder

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2006 11:39:32 PM »

i had been planning on makeing a computer case for a while so i can take my laptop with me in september when i go to germany. i wasnt sure how to go about it and only found a couple things that said how but no pictures. so i pretty much went at this with little direction except that i knew what i wanted it to look like in the end. i had at start over a couple of times so i figured to help anyone else out with the same problem i made a tute. so here it is!

first of all heres a look at the finished product...well not totaly i havent put the strap on yet and i plan to bedazzel it (i just got a *gem magic!*) but this will give you an idea

first i put my computer on top of the fabric for measurements, i left about 2-3 inches on each side for extra roomyness

then i pinned the cushiony part(polyester batting)to the outside fabric then sewed it together

then i set that aside and made a pocket for the inside (its kind of hard to see becuase it blends in but its there!) and  it would have some elastic in it to keep the things from falling out but i couldnt find it

then i pinned the big plastic zipper(that could/should be longer)to the top part of the bag, folding both peices inward on either side so it would have finished looking edge

my kitten "helped me hold the fabric...and i put my computer on it tocheck the size again/placement of the zipper. i did this about a million times though out the whole process to make sure that it would fit

also i found it was easyer to pin the fabric on while it was unzipped if you do this make sure that you zip it back up before you go to sew it to make sure it is even  and attached right

and i dont know how to use a zipper foot so i just put the edge of the regular foot up to the zipper and kept it there really there was no reason to change it.

then after getting the top part of thezipper sewn i went on to pin the corner and edge of it (this was the only hard part of the bag, pinning thezipper on the curve)

then i sewed the rest of the space between the zipper together

and then ta-da! its done!

sorry there was so many pictures to that i got a little crazy but i hope it ends up being helpful to some one somehow Grin
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011 09:13:29 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
helpmetonailyoudown
dicker junge kleiner

zombie powder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006 11:42:52 PM »

its kind of like a sleeping bag
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunshine11112
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006 12:28:12 AM »

this is really helpful! I have an ultralarge laptop and it never fits in any standard case so i love how u made the zipper go all the way around the bag! I will have to do this before classes start in the fall! thanks for the great inspiration Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
helpmetonailyoudown
dicker junge kleiner

zombie powder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006 12:57:26 AM »

im glad i could help! i like the zipper too, its so you can be lazy and just flop the bag open and not have to actualy take the computer out
THIS ROCKS   Logged
srdesigns

extraordinarily stephanie!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006 02:06:38 AM »

cute bag, and why is it that kitties always think that they are helping when they aren't???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leesah
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006 10:42:59 AM »

That's really cute!  Love that bat fabric!  Thanks for the tutorial.. I'm gonna have to make one (on the smaller side) for my daughter's portable DVD player for when we go to India.

Leesah
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kixeldorado

Fabric and Yarn Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006 11:05:03 AM »

That looks like an incredible amount of work - but it came out great!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

On Ravelry as kdmay28, livejournal as kixeldorado

Phase one - collect underpants!
Phase two - ?
Phase three - PROFIT!
helpmetonailyoudown
dicker junge kleiner

zombie powder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006 10:51:49 AM »

im glad i could inspire some one and glad everyone likes it i added the straps today but dont have a pic. yet but i might post it sometime today
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leah8leah
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006 11:12:08 AM »

perfect! just perfect!
this is exactly what i needed for I am going to France for school in January...
thank you so so much  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AwesomeLikeCookies
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006 12:04:50 PM »

thank you!! where did u get the leapard print fabric? i love leapard print(even though i can barely spell it)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 5/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 6/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 3/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 8/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 4/30
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...