A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,608
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: foot petals???  (Read 962 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

huongandmatthew
« on: July 25, 2006 11:37:18 PM »

This sorta has to do with shoes.  I have shoes that I slip around in and would like to get foot petals for them.  I was wondering if maybe there was a diy version of foot petals.  I love these things but I'm a diy kinda gal and would rather make something then buy it.  I was thinking along the lines of adhering felt to the shoes but didn't think that was a good idea.  Is there a way to make your own shoe cushions or foot petals???
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blanketfriends
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006 02:06:02 PM »

this is exactly the question i came on to ask,as i am making my entire outfit for my friends wedding,and have a purple pair of shoes that will go perfectly.....but they are kind of uncomfortable,especially on the balls of the feet.I really have no money to spare at the mo,so i want to go DIY too.My (vague) idea is to use some of the leftover dress material(it's crushed velvet in contrasting pinky purple) i'm trying to figure out how to make something cushioned enough to be comfy,but not to bulky as i don't want to make the shoes too tight.
maybe we can combine ideas and come up with something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
huongandmatthew
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006 11:18:37 PM »

I was thinking something lightly padded (either sewn or whatever) and adhered to the shoes.  Or how about those gel bandaides???  I used regular bandaids for the heel when a new pair of shoes were digging into my heels. hmm...  I just don't want to do anything that will give me more blisters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blanketfriends
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006 09:52:31 AM »

ok i think i have it!
yesterday,i was visiting a friends house and she had been working on household sewing projects.She had made beautiful table mats(bare with me,there is a connection to shoes),to pad them out she had used"compressed volume fleece"  she was very kind and cut me off enough from her supply for me to make shoe padding with.It's not to thick,so can be used in a single layer,or folded into multiply layers(if the shoes were too big,for example)
My plan is to cut my desired shape,maybe use two layers,then make a cover from left over dress fabricto make nice little foot cusions.I was thinking of doing this in more of a full length cushion,rather than the foot petal shape that goes on the ball of the foot,but you could easily use the same principle.
Oh,and the compressed volume fleece comes from john lewis over here in the uk(not sure where you're from),it's probably available in larger sewing stores.
Let me know how it goes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Minute Portrait Retouch By Matt Kloskowski
Photoshop tutorial - Sharpening and Color
Storm of X-Men Photoshop Speed Painting
"Erase" Unwanted Object in Photoshop
DMQT #4 - Final Cut Pro - Working With Transitions
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...