A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,358
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: School chair back pocket **How are they after a year??-- page 3**  (Read 19301 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , template  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IamSusie
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006 09:37:56 PM »

It sounds like you work in a nice school!  When I go back to the classroom I think I'll do a better job organizing parents to help out with things like this. 

For now I'll be one of those sewing mom volunteers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snowsculpture
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006 11:25:54 PM »

hey, those are awesome... and so nice of you to make them.   Smiley  i bet they look really good in the classroom.  hehe, i think one on my deskchair would even be nice.  maybe then i would put so much on my desk.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Icemaiden
CSI addict!!

Annoy me...I'll set my pet sock,stripy, on you!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006 04:39:14 AM »

They look really good Smiley.I love the fabric too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall,ninety-nine bottles of beer.Swab one down,run it through CODIS,ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall"

"Would you mind if I took a picture for my bite collection?"
"Whatever rubs your Buddha."

"Don't touch me.I'm evidence
PinkingShears
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006 04:47:51 AM »

I think I'm going to make two for the (kitchen) chairs my kids use for homework!  It will be a great storage spot.  Thanks for the idea.

PS:  Yes, I do think that you should try to get parent volunteer sewers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tymichelle
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006 09:37:21 AM »

Thanks for all of the compliments.  I'm imagining the room will look cute with all of these on the chairs.  (When they get done, that is...)

hey, those are awesome... and so nice of you to make them.   Smiley  i bet they look really good in the classroom.  hehe, i think one on my deskchair would even be nice.  maybe then i would put so much on my desk.   Cheesy
I'll probably make one for my desk chair, but there's not a chance that my desk will be any cleaner because of it!!! Wink

It sounds like you work in a nice school!  When I go back to the classroom I think I'll do a better job organizing parents to help out with things like this. 

For now I'll be one of those sewing mom volunteers.

The school is great, you're right, and since last night when I realized that after two more hours of sewing I will have 12 done I have decided to send out an email as soon as I am sure that the back to school packet has gotten to them.  It was mailed Tuesday, so I think I'm in the clear.  I just want to make sure they got the class lists before I start begging for help.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss-Stitchdependent
Crafty is as Crafty Does

I dig skinny pale guys, no seriously I do

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2006 08:17:44 AM »

these are great! my mother teaches special education Pre K so Im afraid they wouldnt be much use to them . trapper keepers and such arent really used but Im sure we could mod if for her students I love it.
Miss-Stitch
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tymichelle
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007 10:47:12 PM »

Alright, so half a year down and the chair pockets are going strong.  Just thought I'd share with you how they look in the room and how well they are holding up.  There is only one where the fabric is coming out of the bias tape, and I am assuming that I simply did not make sure the fabric was tucked in correctly in the first place.  I plan on fixing it soon.
The parents and I both noticed how much the room brightened up with the chairs covered.  It looks really nice.
The students put only their binders (brought to and from school daily) and their DEAR books in the pockets.
As you can see, most of the nametags are long gone.  I should have used a wider ribbon and they would not have come untied so frequently.  Other than that, I have no complaints about the original design and am very happy to have them in my room!
Hope you enjoy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007 11:05:49 PM »

i LOVE that you have a bathtub in your class room... yaay!!! great way to keep kids as organized as possible with those cute pockets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
MsChilePepper
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007 01:00:49 AM »

OK, I simply *must* know what you do with the bathtub!

And now that I see the photos of the classroom, I don't have to wonder what the pockets are for anymore.  Silly me, I figured your students would sit at the sort of desks that had storage inside under a flip-up top.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I own power tools, and I'm not afraid to use them!
aedara
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007 08:45:10 AM »

Great idea!  And I have to add also- what's with the bath tub???   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop - Child of Glum
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Aedara
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Dutch Braid Hair
How to Do a Brasillia Nova
How to Do Beauty Pageant Hairstyles
How to Color Your Hair From a Box
How to Color Your Hair for Less
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...