A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,570
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Camouflage t-shirt... Remastered!  (Read 2261 times)
Tags for this thread: tee_recon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dace
Stitchy bitch

Making, learning, and making some more...

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2006 04:47:55 AM »

I was meant to go Airsofting (replica guns, BB bullets, running around a forest shooting each other for fun) last sunday, but it got cancelled because the only people who could drive us to Epsom all simultaeneously bottled out Sad
After I'd surgeried a tshirt for it, and everything!!

On the plus side, it's still there for next months trip Wink

I took an oversized camo tshirt, took it in at the sides, reshaped the collar (yeah! Plunge!), cut a chevron out of a navy blue tshirt and put it on the front (I guess that makes me a Private Wink ) and overstitched some diagonal lines near the bottom. I love it I love it! I can't wait to use it ^_^

Feedback welcome! This is my first ever tshirt reconstruction Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

liljinkss

Runs with scissors!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006 05:30:44 AM »

Holy crap! I love it! Actually I love anything camo hehe! I've been wanting to make a neckline like that for a while now.......you've just inspired me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blonenomore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006 05:36:50 AM »

That is awesome.  My husband plays airsoft too. 
I am not brave enough... but I think I will have to cut up a camo shirt now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"buckleberry ferry follow me..."
Dace
Stitchy bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006 06:06:37 AM »

Heh, I have a load of male friends who do Airsofting loads, and I got talked into it somehow. I'm not great with guns, but hey - it's just for fun!

liljinkss - I've always preferred low neck-lines, both front and back. Front because I have a fairly large bust and high necks look ridiculous on me, and back because otherwise my tattoo never sees the light of day! I overdid it a bit here, but there's nothing a camisole can't solve Wink

I have another camo tshirt lying around somewhere, in grey... I need to find it so I can do this again XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006 10:17:41 AM »

i like the shirt and the tattoo , is it winds in the proccess ?, i have tons of tattoos and iv really been wanting some type of wings on my back , any way nice recon it looks great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tardmuffin
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006 12:21:21 PM »

YAY AIRSOFT!   And awesome shirt. I'm rather jealous of you. (But I live next to an old overgrown farm type thing and in front of a marsh/forest, so I pretty much never need a ride to go play)
I may recreate your shirt, tis genius, and has a girly element that I'm definitely feeling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dace
Stitchy bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006 12:22:43 AM »

violentjayne - Thank you muchly =D Yus, they are my wingies. My tattoo that I gave to myself for my 18th birthday. I designed it myself, and I've already got a few more in mind. You can see the whole thing here ---> http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/shazkin/Misc/Tattoo2.jpg

tardmuffin - Jealousy! I wish we lived that close to a place that permits Airsofting. Alas, the closest is Epsom for us, which is about an hour away.
I did aim for this to be quite a feminine shirt, whilst not being too girly. Afterall, I wouldn't want to look frumpy while I shoot the crap out of everyone, would I? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tardmuffin
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006 06:08:38 AM »

tardmuffin - Jealousy! I wish we lived that close to a place that permits Airsofting. Alas, the closest is Epsom for us, which is about an hour away.
I did aim for this to be quite a feminine shirt, whilst not being too girly. Afterall, I wouldn't want to look frumpy while I shoot the crap out of everyone, would I? Wink
[/quote]
To be honest, I'm not so sure they officialy do allow it, but I live in a small town (about 48 kids in my graduating class) and the cops occasionally stop by my house for coffee or to pee (and I babysit for about half of them), so as long as you arent shooting at cars or pedestrians, they really dont care what you do. We have paintball wars at another kids house that's right on the main road through town, as long as no one calls in a complaint, they dont bother a good thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NathanielFletcher
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012 11:09:37 PM »

Your tee is really well done. Smiley I love your tattoo even better! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Expert Shares Quick Fixes For Common Fashion Emergencies
Forget The Beauty Aisle: Skin Fixes From the Fridge
6 Incredible Drugstore Beauty Buys You Need This Summer
Everyday Makeup Tips with Bobbi Brown
His and Hers Beauty Summer Essentials
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...