A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,238
Currently Running With Scissors:
727 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crocheted Celtic Pentacle-Now with Pattern!  (Read 26501 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Solitaire

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 24, 2006 11:19:00 PM »

Hi all .. I thought I would share a pattern that I designed yesterday ... Its a Celtic Pentacle rug for in front of my altar .. This is just the prototype .. the actual rug will be done with 3 strands of worsted to get the size I need ... this one measures 14 inches across... done with worsted and an I hook. I will most likely find a way to display it on the wall over my altar. Enjoy!

Crocheted Celtic Pentacle

Worsted yarn and an I hook
size 10 thread and hook of choice
or
Yarn and hook of choice

special stitch used: V-Stitch DC-ch1-DC

Chain 5 join with slip stitch to form ring.

Chain 3, 2dc in ring, ch 2, *3dc ch2 in ring, repeat from * 3 more times. Join with Sl St to top of ch3.
      Sl St into next dc, Ch4 dc ch2 v-st in same dc; ch 2, *  v-st ch2 v-st in middle dc of next 3dc group, ch2*. Repeat from * to * 3 more times, join with a sl st in the 3rd chain of beginning chain 4.
      Sl st into next dc, sl st into ch2 space, ch4 dc ch2 v-st in same ch2 space, * ch2, sc into next ch2 space, ch2, v-st ch2 v-st in next ch2 space*, repeat from * to * 3 more times, join with sl st to 3rd ch of ch4.
      Sl st in next dc and into ch space, ch4 dc ch2 v-st in same space, * ch3, sc in sc, ch3, v-st ch2 v-st in ch2 space of next point of pentacle* repeat from * to * 3 more times. Join with sl st to 3rd ch of ch4.
      Sl st to ch2 space, ch4 tr ch2 2tr in ch2 space, * ch5 sl st in Sc ch5, 2tr ch2 2tr in ch2 space of next point of pentacle *, repeat from * to * 3 more times, join with sl st to top of ch4.
      Sl st into ch2 space,3 sc in ch2 space of point, ch20, 3 sc in next point ch2 space around. Join to first sc, ch3.
      Dc in each sc and chain around. Join to top of chain 3. fasten off. Weave in ends.
      Chain 108, turn and dc 4th chain from hook across, fasten off .. cut yarn leaving a 9 inch tail.
      Using 5 safety pins (one for each point) attach end of strip to any dc at any point. Weave strip around using a safety pin at each point to secure strip. When strip is completely woven around, secure ends together and then make any necessary adjustments to strip in order for it to lay properly. Seam ends together, fasten off and weave in ends. With a long length of yarn, tack braid down at each point.
      Attach with sl st to any Dc at a point, ch 1, sc in next dc, chain 7 attach with sc in any dc in 1 ring of braid, ch 7 sc in 1 dc around, join with sl st to beginning. Chain 3
      dc in each stitch and sc around. Sl st to join **At this point, I secured the two braids with the dc whenever they touched, to make the piece more secure**
      ch3 and do another round of DC, join and fasten off

Blessed Be!
Solitaire ... 7/23/06 copyright
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011 11:37:43 AM by Solitaire - Reason: added picture back to post » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Craft, Therefore, I AM!  )O(
tigercub_wabbit
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006 11:22:49 PM »

This is BEAUTIFUL
I wish I could crochet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006 12:11:01 AM »

That's gorgeous!  I love it...and I feel the sudden urge to practice my crochet skills more...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Solitaire

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006 12:13:50 AM »

thank you for the compliments .. I truly enjoyed designing this .. and it didn't take too long ... if anyone is interested .. I have the pattern written out
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006 12:53:41 AM »

I am VERY interested! I am seeing this done in thread, interconnected and made into a beadspread...or to freak out my in-laws...or added to the horse blanket....

I <3 you....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames.com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
Solitaire

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006 02:59:24 AM »

shewolf ... I'm planning on doing them in thread .. stiffening them .. and hanging them from my Yule tree  ... I am going to try them in size 10, size 30 and sewing thread Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tigercub_wabbit
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006 08:23:19 AM »

I'd love a pattern, even tohugh I don't crochet... I might be able to use it somehow....
TIA Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006 08:43:13 AM »

A pattern would be wonderful!  It'd give me something lovely to work towards...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

impchild
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006 08:44:08 AM »

oooohhhhh!!!! pretty! i would definitely love the pattern... i have just the project for it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

momma to a 5yo drama king
ISO: purple/black/green yarn scraps (2yds or more), vintage hankies and a single fire opal bead.
knittinkitty

out of the box

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006 12:54:01 PM »

Oooh, add me to the list of beggin for pattern.  Cheesy That'll make a beautiful ornament in thread. (you say Yule, I say Christmas...*g*)  And I have a pagan friend who always likes to find a little pick me up surprise in her mailbox from me too...she'd love this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Knowing that I don't have control over things is not always exciting for me. But it's been reassuring to know that I don't need to have control. God has control." (Clay Aiken)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick Explosive Book Trailer
Bill McDermott, CEO of SAP, on the Key To Success
What Role Does Goal-Setting Play in Success?
The Pittsburgh Steelers Dynasty, Then and Now
Harriet Evans on the Book That Changed Her Life
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner
Monsters, Monsters Everywhere

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...