A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Voodoo Hoodoo Creepy Cute doll Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 21641 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Topolino
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2006 07:47:57 PM »

Well, according to UPS, jamesdean's doll should have arrived to her on Wednesday, but I haven't heard anything from her, so I'm gonna post photos anyway. 

She took a lot of time to do...especially the hand-sewing of the skirt with the cotterpins on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2006 07:57:43 PM »

oooo--I like it!! Very disturbing--in a good way, of course!!!  Tell us more please--what is the body--a recon?  How does it stand?  What is the skirt--I am working on one with a gauze skirt (like in rolled up bandage stuff!)--I would love to know more about the construction...wond erful doll topolino!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vtgirl
"Impossible sir, it's in Johnson's underwear."

Loves flow charts.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2006 08:12:23 PM »

Wow!  I second the need to know more about the logistics and what it's made of.  The shot of her face, or what you can see if it, is fascinating.  I totally have the desire to pick her up and study her more!
Great job Topolino!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're referring to the incident with the dragon, I was barely involved." ~ Gandalf

Twitter = sicavt
vtgirl

Loves flow charts.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2006 08:14:44 PM »

Oh I forgot to mention how great Damien is!!  I love the fact that he's kind of geenie-like at the bottom instead of having feet.  (and i have to say it, he is kinda cute  Wink sorry Damien, maybe you'll grow out of it)
What a fantastic first swap Avril222!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're referring to the incident with the dragon, I was barely involved." ~ Gandalf

Twitter = sicavt
Topolino
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2006 07:05:58 AM »

Thanks you two!  Cheesy

She would also be considered a recon.  I bought this wooden victorian doll and spray painted her off-white.  Decoupaged some newspaper on her.  Sewed on a skirt.  I'm not sure the name of the fabric I used but it's like a really light, soft, loosely woven burlap.  Stitched permanent "wrinkles" into the skirt and stitched antique cotterpins to the underside of each wrinkle.  Made some arms for her out of eye screws and floral wire.  The mask is made from shrinky-dink plastic (cut three times too big, baked, and then immediately pressed against her face to make it the right shape), covered in double stick tape, and dipped in clear microbeads.  Cut a floral butterfly in half and glued it to her (jamesdean expressed a love for "wicked fairies" so that's what I was going for).  Painted her hair, eyes, and mouth.  She came attached to the metal base when I bought her.

She's pretty fragile.  That's why I had the people at Mail Boxes Etc pack her.  I was nervous.

I love all the other doll so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2006 07:13:17 AM »

Shrinky dink, eh?  Now that is a novel idea!!!  I am not familiar with microbeads either but I am interested now!!!

I love writing down new techniques to try and since I am new at recon, I love learning how to make such changes!!  I have over 20 dolls of all sizes and shapes to experiment on--you have given me so much info!!  I absolutely love this one--very off center (hee hee--like me!)

I think the arms disturb me the most--reminds me of tree branches reaching out to grab you...ewwww
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vtgirl

Loves flow charts.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2006 03:20:20 PM »

So.
I just got back from A.C. Moore and JoAnn Fabrics and decided it was time to stop slacking and post pictures of the most excellent dolls my hubby and I recieved from Alwaysinmyroom.
Without further ado, I would like to introduce......

Thalia and Leta!

Both are representations of "good vibes".
I told you you would be jealous  Wink

Thalia (ta-li-a) represents the desire for peace in all aspects of our lives and the world.  Her pendant says peace and her earrings are hearts with peace symbols. 

Leta (lay-ta) is my big tropical mama full of love and laughter!  She has the best beaded seashell necklace, earrings and a bracelet and her dress is so tropical.

Did you happen to notice the most awesome hair on both of them!!!!  It's fantastic!  Unfortunately my cat thinks it is as well and so both the dolls have to be kept up high and out of his reach.

I could go on and on about how much I love these dolls but I'll restrain myself.  Wink  Thank you SO much Alwaysinmyroom for a wonderful swapping experience.  My faith in swapping has been restored (didn't have such a great first experience) and I'm well on my way to being an addict!!!!
Please, if you have more/better pics post them.  I just know I didn't do them justice.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Twitter = sicavt
ChloeisCrazy
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2006 03:30:35 PM »

both those dolls are awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
devilninny

isnt he adorable?

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2006 03:40:31 PM »

the pictures were worth the wait!  beautiful!  i would love more detailed closeups of all these dolls!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2006 04:35:05 PM »

Ha ha--they were fun to make and there were a few harrowing moments (like the dog running off with Thalia's leg so I had to make another one but could not get it to "match"...)--you guys are not going to believe it, but I actually used up yarn that I have been stashing for years!!!  Finally had a use for it!!

I am so glad the hoodoo's were posted first as I do not want anyone to get the wrong idea once the voodoo one is posted, ha ha!!

Thalis was actually kinda inspired by teddybearbones (I love her mohawk!!)  but the yarn was too cool to cut, so I just kinda shaped it a bit like a mohawk--hee hee

I am going to work on figuring out how to make them stand because right now, everything I make has to be leaned against something!!  Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

I think you can always think of more to do and things to change, but sometimes, you just have to let go!! ha ha  Glad you like them--not sure I have any better pics than vtgirl took!!

I just want to say one more thing:  I learned this in the OTT swap--smaller = harder!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Cream Blushes For Different Skin Tones
Foods to Avoid For Better Skin
New Tool To Apply Perfect Eye Makeup
Packing 101: Everything You Need for a Summer Wedding
Japanese Snail Beauty Treatment
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...