A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 301,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
576 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Voodoo Hoodoo Creepy Cute doll Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 24806 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

megan+mary

DANGER: CRAFTING ZONE

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2006 12:02:24 PM »

Everyone's dolls look amazing! I wish I had pictures to post, but unfortunately... I haven't received anything (because neither have been sent out...) and I'm not even entirely sure if my partners have received theirs Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will gladly do personal ATC swaps!

I've jumped on the wist bandwagon
jamesdean
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2006 04:00:32 PM »

I am quilty of not sending megan+mary hers on time, long story, but it was mailed out today and hopefully it will be in her hands within the next couple of days. I did recieve mine from her today it was the greatest doll I'll have to get pictures ASAP and try my hand at down loading them for all to see!!! she did a great job I was so impressed, and felt even worse about her not getting mine yet! Mine from Topolino (which she posted pix of in previous messages) is as great as it looks in the pictures the creativeness and detail work, beautiful. The fact she took the info I gave and worked with it was even better, same with megan+mary she made me this great black cat knowing that I had two real ones. I was very pleased with this swap and hope that my little late problem on this round won't effect others from swapping with me in the future. Thanks-
THIS ROCKS   Logged
megan+mary

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2006 04:38:05 PM »

Aw, well I'm glad you like it! I'm sure I'll like whatever you sent me, and I didn't mean to sound as harsh as I came off in that last post - both of my partners have their reasons for sending out late. I just haven't gotten anything but bills and junk in my mail for awhile now and can't wait to actually get something REAL!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hookin Flamingo

What were you saying again?

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2006 06:39:56 PM »

qbmaya has PMed me and told me she likes her doll.
But, she has not posted pics yet...So I will post the ones I have of the doll in the making but I do not have one of the doll dressed  Undecided
Hopefully she will be able to post some pics of the doll in her new home with her clothes on and of the journal I sent her.  Smiley

This is how the doll looked when I bought her

Then I cleaned her up, took off her head to remove her hair, then I burned new holes in her haid for the yarn I used to make her new hair

Then after I cleaned out all of her old hair I painted her to look kinda zombieish with a few cuts and bruses

Then I gave her the new fun fur type of yarn hair and painted her body

So like I said I have pics of the making of the doll but not of the doll with her head on or clothes on.

I hope qbmaya will be able to post some better pic soon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to make you a journal for a personal swap. PM me!
My wist: http://www.wists.com/hookinflamingo
My blog: http://thehappyhookinflamingo.blogspot.com/

Dorkariffic asked me to the hoe down *blushes* I feel like Cinderella going to the ball *GRIN*
megan+mary

« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2006 07:14:51 PM »

I found one picture of the doll I sent to jamesdean, I had others but I don't know what I did with them.

Like she said, I based it off of our mutual love for black cats. The way I define hoodoo is something that brings happiness to you. For me, that's black cats and I'm sure any black cat owner feels the same (or any cat owner, period!). And so I created this:

For it being the first doll I've ever made, I was quite pleased with the way it turned out  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012 09:12:43 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

teddybearbones

I made you a bag lunch C:

« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2006 07:32:54 PM »

those are both wonderful I love the faux fur detailing on the kitty and the zombie girl all over XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|art| |etsy| |wists| |blog|
Hookin Flamingo

What were you saying again?

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2006 07:34:23 PM »

I am a black cat owner also....
And that doll is so fantastic!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to make you a journal for a personal swap. PM me!
My wist: http://www.wists.com/hookinflamingo
My blog: http://thehappyhookinflamingo.blogspot.com/

Dorkariffic asked me to the hoe down *blushes* I feel like Cinderella going to the ball *GRIN*
devilninny

isnt he adorable?

« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2006 07:40:00 PM »

im a black cat owner too (two of them) and that doll is adorable!  i love it!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

megan+mary

« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2006 11:52:43 AM »

Thanks guys! I think I'm going to have to make another cat doll for myself, I love it so much.

I got jamesdean's doll in the mail today, and it is super cute!

It's body and head are made of clay, the arms and legs are beaded, and the hair is spiral-y wire. It's so funky, I love it! There's a pin on the back, and I'd love to put it on a purse or my bookbag, but I have a habit of just throwing my belongings around, and I wouldn't want to ruin it.

And just because my cat was being so nosey and wanted to be in the picture:

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012 09:12:21 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2006 02:50:37 PM »

ooo--I am a black cat owner, too!!  He has always brought me great feelings and luck, so I love the hoodoo kitty!!  The faux fur is so cute!!  Love the tail!! ha ha --and the fishbone charm on the collar!!

jamesdean--I love the little clay doll!!  Ii cannot believe how everyone took the same theme and did such creative things!!  Plus, I love small things!!  The hair is wild and crazy!! That little guy would bring a smile on anyone's face!!

hookin flamingo--I watched the entire thread of the creation of your doll--you were the one who convinced me to join this swap because of your dolls--I am hooked on recon now and hope to learn so much from you!!  I can't wait to see the final doll!!  Fascinating process--the paint job is amazing--thanks so much for the details!!

This has been quite a swap--everyone's dolls have been just amazing....hope there is another round!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Clipper Over Comb Hair Cutting Technique
Coloring Techniques with John Simpson - Part 1
Red Carpet Hairstyles
How to Start a Beauty Salon
Coloring Techniques with John Simpson - Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Falafel without Frying
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...