A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 303,179
Currently Running With Scissors:
742 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gardening diary (altered book)  (Read 1775 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , altered_book , diary  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: July 24, 2006 05:39:54 AM »

I don't even have a real garden, but I keep garden diary. I have herbs, salad, tomatoes and other plants in pots on our balcony and peas, beans and pumpkins in my mother's backyard. I have written down when I have done palnting, problems that I've had and everything I think is important. Some pages are about unimportant things, because I have felt like crafting and nothing important had happened with the plants.

These two pages are about strawberries that grow on balcony. On the right page there are four small envelopes, which contain tags with texts about strawberries.

These pages are about tomatoes. This is the first time I'm trying to grow tomatoes, and I've had been some problems, like leafs started to turn yellow in the beginning of summer. Right page is unfinished. I'd like to print a photo of one plant and glue it there, but I'm not sure if I know anyone who has god colourprinter, so I haven't done it yet.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011 08:34:08 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: attempted to fix photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006 06:54:36 AM »

wow, that looks very nice!! Keep it up!

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006 07:03:25 PM »

i asked my mom about your tomato plants, because shes grown tomatoes for years and years.  She said that it might be 1)that theyre just at the end of their natural life cycle, 2)that they're not getting enough water, or 3)that theyre getting toomuch water.  I dont think its the first one b/c you said this was your first time trying to grow them, and so its probably that theyre getting too much water, because at least in my case when something seems to be dying i keep on giving it more water Smiley
i hope that helps somewhat...
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006 11:25:26 AM »

Thanks xjoyfulsongx. My boyfriend too said it probably got too much water (he saw how wet it was). That time the plant was also in too small pot. I bought two plants at the same time and had only one big pot at home. Later I planted it into a bucket and gave less water and the leaves stopped turning yellow. Well, now they're starting to do it again, but I think that's normal in the end of summer.

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006 06:56:34 PM »

Such a cool idea. I love your strawberry.

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
How to Make Chicken and Leek Magic Pot Stickers
How to Make Thai Prawn, Mango and Chilli Cups
How to Make Ma Po Tofu With a Chinese Omlette
How to Make Tofu
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...