A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,925
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kids/Baby Sewalong  (Read 7088 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

diannab
founder member of the ZaftigMomma appreciation Society : )

Away..... stalking..... will return shortly......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2006 10:50:36 AM »

Zia, those look awesome! Did you do anything special to the cuffs, or did they just look like that... Maybe I am weird but they do look a lil like they have been slightly stonewashed? Or it could be my monitor! hahahaha lol! the pocket is not noticable! Girl, please! LMAO Grin Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
Would you like a Child/baby clothing & gift board?
ziabox
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2006 11:08:05 AM »

ohh yeah, those look like that because i used an old pair of pants from my hubby and i used the real cuffs from the original pants. It's more of a recon heheheh but hey, use what you have.
The old pair of pants was stained really bad from when we painted out appartment so i used the wrong side as the right side.

here it is turned inside out.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006 11:51:23 AM by ziabox » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2006 11:12:45 AM »

I'm making this:

Which is somewhat a leap of faith.  I'm preg., but we're not going to find out what it is.  I figure even if I don't end up needing it I can:
a.) save it for a future child of mine
b.) save it for a future child of someone else's
c.) give it to charity
d.) use it as a dust cloth
(Okay, so maybe d. was a joke  Wink )

I just bought the pattern today, though (20% off at the local variety store, no less!), so needless to say, I haven't gotten very far on it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
diannab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2006 11:55:11 AM »

ohh yeah, those look like that because i used an old pair of pants from my hubby and i used the real cuffs from the original pants. It's more of a recon heheheh but hey, use what you have.

Nice!!!!!!! Smiley

I'm making this:

Which is somewhat a leap of faith.  I'm preg., but we're not going to find out what it is.  I figure even if I don't end up needing it I can:
a.) save it for a future child of mine
b.) save it for a future child of someone else's
c.) give it to charity
d.) use it as a dust cloth
(Okay, so maybe d. was a joke  Wink )

Congrats on being preggers! ;d I would save it if you don't have a girl! Smiley
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006 03:15:48 AM by diannab » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
moschlo
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2006 11:01:07 PM »

ohh yeah, those look like that because i used an old pair of pants from my hubby and i used the real cuffs from the original pants.

I LOVE that idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moschlo
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2006 11:03:45 PM »

I'm making this:

I just bought the pattern today, though (20% off at the local variety store, no less!), so needless to say, I haven't gotten very far on it!

That is so cute!!! I would really like to see it when its done!

Moema
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diannab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2006 08:38:47 AM »

K Guys------ here is my first pic lol Grin Sorry, I had 'sew' many other things to get out of the way! LMAO Cheesy Tell me what you think.... no action shot yet my girls are at school... Crossing fingers that it fits right! Cheesy It is actually made from an old easter dress that they ripped the pretty tulle on. So I completely tore it apart... and recon'd it to make this: (Sorry if the pics look sheeny. It is made out of satin) Grrr! satin!

Any tips on inserting invisible zippers??? How does this one look?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l43/diannaleigh/S3010468.jpg
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013 06:49:15 PM by meleriffic - Reason: changed non-working image to link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2006 08:47:23 AM »

Okay, not to be snotty, but it looks like you put it in wrong.  Did you use an invisible zipper foot?  I've heard tell (on here, of course!) that you can put one in with a reg. zipper foot, but invisible zipper feet are so inexpensive and make it SO much easier. 

When put in properly, you shouldn't see the zipper at all, just the pull up at the top.  The zipper itself should just look like a seam.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
McJulie-O
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2006 02:45:49 PM »

Okay, not to be snotty, but it looks like you put it in wrong.  Did you use an invisible zipper foot?  I've heard tell (on here, of course!) that you can put one in with a reg. zipper foot, but invisible zipper feet are so inexpensive and make it SO much easier. 

When put in properly, you shouldn't see the zipper at all, just the pull up at the top.  The zipper itself should just look like a seam.

What DQ said.......

The invisible zipper foot application makes it truly invisible...have no idea how to do it with a regular foot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diannab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2006 03:47:56 PM »

I used the zipperfoot that came with my machine :-\it probably isn't an invisible zipper foot though... I will pick one up this weekend! Thanks guys! Cheesy And ps--- I didn't think you were snotty... I thought it looked weird! LMAO Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Care for Your Metal Jewelry
How to Clean Silver Jewelry
How to Make Resin Jewelry
How to Make a Jump Ring
How to Make Leather Bracelets
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...