A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,716
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: pot ideas  (Read 7255 times)
Tags for this thread: planter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

luciouslinda
« on: August 09, 2004 04:06:18 PM »

i have been painting pots for about 5 years  since i started my intense plant collection  these are only a few of the pots i have painted i have over a hundred of them i've done but i still can't catch up to my plants  i need to make at least another hundred pretty painted pots for my collection   btw  i am not a great painter but  they came ok i think  i used outside acrylic paint for them and they have held up well over the abuse of being outside  my whole backyard is a beautiful array of colors and plants  who could ask for more
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004 04:08:41 PM by luciouslinda » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004 04:19:15 PM »

i wish i had that many plants that were alive! Tongue great job on the pots and the green thumb. the only ones i have kept alive successfully are the ones that are still rooting in water.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luciouslinda
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004 09:39:03 PM »

what are you rooting?  i collect mainly cacti and succulents   they do well in texas hot and dry  theypretty much take care of themselves thanks though 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004 01:28:41 PM »

i have a lucky bamboo that is not a bamboo at all. and two others not sure of the name here's a pic

on another not the blue bottle is from bawls power drink. i covered the words with felt that i embroidered a flower on and the word "grow" on the other side. seems to be listening. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luciouslinda
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004 01:42:33 PM »

i like what you did with the bottle and the felt ~ loves it  ~  the plant in the middle is a cladium (sp?) pronounced ( KA-LA-DE-UM)  I HAVE A HUGE ONE OF THOSE  CHECK IT OUT  ITS A BIG OL' MAMA ITS ALSO KNOWN AS ELEPHANTS EAR
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilovepaper
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004 01:56:38 PM »

I don't have a working camera, so i can't show you, but it's easy enough....
I made a bunch of small clay pots for bridal shower favors and they looked really nice. I used dimensional gold paint and made designs all over the pot (swirls, dots, lines, words, etc.). After that was completely dry I white-washed the pots with a watered down white acrylic paint and a sea sponge. They look beautiful and naturally weathered at the same time. I use this technique all the time now especially when I need a quick gift to give. People love them.
Good luck!
BTW- your plants and pots look great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luciouslinda
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004 02:37:40 PM »

I'M GOING TO TRY THAT  AND I'LL SEND A PIC OF IT WHEN I'M DONE AND YOU CAN TELL ME IF I DID IT RIGHT  IT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA  THANKS
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004 02:47:56 PM »

linda my god your plant is huge. i'm so jealous.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004 05:38:31 PM by SarahFroggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
luciouslinda
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004 03:18:37 PM »

WELL I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE CALADIUM - THE FIRST PLANT OF YOURS IS AGLEONEMA (CHINESE EVERGREEN) AND THE SECOND ONE IS A TYPE OF IVY ACTUALLY  CALLED NEPHYTIS  SYNGONIAN  AND YOU ALREADY KNOW THE DRACINA  OR LUCKY BAMBOO
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LoveLenon
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2004 07:37:36 AM »

You could do some cool stencils, or a fuzzy animal would be cute, pehaps scenery the country or city, fall leaves as it is fall (where i am , atleast) or one for the season, you could paint the name of the plant all pretty and put designs around it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wake the Beast Entitled 3
Wake the Beast Entitled 2
Wake the Beast Entitled
How Practice Enables Mastery in a Creative Career - Bijoy Goswami
Boris - One World
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...