A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,599
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lots of fun stuff i made for my moms cottages  (Read 2115 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hardcoremothball
I can't think of anything clever to say

French Toast...Get it?

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2006 06:20:43 PM »

my mom owns some cottages that she rents during the summer on the island of chincoteague in VA. when she first bought them they were in terrible shape and she spent a couple months fixing them up. these are projects i made for the rental cottages to make them feel more homey and fun!

First...the quilt i made out of wash clothes and towels. its really cool and i love how it turned out.

Next...a melted bead sun catcher-y type thing inspired by the one in the featured items.

curtain for the cabinets because my mother had to remove the doors. i made them out of a table cloth and i also made a valence but the picture of that didnt turn out well.

next..we bought this chair and repainted it brown its a cute little rocker type chair. i made the cushion covers out of towels.

i made several pillow covers out of towels also to go with the quilt and the chair. this is one of them.

and thats about it. i'm starting projects for the other cottage but the colors arent as fun(sage green, light blue and tan). the projects will be quite similar though. they're meant to be "beachy" without being tacky. the island is a beach community which is quite nice in the summer. hope you like them!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010 12:38:13 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MsMia

Christmas, Fall, and Winter Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006 06:23:42 PM »

Very nice!!!!!!!!! 

I love the towel chair cushion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkingShears
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006 04:49:03 AM »

These are all gorgeous.  I love the washcloth-into-quilt idea.  The ties are really cute.  What did you put on the back?  And I really like that melted bead thing, too.  I saw those posts a few weeks back, but I'm nervous to try that.  How was the smell in your house?   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stockholm syndrome
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006 06:37:34 AM »

Great stuff, so cute!  I love that quilt and it looks sooo cozy.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hardcoremothball
I can't think of anything clever to say

French Toast...Get it?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006 06:52:35 AM »

These are all gorgeous.  I love the washcloth-into-quilt idea.  The ties are really cute.  What did you put on the back?  And I really like that melted bead thing, too.  I saw those posts a few weeks back, but I'm nervous to try that.  How was the smell in your house?   

the smell wasnt TOOOOO bad. it mostly was the wrost when i opened the oven doors to check on it and then the smell escaped. but i have a window right by the over i was using so i put a big box fan in the window to try and suck the smell out... the back of the quilt is large dark brown towels sewn together so they were the size of the front. i think it took like 2 and a half towels to do the trick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Camellia_Ruth
Hypnotised

Fuelling obsession that borders psychosis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006 09:15:02 AM »

I loooove the colors!! The blues and greens.. and YAY for melty beady goodness... That was a suprise to see when I scrolled down to it, it is so pretty.  You're a Star.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You came in from the darkness and held the door open wide
You stood there like a vision before my unbelieving eyes
I believe in what I see and also what I hear
But did the night play tricks on me or were you really there.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Simple Fried Rice
How to Make Asian Buffalo Wings
How to Make Sautéed Orange Chicken
Easy Homemade Chinese Dumplings
How to Make American Sushi
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...