A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,736
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FIDM - school  (Read 457 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Heatherfeather
Sorry Johnny, I can't go out tonight, I'm too busy getting revenge!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 20, 2006 04:13:36 PM »

I had no clue where else to put this,  but I figured since it relates to fashion.

I'm applying to the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Ca[/font]. I was wondering if anyone knows or knew anyone who went to that school? How did they/you like it?

I really need some info help here, cause I don't wanna throw away $50 for an application fee for nothing.

I recently found out the seattle art institute wasn't even a credited school after I came so close to applying there, until a super nice fellow craftster told me about her expierence with it.  Tongue

So please help a fellow confused fashion/craftster lover here!  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katie_ramone9
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006 04:39:22 PM »

i've only head good things about it.  on their site you can "request info" and theyll send you a dvd all about their school.  im a junior this year but im graduating early so this will basically be my senior year and im gonna apply to FIDM and Parsons. hopefully ill get into one of them.
good luck to ya!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Heatherfeather

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006 05:16:08 PM »

Yeah I've only heard positives too about that school. I'm just wary still of it all. I had another fashion college scam happen to me a few years back when I was going to apply to this school in CA. I forget the name, but I ended up watching 60 minutes one night, and there was the college and some students saying what a crock it was.
 Embarrassed

Good luck with Parsons though! Have you looked into FIT in NY as well?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katie_ramone9
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006 05:44:43 AM »

yeah ive looked into FIT. i think im just gonna apply to all the places that i can and go to the best one.  i kinda would prefer to go to a school in southern CA cause thats where ive lived practically all my life (minus 2 yrs in TX) and thats where im most comfortable but if i can get into a school in NY like FIT or parsons theres no way id pass that up!  but i too am kinda afraid that a school will be a complete bust or something. 

a little while back there was a post on craftster about fashion design schools and a bunch of people posted their experiences with different schools but i cant seem to find the thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Heatherfeather

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006 10:49:13 AM »

Hey there again  Cheesy

Yeah, I applied to FIT, but didn't make it. I'm still afraid of rejection so I dunno if I want to apply there again. I've heard both positive/neg about that school. But I do know its a top school.

Yeah I remember that looonng thread about the fashions schools here. I was the one who started the post and then it GREW AND GREW LOL!

So are you planning to go into fashion design then? I wouldn't mind going to a school in southern cali. At least I'd have more oppourtunites down there with people in the sunshine and superficiality. har har.

Hope to hear back from ya!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katie_ramone9
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006 05:02:57 PM »

i didnt know u started that thread hehe.  yeah im planning on going into fashion design.  part of me wants to go to a school in socal cause im so fimiliar with it but then part of me wants to venture out and go to new places.  not all the people in socal are superficial,  there alot more accepting of individuality than the people where i live are.  i really like socal tho.  the weather is great, theres tons of awesome stores, awesome people, lots of stuff to do.  its just a really great place. 

im going to an open house for the art institute of dallas.  you had said that you were gonna go to the one in seattle but found out it wasnt a credited school, does that mean the one in dallas isnt either?  im only going to the open house cause i just want to see what they say about their school and whatnot.  and cause its so close to me and its free.

i really need to pick one hobby though cause i want to go to cosmetology school and fashion design school.  but i couldnt afford both. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carolyn_rawr
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006 06:30:25 PM »

A good friend of my attends FIDM, they are majoring in graphic design, and she loves it. Hope that helps some
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Heatherfeather

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006 11:30:48 AM »

A good friend of my attends FIDM, they are majoring in graphic design, and she loves it. Hope that helps some

Yeah? I do hear its a good school, just the thing for me is that, its a credited school. Not just an art secondary school. I definatly want a fully certified degree.

Any more info would help lots! Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carolyn_rawr
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006 10:14:13 PM »

Sorry to say I don't have a whole lot more info. It definately is well known and certified though, which is great. I'm a literature major myself so I'm afraid I haven't researched it much...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Subsequent Hills by Ellan Grossman
Warped by Ellan Grossman
Vert-Vurt by Ellan Grossman
Whatever Can Go Wrong by Ellan Grossman
Water Seeks Own Level by Ellan Grossman
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...