A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,612
Currently Running With Scissors:
719 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Cool Lovey-Taggie-Blankie for the cool baby boy...(IMG heavy)  (Read 2837 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 20, 2006 02:33:31 PM »

My 7-month old Boy Diego has recently begun obsessed with tags and the satin lining of this generic little lovey blankie.  I decided to make him a few more (before he rubbed holes through his first one!)!

I saw this thread for one super taggie blankie, made from fleece... http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=104314.0  , but I can't bear to even look at polar fleece today (it has been over 100 for 10 straight days here), so I used snuggle flannel instead.

First, let me mention that sewing is my LEAST favorite craft....most all the others come naturally to me, but I struggle with the machine and patterns and such, so this was a VERY simple project, if I could do it all by my lonesome!  I used 2 squares of snuggle flannel (about 17" square), 1/2 a pkg of blanket binding ($4 at Wal-Mart) and the ribbons...about  a $4. project, I guess.  GREAT for GIFTS!

Here is one side of the blankie...a funky lime/turquoise square pattern:

The other side is a blue soccer print, with lots of pattern...

I bought 1/8 yard of 6 different ribbons (for a total of .24cents!) and cut those into 2 pieces, sewing 2" taggies down one edge of the blankie, in front of the satin blanket binding!

Here is Diego, he digs it!  He is my little "Linus"; sucking his thumb and rubbing his blankie!

Hooray, a successful sewing project! 
How much would you pay for one of these? Or how much should I sell them for?
Let me know what you think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftinMyAssOff

~Crafty Goddess~

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006 04:22:19 PM »

thats so cute!  blankie and baby.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I NEED shrinky dink straight pins for my sewing.  Can anyone help me? lol.

If anyone can make me a Chihuahua stuffie pincushion, I'd love u 4EVER !!
RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006 09:43:33 PM »

What a soft-looking blankie and adorable boy!  Too cute, sucking his widdle tumb wike dat!  My daughter only sucks her thumb when she feels something soft...like her stuffed animals, blankets, my mom's velvet couch!  She touches them and IN GOES THE THUMB!   It must just be born in them to do that!

Later,
RecycleMicol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
OriginalYouth

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006 06:38:35 AM »

What a soft-looking blankie and adorable boy!  Too cute, sucking his widdle tumb wike dat!  My daughter only sucks her thumb when she feels something soft...like her stuffed animals, blankets, my mom's velvet couch!  She touches them and IN GOES THE THUMB!   It must just be born in them to do that!

Later,
RecycleMicol

He is precious, if I do say so myself. Yes, I do!  I think he picked up the habit (of rubbing something soft) when I nursed him, he always grabbed ahold of my bra!  I DO think it is adorable right now, but I'm sure in a year or so when he is screaming for his blankie I won't be so amused.  Sigh, time will tell.  For now, we'll just let babes be babes, I guess.
Thanks for the compliments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

retro-redux

spending way too much time on craftster since 2006

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006 06:49:09 AM »

soo cute-and a VERY good idea to start now making spare blankies. I had a nephew addicted to his "yah yah" and by the end, years later it was like tatters and they could not find a replacement.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

come be my craftster friend on my blog: http://www.myspace.com/retroredux

I succumbed to the Wist Darkside-here ya go:
http://www.wists.com/retro-redux

Break the chain: Spay or Neuter your pets
OriginalYouth

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006 07:56:22 AM »

soo cute-and a VERY good idea to start now making spare blankies. I had a nephew addicted to his "yah yah" and by the end, years later it was like tatters and they could not find a replacement.

Yeah, that was my fear, that I would leave it at church or Nanna's and he would get angry...I figured if I have a few around that are interchangeable, it wouldn't be a problem!  Plus, he has some reflux, so if one gets spit up on, I can swap them out.  And, of course, they need to match his outfits when we go out!  Tongue  I like that I put the taggies on it, I can simply loop in a loopy toy thingy (Link-a-do? is that what they are called?) and attach it to his carseat, so he can't toss it out in the car, or out of the shopping cart!  It took him a few minutes to warm up to this one yesterday, but after he got used to the vibrant colors and new smell, he became fast friends with it!  Off to make another one (after I make my convertible dress and take the melted beads out of the oven!  LOL!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Novelist Katie Kitamura Talks About Martial Arts
From Those Wonderful Folks Who Gave You Pearl Harbor Book Trailer
Elisa Albert on Her Book: the Book of Dahlia
The List Book Trailer by Tara Ison
Tips on Writing from Philippa Gregory
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...