A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 305,029
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bride's Day Of: Survival Kit  (Read 6143 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BekMonkey
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006 12:18:09 PM »

JasperKat brough up an excellent point: the umbrella is a good idea too.  I had a golf one in my car just in case, but the rain was the day BEFORE the wedding.  It was a record-setting flood dubbed as the "Flood of 05" by the news.  Thankfully the day of it was a sunny, clear, warm October day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Polybeadry
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006 05:40:57 PM »

I would also suggest getting some of those no-slip stickers that you put on the bottom of shoes. Its just one less thing for the bride to worry about if the floor is slippery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty.Old.Hipster?
knitinandwriterchick
My life of knitin and craftin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006 05:58:43 PM »

Dont forget the cammera!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No kniting no life
Know kniting know life..
pollyhyper

I rreally llove llamas!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006 09:04:38 AM »

I can't believe no one mentioned Sh0ut Wipes!  They were a lifesaver when my red roses rubbed off against my white dress (yeah, I never knew they could do that either!) right before photos.

Also, I don't know if it was mentioned, but super-glue, eye drops, r0laids...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my Etsy shop at http://pollyhyper.etsy.com and check out my image transfer jewelry!
serialcrafter

but I want to help!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006 09:59:27 AM »

OK.  I've taken this idea and merged it with a toiletry kit to come up with a personalized, pocketed, folding toiletry kit that hangs from a hook or door handle and is made out of wedding dress silk.  Will try to post pics tonight, but is a great shower present for the bride that already has all she needs.  When the wedding is over, they have a cool toiletry bag for the honeymoon!

Thanks so much for this super-comprehensive list of items.  It was a lifesaver.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OhSoRetroDarling

rummaging for answers in the pages

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006 02:53:55 PM »

What did you brides find you needed the most on your day of? I would like some more stuff to stash in her tote. Thanks!

On the day of my aunt's wedding (I was a bridesmaid) she did her eyebrows last minute at the church.  Shocked Cheesy tweezers might be good to put in a kit!! we also ended up needing some double A's for one of the bridesmaid's camera.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creative thinking may mean simply the realization that theres no particular virtue in doing things the way they always have been done.
Petunia0384
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006 08:45:01 AM »

This is a really great idea.  I was looking for a surprise to send one of my friends for her wedding day (since she's a registry peeker and already knows what I bought her) and I think I'm going to combine this idea with something else I've yet to come up with.  Thanks for the idea.  I really love the slippers for cold feet. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shainna Smiley

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Tennyson
Petunia0384
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006 08:48:23 AM »

And incidentally, along with the cold feet/slippers idea... I think I'm going to get bunny slippers and some tulle and turn them into brides.  It's delightfully cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shainna Smiley

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Tennyson
hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006 08:39:31 PM »

And incidentally, along with the cold feet/slippers idea... I think I'm going to get bunny slippers and some tulle and turn them into brides.  It's delightfully cheesy.

that's such a cute idea, i think i might have to steal it for my best friend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007 03:33:00 PM »

l know this topic is super old but l finally finished my survival kit for my best friend in time for her shower this past weekend Smiley thanks for all the inspiration and tips! my box was a hit and now everyone at the party wants to make one for their next wedding!

onto the pics:  her wedding was supposed to be super pink but as time went on it became more champagne with hints of pink so to make up for it, the colors of her bridal shower were hot pink, black and white.

so l found the perfect hot pink box at target that had black inside, incidentally, it was the only one left and l haven't seen one since. l really lucked out! stickers also came from target, the middle piece is a shrinky dink that l decorated myself by tracing a logo from one of my shirts

inside:  l crammed it too well to take everything out to take a picture of everything, so you just get a top view Wink the hello kitty pouch is filled with feminine needs..

and a close up of the list:  unfortunately l used super glue instead of my favorite mod podge cause l thought it might be difficult to attatch the paper to the textured backing.. and it made the paper get all funky colored Sad

in case you can't read what's inside:
white chalk  sewing kit  safety pins  double sided tape  oil absorbing sheets  cheezits  hand sanitizer  baby power  first aid kit  blister patches  aspirin  tums  make up remover  deodorant  mouth wash  tissue  lip balm  pads/tampons  clear nail polish  crazy glue  lint remover  dental floss  manicure set  q tips  cotton rounds  shaving gel  razors  eye drops  gum  lotion  straws
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 11:14:02 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Sports Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Product Photography
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Portrait Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Panoramic Scene
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...